EVERY MOVE YOU MAKE

Demonland

We are the worst side in the comp and we are not 'tanking' nearly as much this game. BUT we are also missing at least 9 players that would be starting 18 if not in the 22.

In no particular order:

Jurrah

green

warnock

rivers

mclean

garland

wonnamaerri

bennell

jamar

and we could also consider

maric

watts

blease

meesen

mckensie

strauss

and that is not counting whelan, wheatley, bell and robbo.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't see the game. If you support Carlton you support, or turn a blind eye to, cheating. It is in the fabric of the club.

Gee Tom Scully & other potential draftees must be watching the Dees & thinking 'can't wait to play for that club! Kicking backwards, missing targets, missing goals'.

It's all v. depressing.

Doesn't look like it has affected Murphy, Gibbs and Kruezer too much. Murphy didn't have to go to the Blues if he didn't want to, and Judd had a choice as well.

Every team that finishes on the bottom looks bad.

Scully will be loving that we are tanking so he doesnn't end up at Freo.

This is such a sad post, but reflective of everyone at this club's current attitude. We want to lose. We think one player taken at the top of the draft will save us. We are playing kids who are learning that 'near enough is good enough' attitude is what is done at this club.

I am not part of the neo-tank faction at this club. It sickens me. It sickened me when Carlton did it and I have zero respect for them. This club is now losing my respect and any grain of respect any opposition supporter had left for us.

Its tragic.

It's not about getting only one kid, it's about getting the two best kids in the draft and having the first pick in the psd. It's laughable how many times this has to be explained.

Finishing 16th last year gave us Watts and Jurrah with a bonus pick in Strauss. What sickens me is people like you who have taken this quasi high morale stance but will almost certainly cheer for the likes of Watts, Jurrah, Scully etc in the future when they're dominating.

Edit: How funny is it seeing people trying to spell Wonaeamirri? They had Moloney on 'before the game' and they asked him if he could, he failed dismally as well. (I cheated ;) )

Edited by Jarka

With regards to the PP situation, one thing must not be forgotten.

This is the last proper draft for the next five or so years before the Gold Coast and West Sydney/Tasmania come in.

Even if you don't like the idea of losing and picking up draft picks, you need to understand that after this season getting first hands on the best young talent will be very difficult for all teams and Melbourne need to make the most of it while they can.

Edited by Clint Bizkit

Doesn't look like it has affected Murphy, Gibbs and Kruezer too much. Murphy didn't have to go to the Blues if he didn't want to, and Judd had a choice as well.

Every team that finishes on the bottom looks bad.

Scully will be loving that we are tanking so he doesnn't end up at Freo.

Judd chose money.

I can cop being on the bottom of the ladder but the way they are being coached is shameful.

We are the worst side in the comp and we are not 'tanking' nearly as much this game. BUT we are also missing at least 9 players that would be starting 18 if not in the 22.

In no particular order:

Jurrah going to be good, granted

green nearing the end unfortunately

warnock workmanlike defender

rivers very important granted

mclean plodder midfielder will never be the star promised

garland see warnock, nothing spesh

wonnamaerri an OK crumber who is yet to prove he will go the distance

bennell first year player and questionable whther will make it

jamar good tap ruckman, important becuase we have noone else

and we could also consider

maric

watts

blease

meesen spud

mckensie

strauss

and that is not counting whelan, wheatley, bell and robbo. none have relevance to our future

With regards to the PP situation, one thing must not be forgotten.

This is the last proper draft for the next five or so years before the Gold Coast and West Sydney/Tasmania come in.

Even if you don't like the idea of losing and picking up draft picks, you need to understand that after this season getting first hands on the best young talent will be very difficult for all teams and Melbourne need to make the most of it while they can.

Spot on CB

So many pressing the panic button... Hilarious!

We were in full tank mode today and the players who are part of the future all had decent games today despite of circumstances.

Time to take a deep breath and relax. The plan is coming together beautifully.

We were in full tank mode today and the players who are part of the future all had decent games today despite of circumstances.

Jaded speaks the truth, everyone needs to have a nice cup of tea and relax.

The amazing thing is people actually believe that.

I wish I could be so ignorant. Its as if the other clubs dont exist having sat on the bottom so long it will be our right to eventally be up the top.

Not from what I see. Not by a long shot.

Edited by Anders

i dont think so..

we should hit the panic button coz we are crap..

the way we are going we will be in contention for PP next year too

Today's result is great, i can relax. We now Plan Draft Day & Pre season 2010

Bailey's true job starts now.

EVERYBODY ELAX-The Last uncompromised Draft awaits us.

