Ball for Melbourne in the PSD?

mikeod

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next year we will pretty much have the equal of any team in terms of facilities with the move into the new rectangular stadium.

We will see if that makes an impact.

Reported on SEN that Luke Ball has requested a trade to Collingwood.

Interesting. This trade week is shaping up as the biggest ever.

Geez how's he going to get there? Especially if they have to use Pick 14 for Jolly. Can't see this happening.

Hmm, interesting. This contradicts an article I read yesterday, that suggested he would make a move for Essendon, as he's friends with Jobe Watson.

I was hoping we could secure Luke Ball, if this is true then we are out of the race as the dees have stated they will not be trading pick 18, meaning pick 34 would be the only pick we could use to get ball (which was a far fetch anyway)

Seems to be a busy trade week, I was hoping a quality player would slip into the PSD seeing as though we did not gain a top established player in last years PSD.

If Collingwood can secure Ball and Jolly, they will be a dangerous outfit next season. With some luck I would like to see Ball make it to the dees, he is a player that could help develop younger kids at the club.

I was hoping we could secure Luke Ball, if this is true then we are out of the race as the dees have stated they will not be trading pick 18, meaning pick 34 would be the only pick we could use to get ball (which was a far fetch anyway)

Seems to be a busy trade week, I was hoping a quality player would slip into the PSD seeing as though we did not gain a top established player in last years PSD.

If Collingwood can secure Ball and Jolly, they will be a dangerous outfit next season. With some luck I would like to see Ball make it to the dees, he is a player that could help develop younger kids at the club.

Jurrah wasn't good enough for you?

Luke Ball is similar to Brock Maclean in many ways. Highly rated juniors taken early in the draft, performed well early in career, earned a big dollar contract on back of good early form, then struck down by chronic injury problems and could not recapture previous form, game role diminished due to drop off in form, new contract offer includes pay cut to reflect diminished abilities, gets annoyed by cut in contract, rival club gambles they can get body right and offers mega buck contract, player is swayed by bigger contract and promise of more game time in mid field

For mine Ball is less likely to recover his form than Brock. Watching him run or kick, it just seems that he has never recovered from OP, seems to have no power through the core. Reputed to have been on $600,000 a year at Saints after coming out of contract after his stellar 2006? season. For mine these days he would be a $250-300,000 player at best.

Avoid!

Good news for the Saints and bad news for the Maggis for mine.

Well it seems that Luke Ball is fed up with his treatment at St. Kilda and wants to head over to the "filth" aka Collingwood.

Here is the link to the article: http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tab...63/default.aspx

Perhaps if that deal falls through the Demons could look at picking up Luke Ball with our number 1# in the Pre-Season Draft?

Anyways, it will be interesting to see what happens.

St Kilda is dreaming if they think they can get much for him they basically destroyed his value by dropping him

and I reckon on Ball's behalf he wont be too interested in what St Kilda gets they have shredded any loyalty he would of

had for them. I don't see Collingwood getting him I still think collingwood is gonna make a big play for Fev.

I rate Luke Ball highly and he would complement our outside mids greatly but I think he'll seek a top 4-6 team

in search of a premiership. It would be a terrific coup for MFC to get him in the PSD.

He'll probably ask for a fair bit of cash too but I wouldn't pay more than 400,000 for him.

Geez how's he going to get there? Especially if they have to use Pick 14 for Jolly. Can't see this happening.

Maybe straight swap with Fraser?

It doesn't make a lot of sense that we pick up Ball, considering more than likely we actually got rid of McLean. Ball is probably the better player, but they're both as slow as each other. We would just be adding another slow mid, that said, we'd get him for free and have gained pick 11.

St Kilda is dreaming if they think they can get much for him they basically destroyed his value by dropping him

and I reckon on Ball's behalf he wont be too interested in what St Kilda gets they have shredded any loyalty he would of

had for them. I don't see Collingwood getting him I still think collingwood is gonna make a big play for Fev.

I rate Luke Ball highly and he would complement our outside mids greatly but I think he'll seek a top 4-6 team

in search of a premiership. It would be a terrific coup for MFC to get him in the PSD.

He'll probably ask for a fair bit of cash too but I wouldn't pay more than 400,000 for him.

Thumbs up

And to add to the Collingwood movement, Davis may be headed to the Eagles.

Some sides are going to be unrecognisable.

Well. Maybe I'm overdoing it, but it's certainly going to be a weird season. Last 16 club season, Last one before the draft, MUCH less tanking (no point).

And to add to the Collingwood movement, Davis may be headed to the Eagles.

Some sides are going to be unrecognisable.

Well. Maybe I'm overdoing it, but it's certainly going to be a weird season. Last 16 club season, Last one before the draft, MUCH less tanking (no point).

Feasible trades would be:

14 to St.Kilda for Ball

Ball to Collingwood for 14

Davis + 38 to Eagles for 7

7 to Sydney for Jolly + 38

Jolly to Collingwood for Davis

This would free 7 for the Fevola trade:

Fev to Sydney for 7

7 to Carlton for Fev

Nett:

WC +Davis+38-7

Collingwood +Jolly+Ball-Davis-14

Sydney +Fevola-Jolly-38

Carlton +7-Fevola

Sydney have 28 from the Buchanan deal so you can substitute that for 38 if you like.

[censored] could get done but clubs are focussed on trying to gain too much advantage rather than win-win

Edited by old55

14 to St.Kilda for Ball

Fev to Sydney for 7

7 to Carlton for Fev

Nett:

WC +Davis+38-7

Sydney +Fevola-Jolly-38

Carlton +7-Fevola

Sydney have 28 from the Buchanan deal so you can substitute that for 38 if you like.

[censored] could get done but clubs are focussed on trying to gain too much advantage rather than win-win

thats not bad.

if that comes off or something close to it, a fat cigar coming your way.

14 to St.Kilda for Ball

Fev to Sydney for 7

7 to Carlton for Fev

Nett:

WC +Davis+38-7

Sydney +Fevola-Jolly-38

Carlton +7-Fevola

Wow! That's like a Julius Sumner Miller Physics equation!! & we are still only at the end of Day 2!! :lol: