Collingwood v Melbourne

Grand New Flag

118 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

One Game of footy can tell a lot. Are you telling me that he cannot improve that team on last weeks Performance?? That's is all i am asking.

Have you had days in your own job where you just have to perform-I bet you have.

Well in my eyes this is one of them for Dean Bailey-I am glad we are playing the Filth on saturday, as there is no bigger game to play during the season.

Its Totally up to Bails-if he coaches well then WE know. I don't understand why so many around here tip toe around-No wonder the club has been average for 46 years. Not enough is expected of it.

How exactly are you going to measure Bailey's performance this week that gives you such a specific anwser?

This week will tell us if the players have any heart, more importantly the senior players

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How exactly are you going to measure Bailey's performance this week that gives you such a specific anwser?

This week will tell us if the players have any heart, more importantly the senior players

There are lots of indicators-first 5 minutes should tell. How much the Senior Players play like senior players. Body Language, whether the Young Kids take any Filth Monstering or stand up to it. Players taking real risks & Backing each other....i could go on.

Its Baileys Job to keep the Team Focused on match days-he gets well paid, but in three years i have seen one fully committed team game...WCE last year, and that was for jimmy

I want to know if he can coach, and i reckon he does to....

I'm just looking forward to the game against Richmond when Watts, Blease, Garland, Gysberts and Maric are all playing and we can start to concentrate on our future

And with Bailey still at the realm.

When will people in here realise that Bailey is as safe as houses until minimum of the end of this season. Why waste your efforts people in calling for his blood??? So many people saying "if I was in charge...", all I say is "Thank Christ you're not in charge".

And I'm also sick of hearing about the search for this "game plan". If a game plan is predictable/obvious enough for us to see, our opposition will feast on it and we will cop bigger hidings. One thing about this game plan that everyone is so obsessed about, I think Bailey came out in his press conference this week and said that the overuse of the handball is NOT in the game plan, it was more the pressure the Hawks forwards put us under. Pretty basic observation I thought.

This weekend - Melbourne (to lose) by 46 points. Start tall in the forward line with Jamar or Martin, as well as Green, and if that doesn't work, have Sylvia one-out.

There are lots of indicators-first 5 minutes should tell. How much the Senior Players play like senior players. Body Language, whether the Young Kids take any Filth Monstering or stand up to it. Players taking real risks & Backing each other....i could go on.

Its Baileys Job to keep the Team Focused on match days-he gets well paid, but in three years i have seen one fully committed team game...WCE last year, and that was for jimmy

I want to know if he can coach, and i reckon he does to....

Mate your expectations are way too high.

We have a group of kids playing together for the first time v a group of men who are mostly at the peak of their career and have played together for years..... a group that expects to win the flag. I expect to see improvement and better intensity, periods of the game we win and no early blow out......... but that is about all.

If we win this game it would be the greatest upset in the history of the game..... people should remember this but also understand where we are at. In 1993 Sydney rebuilding with youth won just one game, in 1996 with basically the same team they made the GF with 16 home and away wins. Suck it up and understand what we signed up for when we embarked on a total rebuild.

Collingwood by 60 - 100.

I don't care what the score is i just want to see 100% from each player,not 100% from 17 and 90% from 5.

If we get that,we couldn't have done any better.

We played like this under Daniher and now under Bailey,maybe they are just too laconic and laid back.

Anyone who doesn't play with 100% intensity plays 4 weeks at Casey and will only be re-considered for selection after 3-4 great games at VFL level.

This is the only way to change attitudes.Exactly what Matthews and Voss did to TJ,they both banished him for 4 weeks,only TJ's attitude needed 2 spells.

Nothing else works.

Edited by Jack7

Mate your expectations are way too high.

We have a group of kids playing together for the first time v a group of men who are mostly at the peak of their career and have played together for years..... a group that expects to win the flag. I expect to see improvement and better intensity, periods of the game we win and no early blow out......... but that is about all.

If we win this game it would be the greatest upset in the history of the game..... people should remember this but also understand where we are at. In 1993 Sydney rebuilding with youth won just one game, in 1996 with basically the same team they made the GF with 16 home and away wins. Suck it up and understand what we signed up for when we embarked on a total rebuild.

Collingwood by 60 - 100.

Hang on, i am not demanding a win here, all i am asking is to see a big improvement in commitment for the team.

We could quite easily lose by 60 -100 yes, But if we win the first Q or get close in that first Q i will be happy as.

If the game is over in 10 minutes considering we still have some good senior players then i am worried.

But as i said a few days ago, i won't be paying to much attention to the scoreboard-more as to how the young kids get backed up.

Last week Jordie Mckenzie was outstanding- i want to see more of that.

Bailey can still coach well and lose.

I know it might not mean alot to a few of the boys playing for our club, but maybe just before we run onto the field someone could hold up the Melbourne jumper and say.

THIS IS WHAT WE PLAY FOR, NOT THE MONEY,NOT THE FAME BUT FOR THE HISTORY!

If any player cant get up and put a solid effort in after that then at least we will know what they are worth.

Collingwood 60-99, all I'm hoping for is some aggression. And maybe a bit of passion, but mainly aggression. As Dermie would say, "draw a line in the sand".

i

The time has not yet arrived for our "line in the sand game"

It's a grand old flag

It's a high flying flag

It's the emblem for me and for you

It's the emblem of the team we love

The team of the....

Oh no I have forgotten how the song goes... Come on BOYS help me remember the song again ;)

Can recall Collingwood spanking us by 96 points on Easter Monday, 1996 as well as round 2 last year. Maybe Collingwood have won all the round 2 matches?

Just to settle this, you are indeed correct BBP.

The Pies have not only won all 3 of the Round 2 meetings since 1980- they've won them by 53, 107 and 94 points.

Just to settle this, you are indeed correct BBP.

The Pies have not only won all 3 of the Round 2 meetings since 1980- they've won them by 53, 107 and 94 points.

Oh dear, tomorrow is going to be a tough day-Maybe we should organize a wake after the game to keep the spirits up.

The Filth supporters are going to cane us unmercifully-so take a raincoat to help deflect spittle from the toothless barrage. B) B)

Tomorrow is going to be painful.....very very painful.

And I am normally bullish about every game we play, but not this time.

Our forwardline quite simply sucks, we were pititul last week, and are playing Collingwood who played some of the best football you are ever likely to see in the first half against the Bulldogs last week.

We've shown nothing all preseason, have 4 of our top players out, and after 2 years still have no idea how to carry out Bailey's game plan.

It's a 100 point loss coming up!