Brock Whisper

FC Melbourne

Way too early to call the Brock one.

Maybe but the fact since 2007 he has not been able to get on the park on a consistent basis. Most worryingly he seems to be susceptible to collision injuries, not good for a player who's bread and butter is in and under.

He broke his ankle in 2007 through a tackle and missed alot of the season. His hip injury could have been the result of another collision injury. Unfortunate for him. Hardly injury prone but when you are playing close in packs seeking the first touch out of the centre such collision outcomes are possible.

He broke his ankle in 2007 through a tackle and missed alot of the season. His hip injury could have been the result of another collision injury. Unfortunate for him. Hardly injury prone but when you are playing close in packs seeking the first touch out of the centre such collision outcomes are possible.

• 2005 twenty games
  • 2006 18 games, misses rounds 1 & 11-12 polls 9 Brownlow votes
  • 2007 breaks foot in 1st round, returns round 9 then struggles through season
  • 2008 round 14, injures ankle missed rest of season
  • 2009 Misses round 17-19

I see where you are coming from but his history indicates that he has missed large chunks of games due to collision injuries. Just wondering how much of a toll it has taken on his body, as we know he wasn't the quickest player to begin with. Also, there has been rumors that his body is stuffed, surely this will add fuel to this fire.

im beginning to think that trading/walking out brock is going to be a master stroke in 2 years time when his body is all but done.

I agree.

People may argue that leaving was his decision, but the club consciously walked him to the door and held it open for him while he hobbled out.

• 2005 twenty games
  • 2006 18 games, misses rounds 1 & 11-12 polls 9 Brownlow votes
  • 2007 breaks foot in 1st round, returns round 9 then struggles through season
  • 2008 round 14, injures ankle missed rest of season
  • 2009 Misses round 17-19

I see where you are coming from but his history indicates that he has missed large chunks of games due to collision injuries. Just wondering how much of a toll it has taken on his body, as we know he wasn't the quickest player to begin with. Also, there has been rumors that his body is stuffed, surely this will add fuel to this fire.

Agree with the history and it will take a toll on his body eventually. And never use rumours to fuel any fire. But at the moment the injuries dont appear to be chronic hamstring/back or other soft tissue matters.

I called this the day of the trade. With all his other faults, a very important one overlooked at the time was the fact he cannot get on the park and is often playing under duress. I predict a short career probably ended by one catastrophic injury from which there is no return. I still can't believe Carlton did that trade, absolute idiots.

With all his other faults, a very important one overlooked at the time was the fact he cannot get on the park and is often playing under duress. I predict a short career probably ended by one catastrophic injury from which there is no return. I still can't believe Carlton did that trade, absolute idiots.

The Club had re priced his next contract on the basis of plateauing performance and lack of game time. Carlton need to cash in while they had Judd and needed a bullocking midfielder to allow Judd, Gibbs and Murphy the scope to roam. They also needed an experienced replacement for Stevens whose career was cut short with a neck injury. By giving pick 11 they did pay over the odds particularly when Ball later became available.

Two lines of reply, but couldn't choose which...

1) Oh no, another injury to a Dees player...oh wait. So, do we really care that much?

2) So McLean's body is stuffed, he retires at the end of the year and winks 'I gave you $10K and pick 11, my beloved Dees'.

Ahem.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

do we all realise that this bloke plays for Carlton now? this is Demonland right? or am i dreaming?

Agreed. He is their problem now but can somebody correct me if I am wrong in thinking that all the players that were traded for 1st round picks are off the field this week - Lovett, Gibson and Mclean or am I missing somebody?

As i woke up the monday morning of last years draft, SEN waffled the news into my Sleepy Brain that we had secured Pick 11 for Brock Mclean.

I immediately Fist Pumped the Roof and said "Yeah" Mclean was NEVER worth pick 11 after last years performance and i doubt ever will be. Geelong will get pick 26 for G Ablett Jnr FFS if he moves to GC17....we did well.

I am glad the club stood firm on it's original offer.