Channel 10 Commentary

Juice Newton

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You may very well be in the minority. Funnily enough she's done two games on TV and both were Geelong games. And she used to work for K-Rock. Hmmm maybe a less biased commentary if she did another team maybe?

Edited by ucanchoose

Well she has some promise, but she needs to drop the radio commentry and her preconceived ideas on what the games supposed be, rather than whats happening on the field e.g. Her two comments on how Geelong where playing as if it were a training drill where both times Geelong turned it over, one of which resulted in a Morton goal!

On the other hand Matthew Richardson was very good.

Guest JACKtheRIPPER

terrible, would rather chew razorblades than listen to her biased comments again, richo and huddo wernt even responding to her towards the end,basically they let young kellie sink.

I have never heard a commentator be more biased than Kelli Underwood was on Saturday.

There is a reason why she got the gig being she must be a Geelong supporter, getting upset when Geelong made mistakes like.

She is a disgrace and is a reason why footy should be called by men only.

Richo btw had a great day in the box.

What do you think of her as a commentator? I wonder if this will be on a regular basis now. Personally, I thought she was ok

I thought she was fine. No worse than when Robert Walls and Tim Lane do a Carlton game. I'd be happy to see her given another go.

Sounds very, very shaky when the pace picks up... headed towards stutter territory in those situations. Also seemed like she chose a side and supported them - i'm guilty of that as well when watching, but you can't have it on tv/radio.

On another note, good to see Mortram got some possessions.

she sounds like a man

She's trying to sound like a man, and it doesn't work in my opinion... Surely this isn't the best female caller that women in the media can present to us... Add to that her obvious bias towards the cats, especially her calls on a couple of umpiring or non umpiring decisions, she has a lot of work to do...

I concur the majority of thoughts here. Did not like her tone of voice, calling style, pace (always 2 or 3 players behind where the ball was), lack of knowledge of players names, and most of all, her bias. There was one point in the game where Geelong turned it over and she made an audible "ohhhh" sound. Unprofessional and very inexperienced.

No good.

Well she has some promise, but she needs to drop the radio commentry and her preconceived ideas on what the games supposed be, rather than whats happening on the field e.g. Her two comments on how Geelong where playing as if it were a training drill where both times Geelong turned it over, one of which resulted in a Morton goal!

Agree, Matty Richardson was excellent. KU was very biased and like someone said, often a couple of players behind where the ball was. Her pro-Cats bias annoyed me more than the umpires.

But i was glad to see Ablett get pinged for holding the ball in the Geelong pocket, and did he squeal!!

Absolute joke that a woman was let anywhere near a commentary box.

Woeful.

So, women shouldn't comment on football, but it's OK for the blokes to call women's tennis, volleyball, swimming etc.

Double standards at play I'm afraid!

Judge her on her performance and not her gender!

But - on her performance she was krap and she advanced her cause non a micron. Also her bias was appalling.

As long as the call is clear, unbiased and the caller knows the players and the subject, and can bring to the commentary something of the moment, I don't care if the commentator has testicles or [censored] (or both) :lol: .

Edited by discworld demon

She also noted that we apparently had 'three supporters' at yesterday's game. Her voice was the most annoying thing I've ever heard on television. I hope she gets the flick. A number of times she would make a comment that moments later would be denied by the play going on. I'd said she was pretty ordinary to be honest.

As for Richo, I always enjoy his comments. As for Hudson, he was at his most annoying yesterday.

Oh and those wankers being sexest, go and jump off a cliff or come and join the twenty first century.

Edited by AdamFarr

She also noted that we apparently had 'three supporters' at yesterday's game. Her voice was the most annoying thing I've ever heard on television. I hope she gets the flick. A number of times she would make a comment that moments later would be denied by the play going on. I'd said she was pretty ordinary to be honest.

As for Richo, I always enjoy his comments. As for Hudson, he was at his most annoying yesterday.

Oh and those wankers being sexest, go and jump off a cliff or come and join the twenty first century.

Her dull tones kept distracting me from the game. I had to mute the TV after she called Ablett "Geelong's favourite son" for the millionth time. Nice try by Ten to spice things up but didn't work IMO.... get her off!

Just had a look at the replay, Richo's call was very good.

Will be a great special comments man after his AFL career ends. Made good relevant calls at the appropriate times, astute observations, and showed an in depth knowledge of both teams players' roles etc. Impressed.

She was a disgrace! Might as well have put the Geelong Cheersquad leader in the box! I though her best work was when she mistook Matthew Bate as Clint Bartram :huh: !!!! I have no problem with female callers, but I don't want the cheersquad in the commentary box. If she's as good as they say, why don't they get her to call a game with any other team than Geelong?

So, women shouldn't comment on football, but it's OK for the blokes to call women's tennis, volleyball, swimming etc.

Double standards at play I'm afraid!

Judge her on her performance and not her gender!

But - on her performance she was krap and she advanced her cause non a micron. Also her bias was appalling.

As long as the call is clear, unbiased and the caller knows the players and the subject, and can bring to the commentary something of the moment, I don't care if the commentator has testicles or [censored] (or both) :lol: .

First point Yes it's just the voice and technique as for tennis who cares, volleyball only beach volleyball is worth watching full stop and men are the only ones that can put this sport into perspective.