Be Barry Prendergast for a day!

Dee tention

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trade

miller + valenti + pk 50 => sydney for pk 38

Allows miller and valenti to continue their AFL careers whilst freeing up some space on the melbourne list.

In regards to the port trio of pearce, salopek and boak, i dont think it would happen but i would offer,

Jamar and 18 for Boak

18 for Salopek

34 and Jamar for Pearce

Jamar to stay, IMO he is just fishing for a better contract.

Bruce onto the veterens list

Delist

Robbo, Wheatley, Whelan retire

Hughes, Zomer delist from rookie list

Not sure about contract situation but from the main list delist:

Bartram- lot of heart but poor skills

Bell-traded to port for a late pk which we wont use

This gives us pks 1,2,18,34,38,PSD1, 3 rookies, and a promotion to Spencer

1.) Tom Scully- enough has been said.

2.) Morabito- tall game breaking midfielder with pace, good evasion and decent kicking skills (dual sided). Just the type of player we need, real star quality.

18.) Ben Griffiths- tall pack marking forward, has a thumping right foot kick and could be just the big pack-splitting forward we need to compliment Watts in the future.

34.),38.) Take another KPF forward here and midfielder with pace, maybe colyer and aaron black combo here.

Of course if there is a slider to any of these picks the best available should be taken.

Some more talent from the NT at PSD 1 unless we can convince pearce, salopek or boak to jump into the PSD for some cash.

Rookies- get a ruckman, Dylan Grimes and Daw

So we get two very good mids who i think will compliment each other nicely, a big KPF to play alongside watts, and then some depth in the ruck and up forward which we need. Another pacey mid, Jacks brother, Daw who has alot of potential, and PSD 1 which going on current form (martin and Jurrah) could be damn good.

Trade: Miller and pick 34 to Sydney for pick 22

Trade: Newton to Richmond for pick 83

Trade: Bell to Port for pick 72

Draft:

#1 Tom Scully

#2 John Butcher

#18 Lewis Jetta

#22 Ben Griffiths

#50 Best available (mid or defender)

#66 Pass (promote Spencer)

PSD #1 Best available

Outs:

Wheatley

Whelan

Robertson

Bell

Newton

Miller

Bail/Meesen/McNamara/Bartram (delist)

Ins:

Scully

Butcher

Jetta

Griffiths

(pick 50)

(pick 1 PSD)

Spencer

Rookies:

Delist - Hughes, Zomer, Valenti

Promote - Spencer

Keep - McKenzie, Healey

Therefore four picks at rookie draft

That would be my ideal situation :)

Keep in mind that if we delist/trade one player, we will need to pick up a similar player in the draft;

i.e. if we delist two KPFs we will need to pick up two KPFs. Which is why I have Butcher and Griffiths in for Newton and Miller.

We may also need to draft a small/medium defender to cover for Whelan and Bell in this situation.

Edited by Stop: Jurrahtime

Delist / Retire

Robertson

Whelan

Wheatley

Bell

Bartram

Trades

Warnock and Pick 18 -> Hawthorn

Pick 9 -> Melbourne

Miller and Pick 34 -> Sydney

Pick 22 -> Melbourne

Rookie Promotion

Valenti

Drafting

Pick 1 - Scully

Pick 2 - Butcher/Trengove

Pick 9 - Best Mid/Best Tall

Pick 22 - Best available? Jetta perhaps? Hard to say.

Pick 50 - Speculative

PSD 1 - Likely to be recycled player this year I think

Little concerning losing 2 of the biggest bodies on the list in Miller and Warnock, but these are 2 realistic trades I could see happening...

Please note that I am firmly in the Trengove camp in relation to the Trengove/Butcher debate. However if the following occured prior to the draft I would be firmly in the Butcher camp.

TRADE WEEK

TRADE 1 (3 WAY)

Melbourne give: Warnock, Pick 18 to Hawthorn

Hawthorn give: Pick 9 to Port Adelaide

Port Adelaide give: Travis Boak to Melbourne

TRADE 2

Melbourne give: Brad Miller to Sydney

Sydney give: Pick 22 to Melbourne

DRAFT DAY

Melbourne hold picks 1, 2, 22, 34, 50, 66

Pick 1 - Tom Scully

Pick 2 - John Butcher

Picks 22, 34, 50 - Best available

OUTS

Robertson (Delist)

Wheatley (Delist)

Johnson (Delist)

Warnock (Trade)

Miller (Trade)

Whelan (Retire)

Pick 18

INS

Travis Boak

Tom Scully

John Butcher

Pick 22

Pick 34

Pick 50

PSD Pick 1

Edited by Deemissioner

Why would we draft another key back?

Can go forward also. Plus he would provide cover. Look at what happened with all of Hawthorn's key defenders this year, always good idea to have someone extra to call upon.

I might be wrong if the rule has been changed, but I thought any draft pick received from a trade had to be used.

I thought that also but when Geelong traded King to St. Kilda for pick 90 or whatever it was the Saints didn't use that pick. I assume the rules must have been changed to try and encourage more trading?

