Trade/Draft room

Dappa Dan

I'm interested in hearing what people think on how many spots on our list we need come draft time.

Personally, I think Bell should be delisted, has shown some things but is limited and we need the spots, and with a number of fringe players (PJ, Newton) contracted for next year, I dont think we can afford to upgrade a rookie at the start of the year, just wait for injuries or the mid season break to give Spencer a go.

what is the point of delisting a player, why not put them up for trade? if no one takes them then you delist, isnt getting something better than nothing?????

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what is the point of delisting a player, why not put them up for trade? if no one takes them then you delist, isnt getting something better than nothing?????

It depends how much space you want to make for draftees including the rookie draft (and PSD for players coming back like Cousins - not that we are in that boat) but in general your point is valid.

I love all this rumor and butt scuttle, i love reading some of the crap that people come up with and the ones that turn out to be right i wonder how or where they got that bit of news.

Bring on more trade rumors!!!!

I am so not ready to talk about any of this yet. There is still at least 2 weeks of nail biting to go yet. Maybe 3.

Until the PP is ours, i am not ready!!!

That's fair enough WYL, but I think it's worth mentioning that you're in the minority here. The fact the draft order isn't established hasn't stopped everyone else from going nuts posting!

Well that goes without saying.

Sorry, just went out on a limb suggesting Bell was unwanted.

That's fair enough WYL, but I think it's worth mentioning that you're in the minority here. The fact the draft order isn't established hasn't stopped everyone else from going nuts posting!

Totally understand Dappa, it's just that in the next 2-3 weeks things could change Drastically. So i am too nervous to talk about potential draftees! Having supported this club for 40 years I have been kicked in the guts too often!!!!

Just a little longer to wait...

Can we talk trading?

The clubs that are likely to have a surplus of tall forwards, for example, would have to be St Kilda, Hawthorn & Brisbane. One I like the look of is Beau Dowler of Hawthorn (though I'd think twice about trading for anybody named Beau). He's going to struggle getting a lot of games there. Is there anything wrong with him that I've missed?

Any others?

Totally understand Dappa, it's just that in the next 2-3 weeks things could change Drastically. So i am too nervous to talk about potential draftees! Having supported this club for 40 years I have been kicked in the guts too often!!!!

Just a little longer to wait...

Don't I know it. I just won't be able to relax until the last minutes of the Saints game. You know when Melbourne lull you into a false sense of security, only to find SOME way of screwing it up? Doesn' this just feel like that?

Don't I know it. I just won't be able to relax until the last minutes of the Saints game. You know when Melbourne lull you into a false sense of security, only to find SOME way of screwing it up? Doesn' this just feel like that?

EXACTLY!!! Just how i am feeling....Still 4 weeks to go....I must have Booze!

I love all this rumor and butt scuttle, i love reading some of the crap that people come up with and the ones that turn out to be right i wonder how or where they got that bit of news.

Bring on more trade rumors!!!!

I know that this was bought up a week or so ago but a friend of mine had lunch with some influential Carltank supporters who discussed the fact that Carlton want our Scully and that Fev + ? may be used as trade bait, that there would be a number of clubs in an interchange of draft picks. My friend thought this was interesting as we had discussed the rumour and its relevance after it was mentioned here and decided then that it had no relevance. My fear is that Carlton would stoop to anything to get Scully. Can anyone tell me what the status of Fev's contract is - one year to go - not that that matters I suppose. As long as MFC stays at 16 no one else can get their hands on him. Now this may be the "Crap" that Deeflog is talking about but I thought it was interesting that Carltank supporters are obviously talking about it and these people would not be reading a supporter website.

There's no way they'd get rid of Fev. Without him there's no team. Who's going to kick the goals? Eddie Betts? Besides, would Scully fit into their midfield? Anywho, we wouldn't go for the deal, so I dunno why they're seriously bothering to entertain the thought.

EXACTLY!!! Just how i am feeling....Still 4 weeks to go....I must have Booze!

I am HAVING the booze. Personally though, I can't bear the not knowing. Last weekend my connection disappeared about 5-10 minutes before the siren. We were 9 down and I thought we'd be fine. I got back to look at the score a couple of hours later. I nearly threw up. Imagine if I'd been there for the whole lot?

On Carlton wanting to trade to get Scully, thinking about their list there is only one player I'd entertain giving away Scully for, and that's Judd. But even then how old is Judd now? It wouldn't be much of a surprise if his best footy has past him.

So for me it would be no.

We are at long last in the box seat. There is no cracked windscreen and theres at least some petrol in the tank. We are building OUR own team with longevity in mind and serious september action on the radar in a few years time. We dont need to trade away our hard fought for prizes. They are for us and us alone. Picks one and two will be sacred. Scully is to be ours..simple as that #2 on the best next ( hopefully midfielder) and the second rounder on whomever. Its possible that this pick the round 2 pick , will be used in trade either stand alone or as part of one of those you beaut convoluted merry go round, music stops, kind of afair. Its highly possible, ne probable that those other teams will want to attempt a seduction in order to pry away our gold but it will be to no avail.

It sorta does, gut instinct, I don't know but the way all the teams that were "list manageing", then Mysteriously won games you'd expect, to not.

?Back room talks maybe, Vlad???

Edited by dee-luded

I know that this was bought up a week or so ago but a friend of mine had lunch with some influential Carltank supporters who discussed the fact that Carlton want our Scully and that Fev + ? may be used as trade bait, that there would be a number of clubs in an interchange of draft picks. My friend thought this was interesting as we had discussed the rumour and its relevance after it was mentioned here and decided then that it had no relevance. My fear is that Carlton would stoop to anything to get Scully. Can anyone tell me what the status of Fev's contract is - one year to go - not that that matters I suppose. As long as MFC stays at 16 no one else can get their hands on him. Now this may be the "Crap" that Deeflog is talking about but I thought it was interesting that Carltank supporters are obviously talking about it and these people would not be reading a supporter website.

If that were to be the case, then I'd want to go into the carlton game with no more wins than were we are now, 3 wins.

I don't trust them at all, not 1mm.

No No & NO. please do not talk of the prospect of swapping Fev for the no 1 Draft pick! Just Don't.

Walk Away....

It depends how much space you want to make for draftees including the rookie draft (and PSD for players coming back like Cousins - not that we are in that boat) but in general your point is valid.

I think you can have the best of both worlds. If we decided to put up Bell, PJ, Newton, Bartram etc for trade, I think we should aim to give away our 3rd/4th draft pick, with one of these players, for a 1st/2nd round draft pick. This means we improve a draft pick, and also free up a spot on the list.

I think you can have the best of both worlds. If we decided to put up Bell, PJ, Newton, Bartram etc for trade, I think we should aim to give away our 3rd/4th draft pick, with one of these players, for a 1st/2nd round draft pick. This means we improve a draft pick, and also free up a spot on the list.

Absolutely, good call - I was a bit 1 dimensional with my post but if no such trade could go through then it would come back to making a simpler decision whether to trade 1 for 1 or delist.

No one is going to Trade for those players. They are Duds in a bottom side. We have been bagging them all year!! Why would other clubs not feel the same??

LOL NEWTON FOR A 1ST RND PICK ANY TAKERS?