Karmichael Hunt

Mousey

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw this on 'ology too. I had never heard of Karmichael Hunt before this. How big is his profile in the NRL?

One of the biggest mate.

I live in Brisbane and everything is Broncos here, Apart from Lockyer , Hunt is probably the next biggest star!

cant believe this!!!

I think its a smart move by GC! Its going to get a lot of attention from the public thats for sure!

Apparently was a great junior AFL player as was lockyer.

Pioneer move, maybe the start of a trend?

Ouch for NRL.

How [censored] would you be if you were the Broncos, it's not like they can trade him away for draft picks.

Its like that across the NRL though, players leave for no compensation at all, look at Israel Falou moving from Storm to the Broncos for nothing

I saw this on 'ology too. I had never heard of Karmichael Hunt before this. How big is his profile in the NRL?

Never heard of him? Really??

I'd compare him to Joel Selwood too, but in terms of profile and achievements.

I think he might actually succeed too, moderately though.

I remember seeing him at Crown after a Storm game about a year ago and was surprised by his size.

He has a physique that's more suited to AFL than League.

I imagine he'd be a pocket or a flanker though, not sure if he'd have the engine to run in the midfield.

Edited by Enforcer25

Unbelievable moment. The League world will be in shock for weeks about this.

State or Origin, Australia rep and he gives it up to play for the Gold Coast, a team no one wants to exist or remotely cares about. Incredible coup for the AFL.

He will be a gun.

In the Joel Selwood mould.

Big call. He's miles away from getting a start.

For the AFL though it is a huge coup. Just the publicity they will need for the 2 years leading up to Gold Coast's entrance into AFL. The NRL would be seething. This means publicity in papers in QLD, even NSW until the build up. You can't put dollar value on that.

Big call. He's miles away from getting a start.

For the AFL though it is a huge coup. Just the publicity they will need for the 2 years leading up to Gold Coast's entrance into AFL. The NRL would be seething. This means publicity in papers in QLD, even NSW until the build up. You can't put dollar value on that.

Reckon the AFL had a hand in this? Surely he'd have to be getting paid BIG $$$, like he was in the NRL.

Its a brilliant coup for turning the focus onto GC17.

Just wait until next year when Willie Mason announces he's defecting to WS18...

This would satisfy Demetriou to no end. This is exactly what he wanted to get out of the two new teams. The AFL wants to get NRL players to consider AFL first. He wants kids to play AFL, he wants AFL to dominate in NSW and Qld. Having a star NRL player decide that AFL is now more enticing than NRL will do wonders for the AFL's image as it begins to tap into the NRL market.

Could well go down in history as GC's first bad move. The Australian Rules with which Hunt may be familiar with is a world away from what is now played. The running required of him in League is also an entirely different matter to what is now required of all players in our code. God, he's a Kiwi athlete who played a bit of Rules as a junior and there's nothing special about his size at 186/90. Someone on Big Footy said that he might in time turn out to be a smaller poor man's Brad Miller. I could well be persuaded to believe this.

Could well go down in history as GC's first bad move. The Australian Rules with which Hunt may be familiar with is a world away from what is now played. The running required of him in League is also an entirely different matter to what is now required of all players in our code. God, he's a Kiwi athlete who played a bit of Rules as a junior and there's nothing special about his size at 186/90. Someone on Big Footy said that he might in time turn out to be a smaller poor man's Brad Miller. I could well be persuaded to believe this.

Depends on whether you are thinking on-field or off-field.

On-field I think he'll be an adequate player in their early years and hopefully provide good off-field leadership (in terms of physical maintenance, professionalism, etc.)

Off-field this is a masterstroke and he's worth every cent.

Especially in terms of convincing kids to switch codes at a young age.

I don't know.

I reckon he'd do alright. Only 22.

And NRL isn't dying.

It's decomposing...and starting to smell...

The northern states are going to need a sh!tload of Air Wick...

Depends on whether you are thinking on-field or off-field.

On-field I think he'll be an adequate player in their early years and hopefully provide good off-field leadership (in terms of physical maintenance, professionalism, etc.)

Off-field this is a masterstroke and he's worth every cent.

Especially in terms of convincing kids to switch codes at a young age.

And they can only hope that he's taken a more positive view of leading team-mates into the dunnies to take advantage of some poor woman who's had too much to drink.

Could well go down in history as GC's first bad move.

Khunt is huge in Qld but any Broncos is huge in Qld. He's a very good league player but certainly not top 10.

In terms of stature in the game maybe a Daniel Kerr. A local in a mad football town.

His attributes are he's strong and tough. He's not overly quick. 186 cms. 95kegs. He's also injury prone.

It's a different game with different fitness required. I just don't see him in a position where he can dominant.

He could make a handy tagger however, i don't think he's got the tank to run out games.

700,000 on a tagger with a small tank. Bold.

Khunt is huge in Qld but any Broncos is huge in Qld. He's a very good league player but certainly not top 10.

In terms of stature in the game maybe a Daniel Kerr. A local in a mad football town.

His attributes are he's strong and tough. He's not overly quick. 186 cms. 95kegs. He's also injury prone.

It's a different game with different fitness required. I just don't see him in a position where he can dominant.

He could make a handy tagger however, i don't think he's got the tank to run out games.

700,000 on a tagger with a small tank. Bold.

This move would not be all about the player but the mediation that comes from it. They need the town to be talking about GC17 and even get some NRL supporters to sign up.

One of the biggest mate.

I live in Brisbane and everything is Broncos here, Apart from Lockyer , Hunt is probably the next biggest star!

cant believe this!!!

I think its a smart move by GC! Its going to get a lot of attention from the public thats for sure!

Apparently was a great junior AFL player as was lockyer.

Pioneer move, maybe the start of a trend?

This is a huge Shot over the @ Rugby league & will command enormous ongoing media coverage & talk.

The gloves are off I'd say.