Fine, I'll relax. I'll just accept that taking poundings is what we do. I could get used to it eventaully. All this time I was letting it get to me, when all I had to do was accept mediocrity. :)

I wish I could be so ignorant. Its as if the other clubs dont exist having sat on the bottom so long it will be our right to eventally be up the top.

Malthouse likes to carry on about a winning culture, but go and check how many games they lost in a row at the end of the season that secured them Pendles and Thomas.

Hawthorn looked horrible about 5 years ago, but managed to win a flag last year.

Richmond are about the only team to have continued to suck it up due to poor drafting.

Name one club since Essendon won the GF in 2000 who didn't pick up extra players other than by the normal draft pick rules.

Fine, I'll relax. I'll just accept that taking poundings is what we do. I could get used to it eventaully. All this time I was letting it get to me, when all I had to do was accept mediocrity. :)

Ten years of Daniher and Craig Cameron, now that's accepting mediocrity

OMG....OMG !!! the sky is falling..the sky is falling.. we are rubbish.. we are crap.. we wont ever ever win again.. .. hilarious stuff :lol:

North needed a win...wanted to win. Dees couldnt afford to win and didnt win..

its about as simple at that you numbskulls ( that being those that simply cant see forrrests for trees !! )

Get over it.. 09 is a dead rubber...looks like we might have just shored up Scully. need to shore up pick 2 now...then we can get down and serious.

Kiddies..its all play acting.. this isnt real MFC footy you realise ;)

It needs to all be viewed in the perspective of the greater picture of the greater good for the Dees.

Kudos to bailey...surely a starter with Mensa :D

Bails might even let them play properly next week.. if enough recoup from "injuries" :rolleyes:

the sky isnt falling.... all is well.. :)

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

No, what you have to accept is that you are not allowed to be upset about us losing on this site otherwise you will feel the wrath of the pro-tankers who know, with self righteous surety, that Scully will not only deliver us flag after flag, but deliver us from debt and gain us 20,000 more members.

Let's just look forward to the big flogging we are going to dish out to Freo!!!!!!

Not Freo I think, ramp it up a little against Freo for the Carlton game. Then we can come out to play against those Blues, & Hit them HARD, smash them physically, & hurt them going into the finals.

A strong performance to finish off against the Saints in a send off game for some of our best clubmen...

No, what you have to accept is that you are not allowed to be upset about us losing on this site otherwise you will feel the wrath of the pro-tankers who know, with self righteous surety, that Scully will not only deliver us flag after flag, but deliver us from debt and gain us 20,000 more members.

Hey if you want to be upset then knock yourself out. Be angry, throw a tantrum, shout at the sky, wave your fist angrily at a neighbour.

Once your done with that then come onto demonland.com and discuss the game.

No, what you have to accept is that you are not allowed to be upset about us losing on this site

What rubbish.

You can be upset that we lost, but don't come on here and have a cry and tell us there is no future, when we have been very very clear about the path we're taking for 2 years now. If you speak crap you'll get crap spoken back at you.

I think all of us are sick and tired of losing, make no mistake about that, but the majority of us can see the absolute value embedded in losing, and are not so shortsighted as to count this loss as anything more than the insignificant event that it was.

So many people were happy to have miraculously lost last week, but now they are upset because we lost by too much?

We played a VFL side with a few good players thrown into the mix (who were played mostly out of position) and we got done, oh no, who would have thought.

Success to me is not beating a rubbish team in a meaningless game. That is all.

Hey if you want to be upset then knock yourself out. Be angry, throw a tantrum, shout at the sky, wave your fist angrily at a neighbour.

Once your done with that then come onto demonland.com and discuss the game.

I guess that most supporters look at the result and see a poor performance but when your team has 20 players on the side lines then creating a team is very difficult and they cannot get a run where the team list is no change like the top teams. If you total the number of injuries for collingwood carlton essendon and the bulldogs then they have aproximatly the same number of players out as melbounre. This is one of the reason we were poor and melbourne cannot or do not play at docklands well ever. :wacko:

This is such a sad post, but reflective of everyone at this club's current attitude. We want to lose. We think one player taken at the top of the draft will save us. We are playing kids who are learning that 'near enough is good enough' attitude is what is done at this club.

I am not part of the neo-tank faction at this club. It sickens me. It sickened me when Carlton did it and I have zero respect for them. This club is now losing my respect and any grain of respect any opposition supporter had left for us.

Its tragic.

You know what sickens me? MFC supporters who, by some misguided sense of traditionalism, wish to see their club wallow in mediocrity for another 10-15 years, thus consigning the club to history. Any MFC supporter who thinks winning today would have helped us needs some serious footy education.

