Melbourne 2010 best 22

Red&BlueBlood

Clearly everyone on here loves the demons, i was wondering who we all could come up with as our best 22 players if everyone is fit.

2010 BEST TEAM:

B: BARTRAM WARNOCK RIVERS

HB: BRUCE FRAWLEY GARLAND

C: GREEN GRIMES TRENGOVE

HF: DAVEY MORTON BATE

FF: SYLVIA WATTS PETTERD

R: JAMAR McKENZIE SCULLY

I: JURRAH MOLONEY JONES BENNELL DUNN HUGHES

EMERG: BAIL CHENEY GYSBERTS JETTA JOHNSON MacDONALD MARIC STRAUSS WONAEAMIRRI

Notice - six on interchange- would depend on opposition we were going to play.

FB: Rivers, Warnock, Garland

CHB: Grimes, Frawley, Bruce

C: Scully, Moloney, Green

CHF: Davey, Watts, Sylvia

FF: Petterd, Bate, Jurrah

Rucks: Jamar, McDonald, Trengove

Bench: McKenzie, Morton, Jones, Paul Johnson

EMG: Dunn, MacDonald, Bennell

Can't make a decision on wonaeamirri

Wow, completely accidentally left Davey off the first time I wrote it up - nice to happen

So I moved Bail from EMG to Casey, Bennell from Bench to EMG, Morton from wing to Bench

Edited by pitchfork

Really, really difficult!

FB: Frawley, Warnock, Bartram

HB: Garland, Rivers, Grimes

C: Morton, McKenzie, Davey

HF: Sylvia, Bate, Petterd

FF: Green, Jurrah, Wonna

FOLL: Jamar, Moloney, McDonald

INT: Bruce, Martin (know I'll cop it for this one), Scully, Trengove

EMERG: Bennell, Jones, Watts

Edited by Tall Defence

Martin (know I'll cop it for this one)

You'll cop it from me at least.... just from your emergencies, Bennell/Jones/ Watts are all better than Mr. Project.

You'll cop it from me at least.... just from your emergencies, Bennell/Jones/ Watts are all better than Mr. Project.

I don't disagree with with you in that regard. I'm just a big advocate of taking in two ruck options for every match. If I had say Watts in for Martin, what would happen if Russian did his knee at the opening bounce? That's my deranged logic behind it anyway, hehe.

Garland Warnock Rivers

Morton Frawley Grimes

Davey Moloney Scully

Sylvia Bate Green

Jurrah Watts Davey

R: Jamar Mcdonald Trengove

Int: Jones Mckenzie Petterd Bruce (would love to replace him, but even his most staunch of critics have to acknowledge he's in our best 22 on this years form..)

Emg: Any three of Bail (unlucky) Wona Dunn (unlucky) Bartram (unlucky) Johnson/Martin Jetta Cheney Macdonald Gysberts Bennell (very unlucky) Didnt get to mention tapscott, strauss, or blease

Jesus that was tough.. Wanted to squeeze in bail and bennell but couldnt find a spot for them. And poor Jamar doesnt get a chop out. Really should put johnson or martin in there but maybe watts can do a bit of relief ruck?

The only questionables are one of Warnock and Rivers, as its possible Frawley may take Warnocks role once we've got our best side, and Rivers may be surplus to requirements (insert strauss or cheney?). Although both are playing well

Junior will pass the torch on either next year or year after (to Gysberts?), and Bruce might be squeezed out by the vicissitudes of age and the impudence of youth..(one of tapscott, strauss or blease?)

In reality you never have your best 22 available though, so the raft of talented emergencies should get many chances. Bail, Bennell, Wonna to come in if one of forwards arent performing or injured.

B. Frawley Warnock Garland

HB. Bruce Rivers Grimes

C. Davey Jones Green

HF. Sylvia Bate Dunn

F. Petterd Jurrah Wonaeamirri

R. Jamar Scully McKenzie

IC. Trengove J.McDonald Moloney Miller

E. Macdonald Bartram Bail

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

Too hard. We've only seen what 3/4's of the list can do. I'll give it a crack at the start of 2011.

Really, really difficult!

FB: Frawley, Warnock, Bartram

HB: Garland, Rivers, Grimes

C: Morton, McKenzie, Davey

HF: Sylvia, Bate, Petterd

FF: Green, Jurrah, Wonna

FOLL: Jamar, Moloney, McDonald

INT: Bruce, Martin (know I'll cop it for this one), Scully, Trengove

EMERG: Bennell, Jones, Watts

I should actually add, with Petterd out for the season I'd bring Jones onto the bench from emergency, Trengove to HF line and I'd bring Spencer onto the emergency list.

