Our continuous injury woes!

jayceebee31

furthermore Rivers where it was reported in the Herald Sun yesterday, that this year is the first proper pre season for 5 years that he has been able to do. Sylvia had his first pre season last year ever. These are the reasons I think a review is needed.

Sorry ... since going to Casey, Rivers and Sylvia haven't been injured and are having a full pre-season, so you want a review of us using Casey? :wacko:

Dont you think the Club does that as a matter of course? Hmmm.

To answer your question- either of us will never know.

As stated earlier,I'd hope so but the pertitant thing is NOW, if not persons like you will be blaming the club for not looking into it earlier and we have another disastrous year- through injuries which maybe or maybe not reoccuring ones.One thing is for sure -all injured players will not have to travel to Casey after our new winter training track is in progress. They will do their rehab there. As an example Wonaeamirri had to travel from Braybrook this time last year, travelling with a crook knee and or hamstring,surely the travelling would not be good for him.

Edited by jayceebee31

And the penny drops...

Would all those who believe that Casey is 'just too far out' please expose themselves now.

We will call you 'The Bluey Brigade' (a nod to the pathetic waste of skin that posts on Demonology and has this view).

If you're a player that lives on the other side of the city I have a failsafe remedy to the travel problem...

Move.

To answer your question- either of us will never know.

As stated earlier,I'd hope so but the pertitant thing is NOW, if not persons like you will be blaming the club for not looking into it earlier and we have another disastrous year- through injuries which maybe or maybe not reoccuring ones.One thing is for sure -all injured players will not have to travel to Casey after our new winter training track is in progress. They will do their rehab there. As an example Wonaeamirri had to travel from Braybrook this time last year, travelling with a crook knee and or hamstring,surely the travelling would not be good for him.

I am not the one speculating and being generous with the facts.

Your call to action should be the sort of thing done by any Club in the AFL as a matter of course. Its not rocket scienc

I am not the one speculating and being generous with the facts.

Your call to action should be the sort of thing done by any Club in the AFL as a matter of course. Its not rocket scienc

It is my understanding, given by Andy, that we are encouraged to make threads, give our opinions -that is what the forum is all about. You seem to interject, query, make us qualify what our opinions are. Whilst you are a moderator, I understand, you an overseer.However, you come across as a judge whom always has the last say.Please allow us to contribute without you making us unwelcome.

It is my understanding, given by Andy, that we are encouraged to make threads, give our opinions -that is what the forum is all about. You seem to interject, query, make us qualify what our opinions are. Whilst you are a moderator, I understand, you an overseer.However, you come across as a judge whom always has the last say.Please allow us to contribute without you making us unwelcome.

And so say all of us.

travelling with a crook knee and or hamstring,surely the travelling would not be good for him.

Why is the travel bad? With a good warm up an hour or so in a car would make no difference. The players probably sit or lie around at home longer than that before training anyway.

Would all those who believe that Casey is 'just too far out' please expose themselves now.

I'm pretty close to Casey. Yesterday I drove from home to the Aquarium, fighting traffic (generally something the players don't have to do). Parked, sorted out a ticket, walked over, paid for entry and was looking at the penguins inside of 1 hour. I think it does both the players and the staff a disservice to present training at Casey as some sort of fait accompli factor in player injuries. No-one has mentioned the 1.5 hour trip to JanJuc. Yet.

Edit: deeflog - :D

Edited by Trident

A common element of forums is the ability for opinions to be given but also challenged in discussion by other posters. As far as I have seen you have been active in interjecting, challenging other posters when they post a view that does not agree with yours (even to the point of accusing a poster of blatant lying seme weeks ago!!!). Posters are welcome to give opinions but should be prepared to have that opinion agreed with, challenged and disagreed with.

If you cant accept your opinion being challenged in any way then you may want consider why you use forums such as these.

Once again RR has the last word on this aspect.

"Discussion" and "Challenge" is one thing. Condescending put downs and bagging are totally another, especially emanating from a "moderator" who constantly "interjects" and more often than not, far from constructively.

