• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Mitch Thorp

Dr Jekyl & Mr Hyde

I want Thorp for one simple reason.

He WANTS to play for the MFC.

All we ever do is [censored] and moan about all these players who don't come to us, and that nobody respects Melbourne.

But this guy has actually said he wants to be picked up by Melbourne in the PSD.

For anyone who has seen him play his natural talent is undeniable. Injuries were his problem, see if he can stay fit through to December and pick him up.

He WANTS to be here, that is what we have all wanted so many players to say.

Watts, Jurrah, Thorp.......

Maybe he wants to play for the Dee's because he's heard (correctly) that the best looking birds follow us :lol: .

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats the problem. Its been nothing but injury and attitude..

He's done nothing, been injured the whole time and has a nasty side

Why the hell would he be welcomed at MFC? Makes me wonder why were scraping the bottom of the barrel.

If we pick him up, Id be more than bemused.

Your logic is bemusing, a 20 year old #6 pick from a draft 3 years ago is far from "scraping the bottom of the barrel". He has had pretty much the same story/impact as the #2 pick from the same draft in Scott Gumbleton (also a key position forward). Only difference is Gumbleton hasn't been delisted. Dumping on a player you've never seen play fully fit at AFL level is ignorant, the kid has a lot of potential and he's hopefully gone through the bulk of injury days on Hawthorn's list and is willing to do everything he can to prove why he was rated so highly in 2006. And we are his club of choice. Why the hell not give him another chance?

Edited by Deez Nutz

Guest hangon007
Your logic is bemusing, a 20 year old #6 pick from a draft 3 years ago is far from "scraping the bottom of the barrel". He has had pretty much the same story/impact as the #2 pick from the same draft in Scott Gumbleton (also a key position forward). Only difference is Gumbleton hasn't been delisted. Dumping on a player you've never seen play fully fit at AFL level is ignorant, the kid has a lot of potential and he's hopefully gone through the bulk of injury days on Hawthorn's list and is willing to do everything he can to prove why he was rated so highly in 2006. And we are his club of choice. Why the hell not give him another chance?

Think a few people might have a legitimate concern we are not being "takin for a ride here" ...

Mitch Thorp Is

a/ not on the Hawthorn list for a reason b/ not training at another club for a reason

Personally I for one hope Mitch proves them all wrong ... could not get better motivation IMHO

I would love to see him star in a Demons jumper ... again only time will tell.

He's not on the list because he can't compete with Buddy and Roughy, but St Kilda demonstrated this year, than top picks can still become top players once they settle in.

Consider Sylvia didn't have his break out year until this year.

It could just be a matter of having the right pre-season.

Thats the problem. Its been nothing but injury and attitude..

He's done nothing, been injured the whole time and has a nasty side

Why the hell would he be welcomed at MFC? Makes me wonder why were scraping the bottom of the barrel.

If we pick him up, Id be more than bemused.

You pretty much just described Col Sylvia before he grew a brain and pulled his finger out.

What an' the hell happened to Majac Daw?!!!!

You've given him the flick! Heavens above. :blink:

We still have Jamar on our list. So Majak isnt so much a priority now. I prefer Liam Patrick at Pick 34. However, if Majak Daw is still there at Pick 50. He would have to be considered along with Dylan Grimes. Roos, Dogs or Bombers are more likely though I would think.

Jamar is only contracted for 1 year? Whats going on there? Pick 9 was there for the taking I would have thought.

Edited by Dee tention

We still have Jamar on our list. So Majak isnt so much a priority now. I prefer Liam Patrick at Pick 34. However, if Majak Daw is still there at Pick 50. He would have to be considered along with Dylan Grimes. Roos, Dogs or Bombers are more likely though I would think.

Jamar is only contracted for 1 year? Whats going on there? Pick 9 was there for the taking I would have thought.

So you now prefer Liam Patrick over Daw. By the way, just out of interest, have you seen vision of Patrick ?

I know you've seen You Tube highlights of Daw. It's been well documented.

But what happens if you learn the name of another smoky and happen to find 20 seconds of him on youtube?

It will throw out your wish list entirely!

Here's one for you - Sam Reid.

does anyone know if Thorp has nominated for the National Draft? or is he waiting for the PSD? it would suit us if he waited for the PSD wouldn't it, especially if we're interested in Ball...

I remember seeing somewhere he can only nominate for the PSD, something to do with his contract. I think Bradshaw is in the same boat.

So you now prefer Liam Patrick over Daw. By the way, just out of interest, have you seen vision of Patrick ?

I know you've seen You Tube highlights of Daw. It's been well documented.

