Bradshaw quits

jacey

That Bugger always plays well against us.

Would love him at Full Forward for 2-3 years to help teach our young guys.

Bradshaw played under Brown sure, but he is a class act, & our frward line is very young now.

sure worth a thought.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit old for the MFC. As has been previously mentioned, would be contradictory to delist Robbo only to pick up Bradshaw.

kids need leaders so i will be interested who is going to do that next year & beyond.

A player like Bradshaw would be a superb Mentor. Did he play in all 3 Flags???

I don't quite understand what he's playing at here. He rejected a 'good' offer from Carlton, and has now said he is not going back to Brisbane because he's upset at being hawked around. He had an opportunity for an out to a club that will be pushing for a flag, didn't take it, and is now quitting the club he's at, at 30, so he can 'test the market'.

I don't get it, and he could very well leave himself high and dry.

not sure this is all that correct in that he rjected the carlton offer. he was apart of the rishcelli deal which fell over because of rischacelli... yeahs i dunno how to spell his name

He missed 1 due to injury

Thats still 2 Flags & 1 loss. His knowledge would be invaluable to our young forwards.

Bradshaw is a far superior player than Robbo, no disrespect but its true.

I would definately be speaking to him if he is available.

With young talent you need a BALANCE with old heads. A Leader.

I don't quite understand what he's playing at here. He rejected a 'good' offer from Carlton, and has now said he is not going back to Brisbane because he's upset at being hawked around. He had an opportunity for an out to a club that will be pushing for a flag, didn't take it, and is now quitting the club he's at, at 30, so he can 'test the market'.

Try this:

1. Out of the blue, he is offered up as trade meat; a 2 time premiership player
  2. He gets offered a bag of $s
  3. Deal falls through
  4. Goes back to Lions. WTF. What are you doing? Do you know how to run a club?
  5. Answers himself: NO
  6. Decides to see who else is interested.
  7. Has been making over $300K-$400K for quite a few years: financially secure
  8. Other clubs are quite interested; maybe as a coach?
  9. Says: I will not take the treatment offered by Lions/Voss
  10. Lets see?

Maybe he's just drawn a line in the sand? Someone who will not take sh*t. :)

IMO, Voss since becoming a coach has been a pompous [censored]. Full of his own import. Maybe he has just shot himself in the foot.

Depending on discussions, and what he wants to do, I would have him in a heart beat. A skilled power forward/back would make Miller 2nd forward with less attention etc. And he could show our new forwards how to go about it.

May well be a better get than ball.

BUT, IT ALL DEPENDS ON WHETHER THEY WANT TO COME TO THE CLUB!

And remember, we are still $500K short of the SC minimum.

If neither Jesse Smith, Luke Ball or Joel McDonald are around in the pre season draft, that makes Bradshaw the only player of quality in the pre-season draft. Surely the Dees pick him up!!! If we go for an 18 year old, we're essentially getting approx the 75th player in a very weak draft. There will be no Liam Jurrah fairy tales again!

Melbourne must roll the dice, take a risk, start winning games and get some A grade quality on board, even if it's just for 2 years.

People say that only clubs in a premieship window should trade/draft for short term solutions. I'd argue that we need that short term solution to start winning games on a regular basis, climb up the ladder, increase membership and gain back respect so we can attract the luke Balls' of the future.

Bailey doesn't want to finish bottom next year. Bradshaw is your answer!

Edited by Bring-Back-Powell

Id say if Bradshaw made his way to Carlton ..

Carlton have got the better end of the deal.

Pick #12 + Henderson + Bradshaw vs Fevola + Pick #27

... especially now that the AFL have publicly stated that Fevola will face a lengthy ban if the sexual assault claims against him are proven and he is found guilty.

Poor Brisbane.

Poor Brisbane.

poor Brisbane ??? :lol::lol::lol:

Stupid Brisbane... what ..they didnt bother to find out exactly what happened..even when it was all but plastered over the net. No one thought to ask the AFL ?? :rolleyes:

Being so massively hasty to get Fev...they forgot to engage their brains. Fancy allowing this to occur with Bradshaw.

poor Brisbane ?? DUMB BRISBANE !! :huh:

I would prefer Buckley on the list to Bradshaw.

In terms of Season 2010, I certainly would prefer Bradshaw to Buckley. But if we were to take Bradshaw, he won't be on our list when we are good enough to win a flag.

I would doubt that he wouldn't be made an offer from someone, somewhere. He'll be playing in 2010 for sure.

If neither Jesse Smith, Luke Ball or Joel McDonald are around in the pre season draft, that makes Bradshaw the only player of quality in the pre-season draft. Surely the Dees pick him up!!! If we go for an 18 year old, we're essentially getting approx the 75th player in a very weak draft. There will be no Liam Jurrah fairy tales again!

Melbourne must roll the dice, take a risk, start winning games and get some A grade quality on board, even if it's just for 2 years.

People say that only clubs in a premieship window should trade/draft for short term solutions. I'd argue that we need that short term solution to start winning games on a regular basis, climb up the ladder, increase membership and gain back respect so we can attract the luke Balls' of the future.

There's some merit to this idea, but I reckon Bailey and co. aren't interested in bringing people of Bradshaw's age into the club. Given the choice between us and Carlton or Sydney, I doubt he'd choose us anyway. Which means we'd be taking someone who doesn't want to play for us.

Sorry Bradshaw doesn't answer those questions at all. Try again.

theres a difference between bradshaw and robbo, read the main paper in tasmania, robbo has been slagging the demons off in that paper, Bradshaws twice the player robbo is, and by the way, robbo hits the ground everytime he goes for the ball.

Robbo hasn't slagged off Melbourne as he understands the path their taking just disagrees with it. I wouldn't say he is twice the player of Robbo, maybe marginally better. Anyway Bradshaw is a year older, we won't get him

Bradshaw wasn't in the Fev deal but he left knowing he'd be playing a lot down back next year,so he left as a result of the Fev deal and Lions offered him 2 years and Blues offered him 3.

So Vosssy would have to be fuming after paying pick 12,Henderson and Bradshaw for Fevola who won't get his usual supply with half the feed going to Jono Brown.

Guest delicious jurrah coffee
Robbo hasn't slagged off Melbourne as he understands the path their taking just disagrees with it. I wouldn't say he is twice the player of Robbo, maybe marginally better. Anyway Bradshaw is a year older, we won't get him

read the main tassie paper, i read it 3weeks ago and i can tell you rite now, he was slagging of the MFC, hes done it since he left, i would take bradshaw in a final any day before a poser that falls over everytime he goes near the footy.

If a 23 year old and 2 25 year olds don't want to go to go to Melbourne in the PSD what makes you think that a 30 year old would? I don't understand why Bradshaw still wasn't part of the Fevola deal if he wanted to go there unless Carlton has done a shifty (what's new). I think the Swans have made a big play for him.

My point is that he may not want to go there.

What I don't understand is if he was unhappy about being shopped around to other clubs, why would he wait until the end of trade week and then leave for another club?

If he was unhappy about being shopped around, why would he want to then leave the club?

A rat is being smelt by myself.