Geelong v Casey Scorpions

KC from Casey

The draw keeps throwing up tough games against the depleted Scorpions and they continue to stand tall. This week it's Geelong at Skilled Stadium in the curtain raiser to the Cats' game against Adelaide with Brad Ottens making his comeback at full forward. This will certainly test Alex Silvagni's mettle. There will be some tough contests with Jake Spencer battling it out against Geeong's Blake in the ruck.

GEELONG v CASEY SCORPIONS (AFL C/R) - Seniors

Saturday 1st August 2009

Skilled Stadium at 10:40 AM

GEELONG

Backs Donohue Gillies Firman

Half backs D Johnson McKenna Hollmer

Centreline Laidler Moles Raidme

Half forwards B Johnson Podsiadly A Varcoe

Forwards Westwood Ottens West

Followers Blake Simpkin Djerrkura

Interchange (from) Carson Corrigan Kennedy Moreland Sheringham Smith Stavenuiter Tutungi

CASEY SCORPIONS

BacksWhelanSilvagni Stockdale

Half backs BuckleyFaulks Taylor

Centreline Wall Valenti Matthews

Half forwards Panozza Robertson Chivers

Forwards Jetta Waite Hughes

Followers Spencer MacReadie Sylvia

Interchange (from) Blaser Carr* Collins Grimes Lees Liddle

McGough McNamara Morton Scanlon Snow Zomer

The reserves are off to Preston where they take on the Northern Bullants in a must win game.

NORTHERN BULLANTS v CASEY SCORPIONS - Reserves

Sunday 2nd August 2009

NAB Oval at 11:10 AM

CASEY SCORPIONS

Backs Virtue Snow Mazurek

Half backs McLeod Bolton Bail

Centerline Costigan Matheson Clay

Half forwards Singh Williams Dean

Forwards Sykes McGough Terry

Followers Patti Liddle Smith

Interchange (from) Crespin DeAurago Dryden Hillberge Kelly Mildren

Vernon

Edited by KC from Casey

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad that Sylvia is being shown some club admonishment, it's pretty much what got him playing good footy in the first place.

I'm also becoming more convinced that they named the wrong player (Bail) last week, I think they meant Hughes.

Glad that Sylvia is being shown some club admonishment, it's pretty much what got him playing good footy in the first place.

I'm also becoming more convinced that they named the wrong player (Bail) last week, I think they meant Hughes.

You would think they meany hughes as he is so unlucky not to have got a game!!! But he would of have to be promoted to be even named as bail was!!

Hughes is still on the rookie list and I'm not sure if we're even able to elevate him, given that we've already got three rookie listers on the senior list (Valenti, McKenzie, Spencer). Bail must've been named on a last man standing basis. The only others left that played were McNamara, Buckley at half fitness and Robbo.

It is laughable that he'd go from emergency to playing in the reserves though.

Hughes is still on the rookie list and I'm not sure if we're even able to elevate him, given that we've already got three rookie listers on the senior list (Valenti, McKenzie, Spencer). Bail must've been named on a last man standing basis. The only others left that played were McNamara, Buckley at half fitness and Robbo.

It is laughable that he'd go from emergency to playing in the reserves though.

That's what I thought too. He's still on the rookie list.

do we know any stats/scores yet?

Casey Scorpions 3.4.22 8.5.53 9.10.64 14.12.96

Geelong 4.4.28 7.6.48 11.9.75 15.10.100

Goals

Casey Scorpions Sylvia 3 Hughes Waite 2 MacReadie McNamara Matthews

Scanlon Silvagni Robertson Zomer

Geelong Podsiadly 6 Westwood 3 Carson Moles Sheringham Smith Tutungi

West

Best

Casey Scorpions Stockdale Sylvia Faulks Wall Matthews Liddle

Geelong Podsiadly Moles Tutungi Firman Laidler

Edited by KC from Casey

From the VFL website

http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cg...ent=1-118-0-0-0

2009 VFL Seniors

Geelong 4.4 7.6 11.9 15.10 (100)

Casey Scorpions 3.4 8.5 9.10 14.12 (96)

GOALS:

Geelong: Podsiadly 6 Westwood 3 Moles Tutungi West Carson Sheringham Smith

Casey Scorpions: Sylvia 3 Waite 2 Hughes 2 Zomer MacReadie McNamara Scanlon Silvagni Matthews Robertson

BEST:

Geelong: West Podsiadly Moles Tutungi Firman Laidler

Casey Scorpions: Stockdale Sylvia Faulks Wall Matthews Liddle

REPORTED PLAYERS:

Geelong: Nil.