No I hav'nt seen any vision of Patrick. But by all reports he has more than enough X-factor to take with Pick 34. He has turned games and provides spark to the side.

My reasoning behind picking a Daw or Patrick is there X-factor and excitment. They have the potential to be anything!

Two Liam's is better than one! And hey! They are cousin's... I would like too see him in Demon jumper rather than a Hawk. Everybody loves indigenous talent. I think we should add another to our list.

Can you imagine walking to the MCG for the debut of the Cuz double act? The AFL will have the Demons on Prime time before we know it.

Pick 34 should be used on an exciting player with plenty of upside and x-factor! Patrick suits us and we suit him.

No I hav'nt seen any vision of Patrick. But by all reports he has more than enough X-factor to take with Pick 34. He has turned games and provides spark to the side.

My reasoning behind picking a Daw or Patrick is there X-factor and excitment. They have the potential to be anything!

Two Liam's is better than one! And hey! They are cousin's... I would like too see him in Demon jumper rather than a Hawk. Everybody loves indigenous talent. I think we should add another to our list.

Can you imagine walking to the MCG for the debut of the Cuz double act? The AFL will have the Demons on Prime time before we know it.

Pick 34 should be used on an exciting player with plenty of upside and x-factor! Patrick suits us and we suit him.

You are aware he is 185cms.

Why is it that so many people here are talking about Majak Daw as a ruck prospect? The guy's 193cm tall. That's just not ruck material. He's a good prospect as a KPF, with huge potential (and also a fair chance of being a total dud), but he'll never be a ruck.

Regarding Mitch Thorp and the multitude of negative comments being made about his character, I have just one thing to say. If he plays a few blinders at the start of next season for us, how many of you will suddenly be on his bandwagon?

The vast majority of us have never met the guy and I doubt anyone here knows the reasons he left the Hawks, so I say give the guy a chance and see what he does with it. If we pick him up in the PSD I'll be cheering him on and hoping he becomes a star. I would think most of you would do the same.

Why is it that so many people here are talking about Majak Daw as a ruck prospect? The guy's 193cm tall. That's just not ruck material. He's a good prospect as a KPF, with huge potential (and also a fair chance of being a total dud), but he'll never be a ruck.

Regarding Mitch Thorp and the multitude of negative comments being made about his character, I have just one thing to say. If he plays a few blinders at the start of next season for us, how many of you will suddenly be on his bandwagon?

The vast majority of us have never met the guy and I doubt anyone here knows the reasons he left the Hawks, so I say give the guy a chance and see what he does with it. If we pick him up in the PSD I'll be cheering him on and hoping he becomes a star. I would think most of you would do the same.

Majak may only be 193cm but without sounding like i know a great deal about him looks to have a pretty fare leap and that seems to be a trend in the modern day ruckman aka Patty Ryder who can alos play KPP.

As for Thorpe i tend too agree with u there and i have full faith that people within the professional MFC sanctum will do there pre exam fitness and phsyc tests if deemed all clear i am all for him who would surely like to proove the footy world wrong and repay the dees

Has anyone wondered why Richmond has shown no interest in Mitch Thorpe despite Hardwick's obvious intimate knowledge of Thorpe. Is there something they know that we don't!

Has anyone wondered why Richmond has shown no interest in Mitch Thorpe despite Hardwick's obvious intimate knowledge of Thorpe. Is there something they know that we don't!

They already have Cousins, Polak and a cast of other problems.

They could still draft him. They have enough picks to fill.

Your logic is bemusing, a 20 year old #6 pick from a draft 3 years ago is far from "scraping the bottom of the barrel".

He's done nothing in 3 yrs,.. Nothing to speak of

Think a few people might have a legitimate concern we are not being "takin for a ride here" ...

Mitch Thorp Is

a/ not on the Hawthorn list for a reason b/ not training at another club for a reason

More reasons..

You pretty much just described Col Sylvia before he grew a brain and pulled his finger out.

No, Col Slyvia had done something in his 1st 3 yrs to warrant being kept around.. A lot more than Thorp, who hasn't and therefore is without a club.

No comparison..

BTW- Can we refrain from using the 'He didn't get his chance because of Buddy and Roughie' bs excuse?

You Excel and improve more so around those sort of players than you will playing alongside our kids.

Thats cool! He makes up with it with his leap. He has played ruck for the Wanderers.

At 185cm he is not even remotely close to being tall enough for AFL ruck duties. Jeff White, who was considered to be neutered as a ruckman with the introduction of the circle, was 194cm. And his leap was as good as anyone's.