Perhaps the tenet you have just tried to apply to JCB's posts, you should apply in equal measure to yourself. Clearly, from my perspective, you don't

I'm pretty close to Casey. Yesterday I drove from home to the Aquarium, fighting traffic (generally something the players don't have to do). Parked, sorted out a ticket, walked over, paid for entry and was looking at the penguins inside of 1 hour. I think it does both the players and the staff a disservice to present training at Casey as some sort of fait accompli factor in player injuries. No-one has mentioned the 1.5 hour trip to JanJuc. Yet.

did you land your helicopter on the helipad outside the aquarium in the yarra?

"Discussion" and "Challenge" is one thing. Condescending put downs and bagging are totally another, especially emanating from a "moderator" who constantly "interjects" and more often than not, far from constructively.

Perhaps the tenet you have just tried to apply to JCB's posts, you should apply in equal measure to yourself. Clearly, from my perspective, you don't

Bloody Hell "Head to the Hills" The war is about to begin...... :lol:

Its called the right of reply Iva. Just like you have done and thanks for your interjection or was it opinion.

I merely pointed out to the poster that his philosophy that he champions does not measure well with his conduct.

Happy for you to have the last say Iva.

Onto more useful topics....

Complaints about Casey should be considered against the terrible conditions the players endured when they had to train at Trinity then drive to the run down third rate weights room at Junction Oval. If a player is struggling with a half hour drive to Casey, then its going to be a short AFL career

Your contribution to this thread Iva is???

I'm certainly no medico, but Wonna's body shape and condition has changed dramatically since his truncated first debut season. He has replaced puppy fat with body mass and muscle and this may have something to do with his overall condition adapting to his changed body shape. I trust the "experts" at the MFC are monitoring this closely, but certainly, it would appear from the outside, some modification to his program might be needed.

And to borrow a line from Paul Simon:

"Still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest".

I'm certainly no medico, but Wonna's body shape and condition has changed dramatically since his truncated first debut season. He has replaced puppy fat with body mass and muscle and this may have something to do with his overall condition adapting to his changed body shape. I trust the "experts" at the MFC are monitoring this closely, but certainly, it would appear from the outside, some modification to his program might be needed.

And to borrow a line from Paul Simon:

"Still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest".

A little melodramatic aren't we?

I don't think Wonnaemirri having less body fat or more muscle mass is an issue, but I think as a result of that he has an increased running capacity and the load he is putting on his legs is greater.

I went through a similar thing at his age. Sounds like his engine is ready for it, but the legs aren't.

Maybe they need to hold him back a bit.

I don't think Wonnaemirri having less body fat or more muscle mass is an issue, but I think as a result of that he has an increased running capacity and the load he is putting on his legs is greater.

I went through a similar thing at his age. Sounds like his engine is ready for it, but the legs aren't.

Melodramatic????????? :wacko: What you have written is precisely my point, but simply said in another way. I used the word "condition", that's all.

Or at least have a review of the situation

Sorry ... since going to Casey, Rivers and Sylvia haven't been injured and are having a full pre-season, so you want a review of us using Casey? :wacko:

I was thinking the same thing.

The fact that many guys are having their first full pre-season in a while, and that Wonna looked pretty good, suggests we're doing something right.

As for pre-season injuries, there are 40-odd players on a list. Chances are that some are going to be injured most of the time.

Melodramatic????????? :wacko: What you have written is precisely my point, but simply said in another way.

I thought the points were very similar too.

Just for your knowledge - I'm bald.

;)

RE: RR, his posts reflect his own opinions unless otherwise stated (just like any mod).

Or at least have a review of the situation

As RR has noted, I'm sure continual reviews are done throughout the course of the year and in the event of any injury.

Its just good management.

I think you are judging the club based on your expectations and limited knowledge of what would be done running an AFL club.

Melodramatic????????? :wacko: What you have written is precisely my point, but simply said in another way. I used the word "condition", that's all.

No you're right for the most part on Wonna.

Its all the other crap that makes you melodramatic.

Leave it.

As RR has noted, I'm sure continual reviews are done throughout the course of the year and in the event of any injury.

Its just good management.

I think you are judging the club based on your expectations and limited knowledge of what would be done running an AFL club.

Agreed, but we can only offer our opinion based on "limited" knowledge, unless we are in the inner sanctum. Recurring hammys are a problem and on face value, some modification of his program may be warranted.

Edited by iv'a worn smith