" The Russian"

Jurrah-Time

Dee's should put up either of,

Jamar + McNamara (both SA)

Jamar + Bell (both SA)

Jamar + Buckley

Jamar + Valenti (I like Valenti, but would like to see him get more game time. At another club. So be it!).

Port will deal Pick 9 if they secure it in the Burgoyne trade. They have Pick 8 to keep!

I would'nt deal Jamar for any other pick. 8 or 9 or he stays put.

Dee's should be pushing this trade hard. I would even be asking for Pick 8 since they dont have pick 9 yet.

Picks 1, 2, 9, 11, 18 all locked in for the draft would be great. I would even lock in Pick 34 and try and snare Majak Daw.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have a look at Jamar's stats for the year I think you will find there were quite a few double digit possession games.

Wooohooo, double digit possessions.

Jamar + Bell (both SA)

Jamar + Buckley

Jamar + Valenti (I like Valenti, but would like to see him get more game time. At another club. So be it!).

Port will deal Pick 9 if they secure it in the Burgoyne trade. They have Pick 8 to keep!

Average ruckman + bottom-side reserves player does not equal a first round pick!!??!?!?!

Is it possible we have countered, or leaked having countered, to give the impression of wishing to retain MJ whilst intending to trade him anyway?

I think its fair to say that MJ is not in the top 10 ruckmen in the comp (name your stat - hitouts, hitouts to advantage, posessions, marks in general play, marlks inside 50....).

Why on earth would he be worth any more than a low second or third round pick?

I'd do a deal in a heartbeat.

He has a 5 goal haul under his belt :P

If you have a look at Jamar's stats for the year I think you will find there were quite a few double digit possession games.

He also started to take marks and his ruck work was levels better than his previous years.

wow one 10 possie game every 6 games yeah he is a ball magnet, when he gets 20 possy two games in a row then, that would impress me. i don;t think he has every done that

meeson was a top 10 pick do you think he is better then jamar,

Value drops when you do nothing. After you get picked it is all about what you do on the park.

Jamar's not a star ruckman....when will people realise....he's worth a second round pick, at most. Throwing a depth player like Buckley or McNamara in will not make that a first round pick!!! Jolly is easily the superior ruckman.

Agree

Jamar + Mcnamara for burgoyne mayb

I have not seen much of Mcnamara only a few games, but I would think he would have hardly any value or have any lure from another team to get him?

Jamar offered new contract, according to Adam White on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Whitey927

This would tell us MFC think he is worth more to us then on the trade table.

Edited by Mr Morton

He also started to take marks and his ruck work was levels better than his previous years.

are you a girl, jamar is

I think its fair to say that MJ is not in the top 10 ruckmen in the comp (name your stat - hitouts, hitouts to advantage, posessions, marks in general play, marlks inside 50....).

Why on earth would he be worth any more than a low second or third round pick?

He's the only ruckman on our list who is any good at all so far. I'd take any of the robbery style deals such as anything under 20, but there's no way I'd be trading him away for a late second rounder.

wow one 10 possie game every 6 games yeah he is a ball magnet, when he gets 20 possy two games in a row then, that would impress me. i don;t think he has every done that

He actually averaged 11.3 possessions a game in 2009 and was 7th in hitouts per game for the year.

In our current situation there is no way i would trade Jamar for anything less than Ports first round pick 9

Adding another player as a sweetner is ok but no compromise on Ports first rounder

Our ruck stocks are at the bare minimun as it is

He's the only ruckman on our list who is any good at all so far. I'd take any of the robbery style deals such as anything under 20, but there's no way I'd be trading him away for a late second rounder.

Indeed. Given our situation, he's worth more to us than a 20+ pick.

Jamar is nowhere near the quality of Darren Jolly but having said that we are lacking experienced, mature bodied ruckmen.

Considering we now possess picks 1,2,11 and 18 i would suggest that Melbourne do not trade Jolly for anything short of pick 9.

Jamar is nowhere near the quality of Darren Jolly but having said that we are lacking experienced, mature bodied ruckmen.

Considering we now possess picks 1,2,11 and 18 i would suggest that Melbourne do not trade Jolly for anything short of pick 9.

You're a bit late I'm afraid.....

Jamar + Bell (both SA)

Jamar + Buckley

Dee's should be pushing this trade hard. I would even be asking for Pick 8 since they dont have pick 9 yet.

Picks 1, 2, 9, 11, 18 all locked in for the draft would be great. I would even lock in Pick 34 and try and snare Majak Daw.

I agree, if Port really want him they will take one of these deals.

MFC should definately push this trade.

Jamar isn't worth a top 20 pick, so I'd only consider trading him for a player.

Little wonder that Melb have offered him a 2 year deal. Unfortunately, he's worth more to us than anyone else.

The spud.

Guest hangon007
I agree, if Port really want him they will take one of these deals.

MFC should definately push this trade.

Give them a call then ... see how you go!

Edited by hangon007

Of course they'd go for it. Why wouldn't they trade a top ten pick for a rookie-listed player and an unproven 25 (?) year old ruckman....

They are desperate for a ruckman and it was floated 6 weeks ago Port would trade there first round for a ruckman. Jamar was mentioned back then.

Why would they do it? Because they have Pick 8 and are likely to get Pick 9 and want to trade it on for a ready made player. Jamar is peaking just at the right time and is a South Australian. Valenti shoudnt be on a rookie list but is. I rate him better than that and port will need an in and under type I would think. Still young!

I would take Valenti b4 Buckley and Bell. Throw in Lynden Dunn with Jamar. Another player who would get more game time at another club.

Jamar + Bell (both SA)

Jamar + Buckley

i'd even chuck in a swap of third round picks.

besides they owe us remember walsh and pick 44 for pick 42? or something along those lines.

Indeed. Given our situation, he's worth more to us than a 20+ pick.

Yay or Nay to pick 24?