Demon Wiki

DemonWorshipper

I am sure this site has been mentioned before, as many of the contributors post on here.

However, I felt like giving it a plug. For anyone who hasn't had a look:

http://wiki.fcmelbourne.com.au

A bit bored of the talk of Sundays debacle, I felt like a positive MFC experience so I brought up the homepage and have spent the last 3 hours reading it!

Keep up the good work, and a shout out to Supermercado for all the excellent articles so far!

• 1 month later...

Oops, I just discovered this thread looking for something else.

Thanks guys, I might use this thread for any posts asking for info.

For instance, does anyone have reliable lists of our old reserves/u19's coaches? As you can see on http://wiki.fcmelbourne.com/tiki-index.php?page=reserves this page I've pieced bits and pieces together through old articles, but as is always the case one article usually contradicts another.

• 1 month later...

Anybody got pictures of more obscure players from the past? I'm having trouble finding photos from 2000 and before. I've got a few from the early 80's on trading cards but wondering if anyone has got newspaper articles, magazines, annual reports, footy records etc.. with pictures of your Brent Heavers, Darren Cuthbertsons, Jamie Duursmas and the like.

I've got about 5000 pictures each of Stynes, Spalding, Jakovich, Lyon, Viney etc.. but it's time to fire up some of the lesser lights of our history :)

Update - For instance does anyone have larger versions of the mid 90's team shots like this http://wiki.fcmelbourne.com.au/browseimage588 which I can crop players pictures out of.

Edited by Supermercado

• 9 months later...

Hello again sports fans, time for my periodical addition to this thread.

Anybody got team pictures from the 70's and 80's? I got the 1973 one today (http://wiki.fcmelbourne.com.au/1973) and more would be great.

Also looking for:

- Scans of reserves and under 19's teams

- Reserves scores/goalkickers etc.. from the 1990's

- More details on reserves/U19's players (http://wiki.fcmelbourne.com.au/Other+Players)

- Full B&F results/club award winners from plenty of years (too many to list, check on each year's page to see what is and isn't there)

- Any obscure pictures that you've got lying around or can scan

- General copywriting and updating on the profiles of newer players

- Still looking to tick off a few more reserves and U19's coaches

- More information on the fourths (http://wiki.fcmelbourne.com.au/fourths)

- Other crap you might have.

If you CBF signing up to make edits feel free to email me via [email protected]

Hello again sports fans, time for my periodical addition to this thread.

Anybody got team pictures from the 70's and 80's? I got the 1973 one today (http://wiki.fcmelbourne.com.au/1973) and more would be great.

Also looking for:

- Scans of reserves and under 19's teams

- Reserves scores/goalkickers etc.. from the 1990's

- More details on reserves/U19's players (http://wiki.fcmelbourne.com.au/Other+Players)

- Full B&F results/club award winners from plenty of years (too many to list, check on each year's page to see what is and isn't there)

- Any obscure pictures that you've got lying around or can scan

- General copywriting and updating on the profiles of newer players

- Still looking to tick off a few more reserves and U19's coaches

- More information on the fourths (http://wiki.fcmelbourne.com.au/fourths)

- Other crap you might have.

If you CBF signing up to make edits feel free to email me via [email protected]

I'm overseas till 23 March but if you PM me after that I can supply lots of old photographs for you including from MFC annual reports.

Thanks WJ I will certainly be doing that.

The match recaps for games from recent seasons could also do with some work if anyone is interested. Too much work to be done deep in the archives to look after the recent stuff.

Would actually be interested to know whether anyone can actually find what they're looking for on there.

Great work on the website Supermercado. It is very informative and accurate.

I checked up on the Grandfather (hence the Demonland name) and you have got things pretty much spot on. If our family digs anything up that we think you might be interested in then i will let you know.

Check your PM's.

Cheers

Thanks for the kind words all, hope that when you're actually pressed to find some info/cheat in an SEN quiz it's easy to find what you're looking for!

Also looking for information on the clubs the following players were drafted from;

http://wiki.fcmelbourne.com.au/Where+Are+They+From

Every player from 1974 onwards is covered. Not expecting anyone to know the early 20th century ones but here are the ones from the 50's to the 70's that I'm not sure about. Some big names in there too.