TRADE WEEK

TRADE 1 (3 WAY)

Melbourne give: Warnock, Pick 18 to Hawthorn

Hawthorn give: Pick 9 to Port Adelaide

Port Adelaide give: Travis Boak to Melbourne

TRADE 2

Melbourne give: Brad Miller to Sydney

Sydney give: Pick 22 to Melbourne

DRAFT DAY

Melbourne hold picks 1, 2, 22, 34, 50, 66

Pick 1 - Tom Scully

Pick 2 - John Butcher

Picks 22, 34, 50 - Best available

OUTS

Robertson (Delist)

Wheatley (Delist)

Johnson (Delist)

Warnock (Trade)

Miller (Trade)

Whelan (Retire)

Pick 18

INS

Travis Boak

Tom Scully

John Butcher

Pick 22

Pick 34

Pick 50

PSD Pick 1

Pick 18 and Warnock for Boak? Hmmmm I'll pass.

ATM your scenario has left 39 (one too many) players on our primary list (not including Bruce/Macca on veterans). Pick 18 was never part of our list, so it can't be an "out". Also if you delist Johnson you would have to promote Spencer. So really in that scenario you'd have to find an extra two players to delist.

TRADE WEEK

Miller to Bulldogs for Pick 31.

Valenti & pick 50 to Swans for pick 38.

Bell to Port for Pick 40.

DRAFT DAY Picks 1, 2, 18, 31, 34, 38, 40, 50

1. Scully

2. Trengove/Martin,Morabito

18. Carlisle/Griffiths/McDonald/Vardy

31. Colyer.

34. D Grimes.

38 Majak Daw.

40. J Craig.

50. C Sargeant

PS: Edit (Delist & trade out for nothing picks. - in trouble

Newton / PJohnson / S Buckley / T McNamara).

Edited by dee-luded

TRADE WEEK

Valenti to Swans for pick 38.

1. Scully

31. Colyer.

34. D Grimes.

38 Majak Daw.

40. J Craig.

50. C Sargeant

where are you getting 8 spots on our list from?

TRADE WEEK

Valenti to Swans for pick 38.

1. Scully

31. Colyer.

34. D Grimes.

38 Majak Daw.

40. J Craig.

50. C Sargeant

Where is your delistings?

Very easy...on the basis that the Bulldogs won't get to the Grand Final

Miller to Sydney for Barry Hall and Pick 38

Hall and Pick 34 to the Bulldogs for Pick 15

Also Bell to Port for Justin Westhoff ( or Danyule Pearce). I'd love Boak but I can't imagine them letting him go

There is no way I'd trade Jarad Rivers.Don't forget it was touch and go whether he'd play this year He'll be better next year with a season and pre-season behind him

Guest hangon007
Very easy...on the basis that the Bulldogs won't get to the Grand Final

Miller to Sydney for Barry Hall and Pick 38

Hall and Pick 34 to the Bulldogs for Pick 15

Also Bell to Port for Justin Westhoff ( or Danyule Pearce). I'd love Boak but I can't imagine them letting him go

There is no way I'd trade Jarad Rivers.Don't forget it was touch and go whether he'd play this year He'll be better next year with a season and pre-season behind him

:lol: :lol: No No No - More crazy talk.

At the risk of sounding like Captain Obvious - "Serious injury ( and its effect on confidence etc) which he has now overcome"

How do you know he is over it with such a chequered fitness history beyond "you hope"? Not a strong argument to suggest not trading him.

Would Barry Prendergast honestly take our opinions seriously?

Most people are posting their opinions based on the u18 championship games on Foxtel, what they have watched on TAC Cup future stars and what they have read on the internet, so the answer to your question is no.

With out going into delistings, I would assume we will have 7 spots to fill

Trade Week

We have 2 targets Boak or Dangerfield, pick 2 is on the table but Adl or Port must give us their first round pick.

I don't really think we have any player to off load, the ones we want to keep are the ones other clubs want, not our bottom tier players.

Port may look at this trade to get Trengove which I'm happy for them to have if we get Boak and pick 8.

National Draft

1. Scully

8. Best Key Forward available

18. Key Forwader

34. Small Defender

50. Monster Project Ruck 200cm+

PSD

1. Pearce(Port Adl)

If we come away with that, I don't know enough about the kids to name players, I would be rapt

It will add 3 midfielders Scully, Boak, Pearce

2 Key Forwards, important to get 2 incase one doesn't develope

1 small defender

1 ruck

where are you getting 8 spots on our list from?

I seriously think that the Doggies are not Physical enough for finals footy.

I think they'll realise if they don't allready, they need some physicality on the park.

IMO they should get a 32 Yr old Hall for a player swap or trade of a 4th Rnd pick.

Brad Miller 127 games 26yrs 2 mnths 7/6/1983 194cms 96 kgs

A mature support player, I think a combo of Hall & Miller could be beneficial to the doggies for their next 2 years.

I think they'd consider Miller for their 2rd Rnd pick (31).

They still need a hard nut defender as well.

I think they'll be in a hurry to top up their list for next year.

Edited by dee-luded