Seagulls at the G.

Redleg

They were a disgrace yesterday as there must have been a few hundred of them. The AFL needs to do something about this problem immediately. Bring in that falcon they used at the races, before the supporters arrive and you will never see them again.

We shouldnt wear the all white strip in those conditions.

There was so much seagull sh-t dropping all around me I could have ended up all white. It really distracts you from watching the footy when hundreds of the birds are flying just over your head.

Edited by Redleg

There was so much seagull sh-t dropping all around me I could have ended up all white. It really distracts you from watching the footy when hundreds of the birds are flying just over your head.

Are you sure that was mustard on your hotdog ?

I know a school in Melbourne whose principal in the early 2000s used to arrive 2 hours early, with a hunter he'd paid himself, to shoot the pigeons that were roosting in the school's yard. By the time school started the carcasses had been disposed of.

The MCC ought to start shooting. Practice for the Olympics maybe.

Negative: we'd handball to seagulls. Positive: the opposition wouldn't see us. ;)

Seagulls are just rats with wings. It's beyond me why they are protected.

Pidgeons too.

This would not happen at Collingwood home games.....they'd eat them by half time. They'd set up snares in the pre game goal end nets.

There's a falcon that patrols at the G for an hour or so one day during the week.

They didn't seem to arrive until midway through the last quarter yesterday, I'm not sure how you stop them arriving at a particular time.

Just watched the replay and noticed that they appeared with 8 minutes to go in the game. Smart birds as they arrive just as the fans are about to leave and the scraps are then theirs to grab.

Just watched the replay and noticed that they appeared with 8 minutes to go in the game. Smart birds as they arrive just as the fans are about to leave and the scraps are then theirs to grab.

and someone should get rid of them all when you go to the beach, its terrible.

and seriously, how about when you go outside and there are mosquitos? can't someone zap them all?

and i went on a picnic and there were ants everywhere. why didn't the council get rid of them so i didn't have to worry about them?

They are natural wild life. WTF is everyone whinging about? put up your hood if it is a problem, you can't just 'get rid' of birds because they bug you.

if we need to cull any numbers it ours. its not like there are many habitats left where we let them be.

they may be annoying but that is part of life. you can't go destroying animals because they annoy you. (although i'll make a for introduced species that are damaging native wildlife and ecosystems such as rabbits.)

if we need to cull any numbers it ours. its not like there are many habitats left where we let them be.

they may be annoying but that is part of life. you can't go destroying animals because they annoy you. (although i'll make a for introduced species that are damaging native wildlife and ecosystems such as rabbits.)

They didn't seem to arrive until midway through the last quarter yesterday, I'm not sure how you stop them arriving at a particular time.

Its all so simple and humane. They are more intelligent than most. They come in at the conclusion of every game seeking the scraps of food left by the careless humans who drop the overpriced food on the ground. It costs them nothing. Save the bullets and don't drop rubbish.

They were a disgrace yesterday as there must have been a few hundred of them. The AFL needs to do something about this problem immediately. Bring in that falcon they used at the races, before the supporters arrive and you will never see them again.

Those being shat on should get a Class action going to accelerate the AFL's actions.... Although, come to think of it,,, the Bombers struggle in that department, don't they, CLASS! :)

Seriously, there needs to be something done about the Pigeons & the Gulls. :)

The problem is ours as we caused it, through too much food for them, causing them to breed out of proportion to the habitat available... see the Tip's etc & the food scraps & people feeding them.

IMO we have to put them on the pill,,,,, through the breeding season,,, the Pigeons & the Gulls.

And also setup a lair & attract a pair of Peregrine Falcons to Roost on one of the Light Towers.

Edited by dee-luded

What happens when the seagulls have gone and the falcon gets hungry. When he sees the scraps will he bring his mates. Leave the gulls there. I'd prefer them than a flock of hungry falcons. Not only will the losing team leave half way through the last quarter so will the supporters of the leading team. Whose going to sing the song.

Ruddy annoying as we all agree. The AFL should check out the race courses,as I am sure one of them(I think it was Flemington) who had a similar issue and I think they erradicated it.

What happens when the seagulls have gone and the falcon gets hungry. When he sees the scraps will he bring his mates. Leave the gulls there. I'd prefer them than a flock of hungry falcons. Not only will the losing team leave half way through the last quarter so will the supporters of the leading team. Whose going to sing the song.

:blink:

PS: Does that mean you've given up & simply don't have any Idea whatsoever.

Edited by dee-luded