Most of the players out there wouldn't be in our 22. The way to improve, as shown by most of the last 10 premiers is to draft aggressively. In years gone by, before the draft, we would do it in a recruitment campaign. The draft has taken that right away, and now this is the best we can hope for. Notice the last time we recruited heavily it netted us Schwartz, Neitz and many other regulars that got us to our last GF.

As for opposition respect, do you really think any serious contender gives a rats about how the rest of the comp sees us? They respect one thing, and one thing only. And that's being beaten. We will be closer to doing this with picks 1+2 (or 1+3) than we will without. Open your eyes.

I think its sad because there was nothing much on the ground today to take us into the future.

Those that believe a Picks 1 and 2 are very disollussioned.

There was never going to be. How can people not see this?!!! There are a handful of kids that give us some pleasure to watch. Jones, Petterd, Jetta, Dunn. And they ARE the future, in case you'd not noticed. Not the last 10 players on the list! The "future" was in the stands!!!

As for picks 1 and 2. Would you rather we DIDN'T get them? Besides, what kind of team do you think Carlton would be if they didn't have Judd? He was one player. He took WC to a flag with Cuz. That's two players. Scully has been likened to Judd, and the Cuz was likewise a first rounder back when recruiting was nowhere near as effective as it is now. That's two players.

So, should we have won today and only gotten one pick? You must be one of the fans that loved it in recent years when we made the finals, and then walked out of the semis and elimination finals where we got belted, with a smile on your face.

Didn't see the game. If you support Carlton you support, or turn a blind eye to, cheating. It is in the fabric of the club.

You're a clown. The club is playing 22 (21 if you don't count Bail) players, just like the other club, and we have less to play for. We don't have a coach under threat. We don't have an 8 to lose touch with. We have a meaningless 4 points that will only make it MORE difficult to climb the ladder in the future, since all it will amount to is one less pick in the first round of the draft.

I'd go so far as to say so-called "fans" like you actually don't barrack for the club. You barrack for an archaic type of game that has no place in the modern world of football. Carlton didn't cheat. They exploited a rule. Nor did they "tank." The players went in 100%. The coaching department played for position in the draft. If you call that tanking, then fine. If you want to use the English language correctly, you call it list management.

Cheating has no place when describing the Blues, UNLESS you're referring to their salary cap issues. And for that, they did their time. In fact, they did it so severely that their club was under serious threat. Just like ours is. As far as I'm concerned, I want to see us do WHATEVER IT TAKES within the rules to lift us to a premiership. To give the club, its members, players etc etc hope for the future.

You want sentimentality? Fine. Go support a team in the VFL. I want a premiership for the Melbourne Football Club in the Australian Football League. And beating the Roos in round 19, 2009, was only going to get us further from that. If you try to argue THAT point, then there is no hope for you.

Gee Tom Scully & other potential draftees must be watching the Dees & thinking 'can't wait to play for that club! Kicking backwards, missing targets, missing goals'.

Tom Scully and other potential draftees will have been educated by their mentors. They'd know that almost EVERY 1st pick in the draft went to a club that was tanking or bottoming out, playing the kids, whatever you want to call it.

You think we're playing bad footy? I wonder if Marc Murphy or Kreuzer are embarrassed that they were drafted to a club that tanked to get them now that they're going to play finals? As I recall one of them actually ASKED to play at the blues instead of Brisbane, where he was supposed to go as a father-son?!!!

You see, the average football punter that KNOWS about football, realises that short term pain = long term gain. We saw it with the Hawks, Lions, West Coast to a lesser degree... and now we're seeing it with the Saints.

It's not about getting only one kid, it's about getting the two best kids in the draft and having the first pick in the psd. It's laughable how many times this has to be explained.

Unbelievable. Melbourne supporters make me want to brain myself sometimes.

What's amazing is that there's a handful that believe a win against the Roos would have helped us today.

I wish I could be so ignorant.

Ok Nostrodamus. You tell me why it's so important that we won that game? And don't give me this quasi-psychological bulltish that it is "damaging" to the players to lose games.

Wow. Dramatic much?

Who ever said (seriously) that Scully would do all that? You show me anyone (besides Y_M) who said that in a serious conversation.

Scully won't do it on his own. But he, and whoever we get as pick 2 or 3, will only HELP deliver us flag after flag, and 20,000 more members.

You know what else will do it? Support from the current fans.

30 inside 50's

3 goals

That is a 10% conversion rate....

To all those who think we may win this match, look above.... LOL

Another reason why with our 2nd pick in the draft we need to take a KPP.Mids are gettint the ball in there but all our forwards are a joke