Casey Scorpions: Nil.

Casey Scorpions 3.4.22 8.5.53 9.10.64 14.12.96

Geelong 4.4.28 7.6.48 11.9.75 15.10.100

Goals

Casey Scorpions Sylvia 3 Hughes Waite 2 MacReadie McNamara Matthews

Scanlon Silvagni Robertson Zomer

Geelong Podsiadly 6 Westwood 3 Carson Moles Sheringham Smith Tutungi

West

Best

Casey Scorpions Stockdale Sylvia Faulks Wall Matthews Liddle

Geelong Podsiadly Moles Tutungi Firman Laidler

Looks like Sylvia has done enough to get a game next week. Did Spencer and\or Buckley play? If Spencer didn't play you would think that Martin wouldn't be playing. Martin did hurt his knee last week.

Looks like Sylvia has done enough to get a game next week.

LOL.

Th MFC is a joke at the moment.

Sylvia, who was in rampaging in form leading up to his suspension, was sent down to Geelong to play a game starting at 11am with a bunch of hacks.

Absolute disgrace.

I would not blame Colin if he asked for a trade at seasons end.

Wake up Bailey, for christs sake.

LOL.

Sylvia, who was in rampaging in form leading up to his suspension, was sent down to Geelong to play a game starting at 11am with a bunch of hacks.

Absolute disgrace.

Normally I'd agree, but for a game we would have some chance to win, why risk him!

LOL.

Absolute disgrace.

Come on, even you can't be that dumb!

3 goals against Richmond tomorrow could be the difference between Scully and no Scully, so just give it a rest.

It actually says a lot about how far he's come that we are now trying to keep him out of the team for tanking reasons!

Edit: if he asked for a trade I'd show him the door. For 5 years we stood by as he wasted our time with self-destructive behaviour, and gave us nothing on the field. He owes us plenty, because many other clubs would have thrown him out on his arse by now. He should be thankful that he still has a career, cop his 'punishment' for being a tool and getting himself suspended and move on. I have no doubt he will (whether you do as well, is another matter).

Come on, even you can't be that dumb!

3 goals against Richmond tomorrow could be the difference between Scully and no Scully, so just give it a rest.

It actually says a lot about how far he's come that we are now trying to keep him out of the team for tanking reasons!

If it drives Colin away from the club, then it is a disaster of epic proportions.

The kid is on the verge of superstardrom, and he gets sent back to Casey?

Why the hell do McDonald and Bruce not get a run down there?

This is Baileys worst mistake yet.

If it drives Colin away from the club, then it is a disaster of epic proportions.

The kid is on the verge of superstardrom, and he gets sent back to Casey?

Why the hell do McDonald and Bruce not get a run down there?

This is Baileys worst mistake yet.

Read what I wrote about him wanting out.

He has no grounds for despair, none! He has a long way to go before he breaks even with our club.

Read what I wrote about him wanting out.

He has no grounds for despair, none! He has a long way to go before he breaks even with our club.

Im sure he just loved going down to Geelong today, while spuds like Miller, Newton, Bartram and PJ play in the seniors.

He is 23, and a huge part of our future.

Same cant be said for Bruce and McDonald who continue getting senior games despite being useless.

If Sylvia asked for a trade I would support him 100%, cos he has been treated poorly.

LOL.

Absolute disgrace.

Yeah no worries YM, Make him earn him earn his spot back. Do the crime pay the time. Good on you DB pushing home some values, If he doesn't like it he can follow Chris Johnson out the door