Maric means to make 2010 a winner

Demonland

Really hope he can get 15+ games this year.

"One of the attributes Maric is hoping to bring to the top level this year is his kicking efficiency, which was considered elite at junior level."

We could use some of that.

i was told also this by a player that used to play in the TAC cup around the same time as him. Also blew the Champion Data stats out the window compared to everyone else in the TAC at the time.

Edited by Clanger King

why did he slip to pick 21 then if his disposal is so immaculate? obviously has plenty of deficiencies. I hope he comes good, i thought he showed good endevour last week, suppose thats something.

Because, in the end he is a small forward pocket who might be capable of stints in the midfield.

He isn't built like a Judd, a Morton or a Naitanui.

He might have slipped to 21, but he didn't slip to 58.

His pass to hit Miller lace out after receiving the tap on from Trengove on the boundary is worthwhile remembering. Miller slotted it through. Which was just as pleasing.

Yeh that was the sole highlight of the game. Funny how we all get excited when our players do things that are mandatory to other AFL teams. ;)

Yeh that was the sole highlight of the game. Funny how we all get excited when our players do things that are mandatory to other AFL teams. ;)

Let me know when you have something positive to say about Melbourne... Go say hello to Torres

Let me know when you have something positive to say about Melbourne... Go say hello to Torres

dude i live for this club, it dictates my moods and emotions in life but in all honesty after 20 years of let downs and disappointments its hard for me to be overly positive. Remember the saying, a pessemist is an optimist with insight.

I did say Maric's kick was a positive from sunday anyway. Im not the one who said he was rubbish. The fact is we dont do the things other teams take for granted out there at the moment.

Torres says go Dees!

yes that was good... every other effort was dismal though

The handball Maric placed over the top and in front (to Davey's advantage) of the running Davey who went on to kick a 9 pointer, wasn't bad either. You would have to admit.

i was told also this by a player that used to play in the TAC cup around the same time as him. Also blew the Champion Data stats out the window compared to everyone else in the TAC at the time.

Im pretty sure Maric still has the best set shot kicking accuracy in TAC cup history.

You wouldn't know it from his set shots in AFL though.

The handball Maric placed over the top and in front (to Davey's advantage) of the running Davey who went on to kick a 9 pointer, wasn't bad either. You would have to admit.

Yes, I saw that. Great decision to put it well ahead of him, end-over-end, so that Davey could run onto it.

These flashes of brilliance are what give me hope for him.

Im pretty sure Maric still has the best set shot kicking accuracy in TAC cup history.

You wouldn't know it from his set shots in AFL though.

Yeah, I expected him to come in kicking like Mark LeCras... instead he has been kicking like Brad Miller on a bad day.

oh be careful, negative comments are taboo on this site....

Wash your mouth out with soap, don't even mention negativity around here bucko B)

A bit of negativity every now and then is refreshing.

Dees will be in the bottom 4 an spurs will take liverpool's spot in the big 4.

His pass to hit Miller lace out after receiving the tap on from Trengove on the boundary is worthwhile remembering. Miller slotted it through. Which was just as pleasing.

Agree. He will only get better..

The majority of his kicking for goal has been deplorable which was meant to be his strong suit. I recall he had a set shot from 45-50 last Sunday and kicked it out on the full.

I still hold hope he'll end up being a class act for us, but not as confident as I was 18 months ago.

He along with Joel MacDonald were by far the best on ground last Sunday night. He was a real positive for me. When we expected the likes of Jurrah, Davey, Sylvia and Rivers to be the standouts - this little bloke was a shining light. First positive to come out of the year I reckon?!

The majority of his kicking for goal has been deplorable which was meant to be his strong suit. I recall he had a set shot from 45-50 last Sunday and kicked it out on the full.

I still hold hope he'll end up being a class act for us, but not as confident as I was 18 months ago.

I found that frustrating too, but it was just a mis-kick. It wasn't indicative of his general kicking ability. I think there's a big difference.

I thought that Maric's disposal in general play was excellent on a couple of occasions, and I'd be hesitant to make judgements about his kicking for goal until his nerves settle down. He's played 11 games and has come in with a reputation and hence expectations of others that he'll have flawless kicking. Talk about pressure!

I'm on the Maric band wagon this year!

why did he slip to pick 21 then if his disposal is so immaculate? obviously has plenty of deficiencies. I hope he comes good, i thought he showed good endevour last week, suppose thats something.

Why did James Hird slip to 60 odd ???