1950's

Ben Crameri (1957-1958)

Ray Hutchins (1950-1951)

Robert Johnson (1954-1961)

Dennis Jones (1956-1962)

Con OToole (1950)

Fred Webster (1955)

1960's

Bob Carroll (1961-1964)

Frank Davis (1964-1973)

Ken Emselle (1962-1969)

John Forster (1968-1970)

Alec Ingwersen (1962)

Brent Jones (1966-1971)

Terry Leahy (1966-1967) (North Albury like his brothers?)

Robert McKenzie (1969-1972)

Mark Mitchell (1969)

Ray Nilsson (1960-1963)

1970's

Peter Dilnot (1972-1973)

Laurie Queay (1972)

Stephen Kerley (1971-1974)

Ian McGuinness (1973)

Shane McSpeerin (1971-1973) (Possibly St. Kevin's Old Boys)

John Forster (1968-1970)

Wingman - played 9 games

Recruited from Tasmanian Amateurs.

I also have game stats / teams of most Rounds

from 1965 to 1970 this includes 1sts ,Reserves and U19's.

Plus other stuff, ie Fathers /Sons newspaper clip

ie Norm Smith standing behind Son Peter to name one

(nine fathers with their sons in the shot)

They are a bit fragile but still in reasonable condition for scanning

If you are interested.

Edited by Deevoted

But is that a team or a league? That's what I've never been sure about.

Can only supply that info ,I'll leave to you to do the research.

Educated guess would be a League

Of a few of the others the best I can do in a quick check

was some came through the system of our junior teams.

Cheers for that, I've exhausted all the sources like the Encyclopedia of Players. Have noticed plenty of people in there who it says were recruited from our fourths/thirds etc.. but deeper investigation elsewhere has turned out their actual junior clubs.

I live in Tasmania and have never heard of a club or league called "Tasmanian Amateurs" - either in current existence or in history, so if one existed it hasn't in the last 20 years or so. It sounds to me like it could mean "one of the Tasmanian amateur leagues but we don't know or care which one so we'll just put 'Tasmanian Amateurs'".

Edit: A bit of Wikipediaing (?) suggests that the current NTFA (see here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Tasmanian_Football_Association_(formed_1996) ) was formed a name change from the "Northern division of the Tasmanian Amateur Football League". I have no idea if there was a Southern division - again I don't think so but I think this exercise is proving that I know stuff all :-p

Edit 2: Zing! Seems there was one: http://www.fullpointsfooty.net/southern_tasmanian_football_league.htm

Most of those clubs still exist and are either part of the SFL or the Old Scholars league.

Edited by Nasher

1953 Ogilvinians

What a spectacular team name!

Named after a school. Even more spectacular when that school (Ogilvie) is now an all-girls school ;)

Looks like it could've been an all-girls team judging by the number of flags they won.

Great work on the website Supermercado. It is very informative and accurate.

I checked up on the Grandfather (hence the Demonland name) and you have got things pretty much spot on. If our family digs anything up that we think you might be interested in then i will let you know.

Check your PM's.

Cheers

Great work Superman! It's a wonderful site. So detailed. You can add my namesake to most goals on debut list. Bob McKenzie 5 v Essendon 1948

Super mercado, i'm super impressed. Had not seen the site until this thread popped up a couple of days ago. Got myself lost in following links on Demon Wiki. Ended up watching Alan jarrot winnig the Handball comp on WOS. Terrific stuff

• 10 months later...

Just loaded super-slow for me. Must make sure backups are up to date or I might be off a bridge when it all explodes.

P.S While we're here I should point out that I added a Google Search to the site that replaces the absolutely rubbish default search. If you're not exactly sure what you're searching for in the page name search you should be able to find something using the Google version.

Also thanks to ex-U19/Reserves player Lino Taglieri for sending me an email filling in the gaps of his career! http://demonwiki.org/Lino+Taglieri Any other ex-lower grade players out there are welcome to do the same. What's Keith Goonewardene up to these days?

Just loaded super-slow for me. Must make sure backups are up to date or I might be off a bridge when it all explodes.

P.S While we're here I should point out that I added a Google Search to the site that replaces the absolutely rubbish default search. If you're not exactly sure what you're searching for in the page name search you should be able to find something using the Google version.

Also thanks to ex-U19/Reserves player Lino Taglieri for sending me an email filling in the gaps of his career! http://demonwiki.org/Lino+Taglieri Any other ex-lower grade players out there are welcome to do the same. What's Keith Goonewardene up to these days?

You're a champ Supermac for putting together that site.