What backman for Hall Friday night

Darren

Brad Miller has played some of his best games doing the job on Hall.

I don't agree with this.

The first time Miller played on Hall he did ok, but I think it was Barry Hall having a bad night as well as our midfield restricting the delivery to him.

The 2nd game Hall clearly beat him in every area except the score board where Hall missed several gettable goals.

The 3rd game Hall dominated.

Warnock obvious first choice. Depending on what happens at selection, Brad Miller has played some of his best games doing the job on Hall. Doing it again if Warnock is beaten badly early could be the shot in the arm he needs.

is Barry Hall playing for williamstown this week?

Hi there,

with the strength of Hall on it's way to the G friday night, who will get hall aside from an assassin in the southern stand lol

Regards Darren

Frawley has the strength & leg speed to go with Bazza. Frawls also needs the experience of playing these big boys to get further belief for himself. The time is Nigh for the Chipper to take these roles. If Bazza plays deep then maybe Warnock can take him, but further out I'd have The Chip.

Has to be Warnock as otherwise he is not required in the side. I want to drop Rivers this week but the one reason he might get a reprieve is because he is the only one stupid enough to back into Hall's space. Although Macdonald could do that job.

I don't agree with this.

The first time Miller played on Hall he did ok, but I think it was Barry Hall having a bad night as well as our midfield restricting the delivery to him.

The 2nd game Hall clearly beat him in every area except the score board where Hall missed several gettable goals.

The 3rd game Hall dominated.

The first time Miller played on Hall he beat him multiple times in 1 on 1 contests and completely nullified any significant impact he might have had on the game.

Agree with the rest of your post though. Wouldn't have thought he would be required given the excellent form of Warnock and Frawley this year.

Warnock obvious first choice. Depending on what happens at selection, Brad Miller has played some of his best games doing the job on Hall. Doing it again if Warnock is beaten badly early could be the shot in the arm he needs.

Oh geez.

Someone suggested Miller to Hall.

I thought we'd gone past that on here.

Play Warnock on Hall and start Frawley on Murphy, with Garland on Minson (i think thats his name) when he drops back from the ruck. Although all would be able to switch with each other if one was getting dominated. Rivers won't be dropped as he will be able to drop back, plug holes and float back into packs as he does so well. Grimes should take Aker.

Frawley should always take the most dangerous forward (whichever forward has the best form OR is likely to kick the most goals) otherwise he will become the Dees version of Dustin Fletcher... always looking a million bucks on the 2nd/3rd best forward but not stopping the oppostion kick a winning score. We shouldn't wait until Hall has kicked 3 early goals before switching Frawley onto him (like Burton round 3) because by then the damage is done and Hall's confidence is up, making it even harder to stop him.

Frawley should always take the most dangerous forward (whichever forward has the best form OR is likely to kick the most goals) otherwise he will become the Dees version of Dustin Fletcher... always looking a million bucks on the 2nd/3rd best forward but not stopping the oppostion kick a winning score. We shouldn't wait until Hall has kicked 3 early goals before switching Frawley onto him (like Burton round 3) because by then the damage is done and Hall's confidence is up, making it even harder to stop him.

Whilst Frawley would be a decent match up on Hall, playing him on Hall is not the most beneficial result for our team. Frawley would be more restricted on Hall and thus nullify his attacking run on the half flank, also the problem occurs of who would Warnock play on?

There is no logical reason imo to play Frawley on Hall over Warnock.

Warnock has good pace, is always in the contest and constantly under the skin of his opponent. Look at his game against Fev, he never gave Fev an easy contest and whilst Fev did finsih with 4 goals, some of them were due to some soft frees and Fev's laziness to attempt the contest e.g. Hanging at the back of the contest. Warnock gave crap to Fevola all day and never gave him an easy ball, if Warnock did this Hall effectively there may be another 'brain snap' or at least a substantial downfall in performance.

Now I'm sure Frawley could have a similar effect on Hall but with Warnock on Hall it frees up Frawley to take a weaker (in relative terms) opponent, providing us with greater run and attack from half back than if Frawley were on Hall.

THat's a myth.

It was one game, and Hall had been in great form before it.

He kicked 2.4, and if it had been 6, this rot would not have started. Miller did an average job that night.

I'm hoping Frawley will go to him, but I'm aware he and Warnock will share the duties.

Brown and Fev are the kinds that hurt you on the scoreboard and play the ball, which helps Chip and Warnock.

Hall is the kind the just hurts. So it will be interesting, especially if Chip can go to him and beat him. Hal's probably the last scary player Chip hasn't beaten. After smashing Fev and Brown, he'll have no reason not to go into ANY game with confidence if he rolls Hall.

Has to be Warnock as otherwise he is not required in the side. I want to drop Rivers this week but the one reason he might get a reprieve is because he is the only one stupid enough to back into Hall's space. Although Macdonald could do that job.

Any chance Rivers might actually match up on a player rather than play a luxury role. I cant see Rivers surviving over Warnock and Joel Mac gives us better run from defence.

he will become the Dees version of Dustin Fletcher... always looking a million bucks on the 2nd/3rd best forward but not stopping the oppostion kick a winning score. We shouldn't wait until Hall has kicked 3 early goals before switching Frawley onto him (like Burton round 3) because by then the damage is done and Hall's confidence is up, making it even harder to stop him.

You must have missed the Brisbane game...pity.

Warnock can take Hall. If we are competitive in the midfield then Hall will struggle for supply.

warnock will get the first go on hall, with frawley probably going onto robert murphy, i dont think matching up on the bigger players but rather the smaller ones, if our backline stays the same and is rather top heavy, with macdonald, frawley, rivers, garland and warnock

Warnok to Hall

Frawley to Hahn

Garland to Johnson (if he plays, if not probably Hill)

MacDonald to Murphy

Rivers to FF, I'm dreaming I know!

Guest Thomo

Whilst Frawley would be a decent match up on Hall, playing him on Hall is not the most beneficial result for our team. Frawley would be more restricted on Hall and thus nullify his attacking run on the half flank, also the problem occurs of who would Warnock play on?

Warnock has good pace, is always in the contest and constantly under the skin of his opponent. Look at his game against Fev, he never gave Fev an easy contest and whilst Fev did finsih with 4 goals, some of them were due to some soft frees and Fev's laziness to attempt the contest e.g. Hanging at the back of the contest. Warnock gave crap to Fevola all day and never gave him an easy ball, if Warnock did this Hall effectively there may be another 'brain snap' or at least a substantial downfall in performance.

Now I'm sure Frawley could have a similar effect on Hall but with Warnock on Hall it frees up Frawley to take a weaker (in relative terms) opponent, providing us with greater run and attack from half back than if Frawley were on Hall.

Good post

Shame Carrol is gone he would have sorted festival right out.

I would prefer frawley but whoever it is Must play goal side, which i think frawley does a bit more naturally. When warnock wasnt goal side against fev he got caught out when body on body. So for warnock to take the next step this is something he must work on to earn his ongoing position in the team