Big Jim on Footy Show this Thursday night

Yeah, and get cracking with those banners for Jimmy on Sunday :)

Edited by Deevout

I wonder if he will be live in the studio or it will be a pre recorded interview with Damien Barret or Hutchy. Either way I will be watching. Love ya Jim. Im guessing he will be on early if live in the studio. Maybe its to do with the call of arms where you wear a yellow ribbon to support cancer because essendon usually wear them against us.

If they ever name the premiership cup. (which I hope they never do.)

They could do much worse than the Stynes Cup

Jimmy Stynes at least deserves something named after him...maybe the Rising Star award can be called the Jim Stynes Medal

The man is a legend, an inspiration, and a big part of what makes ours, the best goddamn football club in the world.

We are destined for greatness once more, and it is my one wish that Jim gets to enjoy all the success which he has had a hand in.

Edited by Jaded

I'm ready to put the boots on myself right now.

I live 3 hrs from the G and was considering going to the game, I now remember why I love this club, ill be there on Sunday. Go Dees

I'm ready to put the boots on myself right now.

With the two great Demon men up their tonight (Jim & Gaz), shivers down the spine right now.

We HAVE to win this week - no mistake about it!!

Did anyone else catch Garrys' look down the camera when he said that "the 22 Melbourne boys sitting at home tonight watching this WILL win this week"?? Took me back to the days of been in the rooms as Jim & Gaz warmed up before games, both proud & prowling around. Love those memories.....

Make a stand this week Melbourne!

Did anyone else catch Garrys' look down the camera when he said that "the 22 Melbourne boys sitting at home tonight watching this WILL win this week"?? Took me back to the days of been in the rooms as Jim & Gaz warmed up before games, both proud & prowling around. Love those memories.....

Make a stand this week Melbourne!

He was staring daggers, hopefully the boys can get out there from the first bounce and do us proud.

Guest Redleg_24

He was staring daggers, hopefully the boys can get out there from the first bounce and do us proud.

Jimmy is a bloody legend. The entire audience and the panel listened to everything he had to say. No stupid jokes from Sam. Just fair dinkum respect. He and Garry obviously have an enormous mateship. The guy is just so positive and 'in touch'. Everyone I know has the highest degree of respect for Our Jimma! Come on boys, show the passion this week! Do it for Jim.

I'm feeling lots of love for the big fella... almost teared up at the end of the interview. The boys watching will come out breathing fire! Can't wait for Sunday....... Go Dees!

This is the game we need to make a statement. I don't care what it takes before the game, the boys need to be revved up and pumped, whether Jimmy goes down into the rooms or something else, they need to come out and blow the Bombers away.

You can talk about Scullys, Trengoves as superstars, but Jim puts footy in perspective. He is a bonafide superstar and an inspiration to us all - we love you big fella

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

Jimmy is a bloody legend. The entire audience and the panel listened to everything he had to say. No stupid jokes from Sam. Just fair dinkum respect. He and Garry obviously have an enormous mateship. The guy is just so positive and 'in touch'. Everyone I know has the highest degree of respect for Our Jimma! Come on boys, show the passion this week! Do it for Jim.

I don't think I've ever seen Sam show respect to a guest. Spoke volumes.

I was so proud to be a member of this great club as I listened to him, and just marvelled at the character of the man to put his problems behind him to support the team we love.

God bless you Jim.

I'll be watching. When Jim talks people stop and listen !! I love the man.

Gee do they ever. Even the panel went all coy, I had a close look at their faces and I reckon even they were a bit nervous. That may have been the most compelling footage on the footy show all year. Buggered if I know why. He didn't have any huge news for us. I thought maybe they'd announce a presidency replacement or something.

Jimmy Stynes at least deserves something named after him...maybe the Rising Star award can be called the Jim Stynes Medal

I think it's already named after Ron Evans isn't it?

The man is a legend, an inspiration, and a big part of what makes ours, the best goddamn football club in the world.

We are destined for greatness once more, and it is my one wish that Jim gets to enjoy all the success which he has had a hand in.

This club ultimately has to be judged on premierships. We're not a great club, in fact, we've been pitiful.

The wheel is turning, but any future success can only be judged by flags.

And yes, Jim is a great man.

This club ultimately has to be judged on premierships. We're not a great club, in fact, we've been pitiful.

The wheel is turning, but any future success can only be judged by flags.

And yes, Jim is a great man.

To me, our club is the greatest in the world.

You may disagree, and others may disagree, but we are still the oldest professional sporting club in the world and we have a rich and very successful history.

As a club we have done a lot for the AFL, pioneered the game, the international rookie and also gave the football world some of the greatest players in history.

I feel proud to be a Melbourne supporter, even when we are on the bottom of the ladder. I've never denied who I barrack for or been ashamed to admit it.

To me, our club is the greatest in the world.

You may disagree, and others may disagree, but we are still the oldest professional sporting club in the world and we have a rich and very successful history.

As a club we have done a lot for the AFL, pioneered the game, the international rookie and also gave the football world some of the greatest players in history.

I feel proud to be a Melbourne supporter, even when we are on the bottom of the ladder. I've never denied who I barrack for or been ashamed to admit it.

That's a one-eyed passion I admire, but also have sympathy for. We've been a club that has failed to grasp the fundamentals of what it takes to be a successful BUSINESS, as opposed to just a successful CLUB. We've been a very poor business for going on 40 years now. We may be pioneers, but that doesn't dictate quality imo. Look at Sheffield Wednesday.

We haven't done anything for the league in 40-50 years. I've never denied who I barrack for, and I say I go for Melbourne with pride, because I want people to know how dedicated a supporter I am, despite recent failures. It says a lot about a person's character to stick with a team so aggressively when they're failing.

But I can say that we are far off being the greatest club in the world at the moment. We may have been one day, but we've failed to take advantage of our age and position in Australian sports culture, which has allowed clubs like Collingwood to overtake out. Being good 40 years ago means nothing now.

But we're on the way up.