Lets Copy Collingwoods idea

After listening to the radio all week before Anzac Day we got hammered by Nathan Buckley selling and Anzac Day 3 Match Membership for $150 which included premium reserve setting for the Anzac Match and two othe games.

I thought what a good way to attract new members to the club.

Why wouldnt Melbourne copy the idea. A Queens Birthday Premium Reserve Seat and 2 other games membership. Pay between $100 - $120. I would think the game will have a bumper crowd (75,000-80,000)especially with the improvement the boys have shown this year and them stealing the win in Round 2(i'm still filthy on that one!). This would then encourage supporters to come to a couple of more games throughout the year. With the exciting brand of footy the team is now playing it would have to motivate them to take out a full membership the following year as we continue to rise up the ladder!

Lets hope the club are already planning this!

Go Demons!

While I think this is a great idea, I have troubles with the terminology employed with concepts like these. To me, a 3 game "membership" is a misnomer; it's really some sort of special ticket or pass. A membership should be for the whole year and should entail the full rights of being a member, not just get you a seat and a scarf. I find the whole thing a bit confusing and also slight insulting for those of us who are actually full and proper members.

It only works for the Anzac Day game because its a near sell out at the MCG.

I dont there is a problem for QBW.

I imagine that a Tigers 3 day ticket is made of paper to allow disgruntled Tiger supporters to tear up a membership ticket after another loss and not feel like they have lost anything.

I imagine that a Tigers 3 day ticket is made of paper to allow disgruntled Tiger supporters to tear up a membership ticket after another loss and not feel like they have lost anything.

Ha. Or a building block component for B.Gale's strategy to achieve 75,000 members in 5 years time.

You know. Part of the 5-year plan (Mark XVII).

Ha. Or a building block component for B.Gale's strategy to achieve 75,000 members in 5 years time.

Geez, don't we start dancing on graves quickly around here.

We should call it the Queen's Club Pack and have it grant access to a Brisbane game down here, as well as the Gold Coast team next year (so you've got both Queensland teams), with the addition of the Queen's Birthday blockbuster vs Collingwood as the marquee match of the package. Include a standard deck of 52 Melbourne-themed playing cards and sell it for whatever price the Club sees fit.

I'd buy it just for the pack of cards.

Aces: Matthew Warnock, Paul Johnson, Daniel Bell, Tom Scully

Kings: James McDonald, Dean Bailey, Jim Stynes, Cameron Bruce

Queens: Pia Miller, Trisha Broadbridge, 2 other prominent Melbourne women

Jacks: Jack Watts, Jack Trengove, Jack Grimes, Jack Fitzpatrick

10s: Cale Morton, Colin Garland, Tom McNamara, Mark Jamar

9s: Addam Maric, Michael Newton, Neville Jetta, Rhys Healey

8s: James Frawley, Brad Green, Joel Macdonald, Danny Hughes

7s: Brad Miller, Jared Rivers, Max Gawn, James Strauss

6s: Matthew Bate, John Meesen, Aaron Davey, Sam Blease

5s: Jordan Gysberts, Ricky Petterd, Kyle Cheney, Luke Tapscott

4s: Lynden Dunn, Liam Jurrah, Stefan Martin, Rohan Bail

3s: Clint Bartram, Jordie McKenzie, Austin Wonaeamirri, Jamie Bennell

2s: Nathan Jones, Colin Sylvia, Brent Moloney, Jake Spencer

Edited by Chook

Would it count as membership? IE add to the official stat, which is all important in attracting sponsors?

I don't think it should, simply because these kinds of "memberships" artificially inflate the real figures. But if other clubs are doing it, then I think we should too.

Guest melbman

We should call it the Queen's Club Pack and have it grant access to a Brisbane game down here, as well as the Gold Coast team next year (so you've got both Queensland teams), with the addition of the Queen's Birthday blockbuster vs Collingwood as the marquee match of the package. Include a standard deck of 52 Melbourne-themed playing cards and sell it for whatever price the Club sees fit.

That is a really awesome idea re the cards

I hope the club takes it up in some form or another, are you going to email the club?

Damn nice work!!!!!

No offence, but cards?

A deck of MFC-themed playing cards will sell more memberships..?

Edit: I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but are the matches against Queensland teams just convenient because they are loosely associated with the word "Queen" and that is what this membership is based around?

I don't necessarily have much better to offer myself, but I think the club needs better ideas than this.

Edited by Keyser Söze

No offence, but cards?

A deck of MFC-themed playing cards will sell more memberships..?

First, they wouldn't be considered memberships. Second, the games are the focus and the cards just a bonus. Third, don't be a wet blanket.

Edited by Chook

Debbie Lee; Karen Hayes.

I'd be keen for a pack of cards

Come up with a better idea then.

'Kay. How 'bout this? We stick with what we've got now and have the AFL yelling at us every year, saying we'll lose the Queen's Birthday game unless we do something to raise crowd numbers. May I again emphasise point three of my last post. Instead of whining that someone who has no incentive to come up with any ideas whatsoever has thought of something crappy, why don't you put up your own ideas?

'Kay. How 'bout this? We stick with what we've got now and have the AFL yelling at us every year, saying we'll lose the Queen's Birthday game unless we do something to raise crowd numbers. May I again emphasise point three of my last post. Instead of whining that someone who has no incentive to come up with any ideas whatsoever has thought of something crappy, why don't you put up your own ideas?

Not good with criticism..?

i do think that's chooks problem, i think it is a case of "empty vessels.........

Not familiar with what you're referring to, but it stands that it is a weak unsophisticated idea.

If the club went ahead with that I'd donate $50K.

Nothing necessarily wrong with that, it just needs work and refinement.

Guest hangon007

From a marketing perspective "the money is always in the mailing list" then it all comes down to conversion.

I'm tipping ever half smart club in the league will be doing this over the next few years - in some way, shape or form.

Sometimes you have to give credit where credit is due ... good idea Tigers!

Edited by hangon007

Richmond also have a 3 game membership package which costs about $80, Richo was all over the ads the other day

correct tiges have it too and as for copying it wont work we are not a powerhouse like the pies or richmond on the supporter stakes we are too fickle as supporters to even turn up week in week out like the richmond