Jonathan Brown

The Chazz

People have lost their minds.

I suppose I see where you're coming from, but you've gotta back the club. I'll take any opportunity to move to 3-2!

Indeed !

Having watched the Brisbane v Dogs game last weekend, I did see JB pull up ginger after a contest with Lake late in the game, it only appeared to hamper him for a second - clutching around the upper thigh/groin region. He then contested a couple more times including kicking a goal, seemingly unhampered.

Would be a massive out for the Lions.

You can only beat what the opposition serve up. I'm not spewing if it is true (that Brown may miss), no matter how unfortunate.

There will still be plenty on Melbourne's plate to deal with come Saturday night.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disappointing if true. I was looking forward to Brown doing his thing at the 'G.

I understand the sentiment because JB is hands down my favourite player, and I was looking forward to watching him live, but Melbourne trumps any individual player and if JB indeed doesn't play and that helps our cause, then I'll say thank you very much!

Being 3-2 and with North, West Coast and Port Adelaide coming up in the next 4 weeks, would be a brilliant position to find ourselves in.

Banfield,Sherman,Brennan,Power all good forward targets to watch out for as well

Yes, apart from Brennan, that Banfield is going to be an absolute gem!! Not only quick and opportunistic, he seems to be a very smart footballer who always knows where to be when the ball is coming forward.

I agree with some of the comments about it being a pity to not see the big fella JB running around the 'G but what an opportunity this present. I do wonder what the odds will be reset at if this news is confirmed, we would obviously come in, but I wonder to what, maybe $3.00? Thoughts?

I agree with some of the comments about it being a pity to not see the big fella JB running around the 'G but what an opportunity this present. I do wonder what the odds will be reset at if this news is confirmed, we would obviously come in, but I wonder to what, maybe $3.00? Thoughts?

My thoughts are how STUPID some people are in here saying they will be upset if JB doesn't play. I don't give a toss how many players a team has out, a win is a win. I'm sure if we were playing them in a final that we would all be hoping he wouldn't be playing!

Odds-wise, I would still have Melbourne as $3.30 2nd favourites. Brisbane to start around $1.40.

My thoughts are how STUPID some people are in here saying they will be upset if JB doesn't play. I don't give a toss how many players a team has out, a win is a win. I'm sure if we were playing them in a final that we would all be hoping he wouldn't be playing!

Odds-wise, I would still have Melbourne as $3.30 2nd favourites. Brisbane to start around $1.40.

That's true if it was a final, but you don't learn to be the best if you don't play on the best!

I'd rather he played, and the backline learn how to deal with 2 power forwards..........priceless experience!

That's true if it was a final, but you don't learn to be the best if you don't play on the best!

I'd rather he played, and the backline learn how to deal with 2 power forwards..........priceless experience!

As opposed to building this winning culture we all desire?

So, IF Brown plays, he comes out kicks 10, Fev gets 5, we lost by 78 points, everyone will be happy that we got to play against the twin towers? Dreaming.

Exactly. Get your heads out people. If Brisbane wins, do you think they go to the rooms saying "Gee, that's a real shame, Melbourne had Watts, Wonna, Jurrah, Morton, etc... out. We didn't learn enough". No. You take your luck when it comes - hell knows we deserve some!

So, IF Brown plays, he comes out kicks 10, Fev gets 5, we lost by 78 points, everyone will be happy that we got to play against the twin towers? Dreaming.

I love watching JB play. So as a spectacle, it would be a shame to see him miss.

However, IF HE is out, then its F#@KING great news for the Dees!!!

I love watching JB play. So as a spectacle, it would be a shame to see him miss.

However, IF HE is out, then its F#@KING great news for the Dees!!!

Saturday Night, 5th June Brisbane are playing North Melbourne at Etihad - go watch him there! Hopefully it's not Saturday Night, 24th April!

So what are you after, a winning culture built on an easy run?

You don't go out and play spuds in finals, so wishing for gun players to miss games is a bit of a losers approach isn't it?

You have to beat the best to be the best.......reality!

You don't go out and play spuds in finals, so wishing for gun players to miss games is a bit of a losers approach isn't it?

Eventually...but 4 points is 4 points and for our young side being 3 and 2 with a chance of 4 and 2 would do wonders. I'm not betting we're going to make the finals, but if on some miracle we made the eight by one game (this weeks), please don't attend the game on principle.

I reckon there would be a few people who were thinking of coming to this game to see Brown who now won't. I'm a bit dissapointed that our defense won't have the opportunity to prove themselves against the best forward line in the game.

Agree with what you're saying to dome degree, but I think you're about 3 years early.

This year, we are not wanting to prove we are the best, we are far from it, so, until then, I would love to play these top teams when they have top players out.

As someone else hinted, with Brown out it will help (still not going to be an easy task though). We can go to 3-2, with the strong possibility of being 5-2. All of a sudden, a finals birth, while highly doubtful, is still a possibility. What a great experience that could be for this group.

Now that would work :)

I recall Frawlery playing on Fevola in about round 18 last year. Kept him virtually kickless until Bailey took him off! I recall the ABC broadcasting the match and describing Frawley's frustration as Fevola got back into the match and ended up kicking quite a few.Frawley's the man for Fev in my vies.

Brennan could be a big threat now

I reckon there would be a few people who were thinking of coming to this game to see Brown who now won't. I'm a bit dissapointed that our defense won't have the opportunity to prove themselves against the best forward line in the game.

To be honest Jack, I live an hour or so from he Gabba, and while I enjoy watching Brown play, when Melb pay Brisbane up here and I go, the last thing I'm hoping for is to see J Brown in the flesh.

I would assume those that don't turn up this weekend if Brown doesn't play would be non-Melbourne supporters.

At this stage our team has nothing to prove. We are probably fighting above our weight this year, but as I said in my previous post, in 3 years time when we are expected to be a lot better team, that's when I'm happy to take on full strength teams.

That said though, if we win 3 flags straight, and every year we have had a dream run to and through the finals because of opponents injury lists, no-one will be concerned about how easy a run we had!

Edited by billy2803

Maybe a few people might have stayed home because they thought we didnt have a chance. Now that Brown MAY BE out.......maybe they will come.

Heard Greg Denham this morning on SEN saying Brown has a hernia problem, and that Brisbane told him he is going to have surgery on it and he told them to go and get stuffed im playing through it.

Very interesting

Heard Greg Denham this morning on SEN saying Brown has a hernia problem, and that Brisbane told him he is going to have surgery on it and he told them to go and get stuffed im playing through it.

Very interesting

This would tend to verify that, he seems to think he will be playing so I guess he will.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/betting-suspended-on-lions-game-with-brown-under-injury-cloud-20100422-tbxk.html?autostart=1

Guest Balls_Grinter_14

In that Age article, Brown never confirmed he was playing, he confirmed he wasn't having surgery.

I think he will miss this week and reconsider things during next week.

I think he will miss this week and reconsider things during next week.

Hope you're right Balls! I can tell you one thing - unlike a majority or people in here, I will be delighted if J Brwn doesn't make it this weekend. He is a great player who is a proven match winner off his own boot. He was going to be a tough match-up, Frawley is the obvious answer for Fev, Garland and Joel Mac to take Staker and Brennan, would have left Warnock on Brown which I was a bit nervous about, especially seems Brown likes to go up the ground a bit (I think if he plays/played out of the goal square Warnock would be capable).

We still have a lot of work ahead of us, but the task in considerably easier if he doesn't play. It will still show where our list is at at the moment, and will give us a slight chance to be 3-2 by the end of the long weekend.