Don't know about our best 22, but would love to see for the last 6 games we line up as per below

Strauss Warnock Frawley

Grimes Rivers McDonald

Morton Moloney Green

Bate Watts Sylvia

Aussie Jurrah Davey

Jamar Scully Trengove

McKenzie Bennell Jones Bruce

Jetta Cheney Maric

Gee a few good names to miss on lots of those teams... surely we have to have a spot for bennell, and Pettard is heading to the Gold Coast so there is another spot... Further question - Do Melbourne trade on some of this surplus talent to top up the list given the drafts are useless for the next 2 odd years??

I think

Rivers, Warnock, Frawley are the best back 3 we have, and need to grow around these 3.

As for the Forward surely we have to build a future around Jurrah & Watts. I would think wonna, bennell, etc would thrive with those 2 leading out...

B: Bartram Warnock Garland

HB: Grimes Frawley Macdonald

C: Davey Trengove Jones

HF: Sylvia Morton Bate

F: Jurrah Petterd Green

FOL: Jamar Scully McDonald

INT: Bail, Bruce, McKenzie, Bennell.

EMG: Johnson, Watts, Rivers.

Alright, here's my semi-educated opinion (feel free to judge/heap scorn on)

HB: Grimes, Frawley, Bruce

C: Morton, Trengove, Moloney

HF: Davey, Watts, Sylvia

FF: Jurrah, Green, Bate

Foll: Jamar, McDonald, Scully

Int: McKenzie, Petterd, Jones, Bennell

Emg: Bail, Martin, MacDonald, Bartram

All dependent on matchups on gameday.

Already getting hard, and we've yet to see about 10 players be given a decent crack!

Emg: Bail, Martin, MacDonald, Bartram

All dependent on matchups on gameday.

Already getting hard, and we've yet to see about 10 players be given a decent crack!

We have pretty much the exact 22 except for Bennell, I had PJ...I just think we need a second ruckman.

I think that the backline setup has shown itself to be the most versatile this year. For me Bartram just isn't enough of a 2-way player this year, C Bruce has been terrific in this department

We have pretty much the exact 22 except for Bennell, I had PJ...I just think we need a second ruckman.

I think that the backline setup has shown itself to be the most versatile this year. For me Bartram just isn't enough of a 2-way player this year, C Bruce has been terrific in this department

Yep, it was difficult leaving that 2nd ruck choice out, but I thought I'd give Watts the benefit in this case. Was definitely considering Bennell to FP, Bate to CHF, Martin to the bench and Watts to the emergencies. And Bruce's engine is still outstanding. Watching the replays, he seems to be everywhere.

FB: Rivers Warnock Cheney

HB: Bennell Frawley Bruce

C: Davey Scully Grimes

HF: Petterd Watts Sylvia

FF: Jurrah Bate Green

R: Jamar Trengove Jones

INT: McDonald Moloney Morton McKenzie

EMG: Bail Wonaeamirri Garland

That was hard.

Edited by eth38

Mine would be pretty similar, but I'd probably have Bartram in place of Rivers (as surprised as I am to have Bartram in the mix for my best 22!).

The major concern is the lack of a second ruck, and not sure who from that team would be the pinch-hit ruckman.

I'm also not sure whether Bennell gives us more than Wona would, but Wona hasn't played for a while and both have pros and cons.

Watts probably doesn't deserve to be in the side at the moment, but I see where you're coming from.

What I really like about pretty much all the best 22's is the fact that we're not going to lose much in the way of attrition.

McDonald and Bruce are nearing the end, but I think Green is the type who could play on for a long time.

The guy I'd most like to see come into contention is Blease. I think his type would be really helpful to us.

Only Jurrah,Watts and Morton would be best 22.

I struggle to see JoelMac being unseated for Rivers. Particularly on recent form.

Wonna has not played for 18 months and needs to establish himself. Bennell has more runs on the Board can play up the ground.

I am not sure why Bartram is out as it leaves us with no one to cover the small forward. Bartram has been good in the past two weeks as well. And he is leading the grabs for that role.

Backs Bartram Warnock Garland

HB MacDonald,FrawleyGrimes

Mids McKenzie,Trengove,Morton

HF Sylvia Watts Petterd

F Davey Jurrah Green

Rucks Jamar McDonald, Scully

Int Bruce Bate Moloney, Bennell

Emerg Bail Rivers Spencer

My only change from a month ago would be to put Bruce in front of JoelMac at the moment

My change from the start of the season would be to have Junior in the team.

I think I had him on the bench (namely because of his captaincy).

Now I'd have him as one of the first picked on form.

My only change from a month ago would be to put Bruce in front of JoelMac at the moment

Given there have been three Demons games since you posted that 22, it's no surprise you've not made many changes... :P

Anyway, is MacDonald just taking Bruce's spot on the bench or has someone else come in to your 22?