Round 8: Melbourne v West Coast - Saturday MCG

Eth

Good to see Jetta in the emergencies, another one pushing ... maybe they're worried about Sylvia coming up. Thought we might have seen Gysberts there, but with our JW in, probably looking for more experience.

I wanna know who gets dropped for Morton's return? Bartram?

WD Bails

Agree with the previous posts....Dunn was (sort of) the last player not really improving. Bartram would be very stiff to miss, has shown a lot of improvement and handy for run-with roles.

Perhaps Cale has to wait until someone needs a rest.

Hard to remember ever having so much depth of this quality.

I doubt it. What's he got to feel unlucky about?

Certainly there's no doubt that Watts in for Dunn is an improvement. Though I am surprised that Watts made it back this quickly. I wonder how Cheney and McNamara feel. They don't have the added bonus of being former number 1 draft picks.

Nor do they have the added bonus of being one of the best young players on the country. Oh and our backline is pretty solid.

welcome back Jack :) Youve earned your spot now give it its due :)

Ought to interesting to see how ew go with improved fire power and targets up the pointy end.

Good luck

Go Dees

Great to see Jack back but the only problem is the media is going to have a feast day.

I hope that Jack has ripper game like every other Melbourne supporter but the Sunday paper will just be Nik Nat is better and all of this sh*t. Even now just watching the channel 9 news they are saying its ironic and how Nik Nat has out shown Watts already. This is going to be very frustrating

"Hard to remember ever having so much depth of this quality."

Wait, there's more.

There's going to be one hell of a bottle-neck towards the end of the year not to mention 2011 when it comes to players lining up for selection.

What a great problem looms!

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

Great to see Jack back but the only problem is the media is going to have a feast day.

I hope that Jack has ripper game like every other Melbourne supporter but the Sunday paper will just be Nik Nat is better and all of this sh*t. Even now just watching the channel 9 news they are saying its ironic and how Nik Nat has out shown Watts already. This is going to be very frustrating

Don't worry about what the peanut gallery has to say. We (the rusted on fans and the football club) know exactly where we are and where we are going. So what if a couple of sensationalist journo's want to sell a paper or two? The same idiots will be singing his praises when he is the premier forward in 2012 and that is when we remind them that what they know about football - and especially the MFC - could be written on a cigarette paper and there would still be room left over for a weekly shopping list.

Looks like we've kept the team balance by replacing a tallish forward with a tall forward, and retained PJ to support Jamar.

Sorry that Gysberts wasn't selected for his first match, But that would gives us 6 players with < 8 games each. He must be on track for a game in the next 2-3 weeks.

Not a bad idea to keep Rivers for this week. I suspect that the wiggles will pull a late change on Saturday afternoon, bringing in Ashley Hansen. He did very well against us in the NAB challenge match at Casey, and has good form with 14 goals in his last 2 games at the WAFL. Glass is carrying an injury and may be the guy that pulls out, so the wiggles may have to reshuffle their defence.

Kerr, Embley and Masten are injured or suspended and missing from their midfield. This could be their weakness on Saturday.

Jordie Mac - have a blinder and pick up another NAB rising star nomination for the Dees!!

When you have a full VFL team of players pushing their case for selection and you've been on the list for 5 years with little return, you need to play out of your skin to keep your spot (eg Bartram). Dunn hasn't done that and hence he isn't stiff.

We need to improve and Watts will help us do that in the long term.

Good to see jack in. Can you imagine Dean's press conference tomorrow. See how long before he gets sick of J Watts questions. Im yet to see Watts play live so im looking foward to it. Im a little sick of the media saying how Jack and Nic Nat are going up aginst each other. Unless jack goes in the ruck or Nic Nat plays down back they won't be near each other. I sort of get where they are coming at tough. But Jack don't worry about it. Just go out there and play your game. I know you will be a good player for us over the years.

Can people just remember Nic Nat was playing seniors in the WAFL and Jack was playing for the under 18's and school footy a year ago. Jack will come good in his own time. Anyway will be interesting to see how many possies Nic Nat gets. He has been averaging around 13 a game. If i was Jamar in the first ruck contest I'd just put the leg up and show him who is the dominant ruckman.

If we win which we should I wonder which radio station will get jack watts first to interview.

Damn, there goes my sacrificial lamb (little-l) to make way for Morton when he's ready. Now I need to find someone else.

Exciting all the same :)

It's going to be hard to find spots, just ask Joel Mac, Bail and Martin, all loosing their spots recently and in years gone by, they would have kept their spot - No pressure. JW hold your spot mate, there are many guys that appear to be hungry for it!!

Bout time!!

Its a little tough on one of he leadership group to be permanently relegated to the VFL side, watching Miller last week, I thought he played some good football.

Good o see Jetta as a emerg.

Edited by Sturmmann