Ummm We won the game didn't we?

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

I have had enough of this tank/don't tank crap. I am just enjoying the fact that we have won 2 games in a row and we are no longer the bottom side so I thought I'd make a thread for people that just want to enjoy the winning feeling. No "Oh crap we should have lost" or "What! No Scully?" people need apply. You've already got 336 threads on that crap. I just want to talk about how good it is to be a Demon today and how good the boys were.

Loved todays game. I hate that BS team that wears kiddie colours and harbours thugs. I hope that they are all crying in PA tonight and I hope it really hurt them knowing we stuffed their finals chances. I also hope that Freo is sucking it up being the celler dwellers. Next week is the time to smash Geelong. The more scalps the better for us and better for our players. But the best bit is that our kids now know that they can mix it with other teams and beat them.

Oh, and congrats to Bails for his first back to back win with the MFC.

Go the Mighty Dees.

Edited by Rojik of the Arctic

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said, Rojik!

I'm with you rojik!!! I was on the edge of the way to the eaglesb saints game listening to rex and the boys bring us home. i was screaming at the radio which decided that with 5 mins to go and us up by 11 it would switch over to the weagles game preview just like it did in the tigers game. needless to say the poor girl at 882 6PR copped a serve.

I was delighted to hear the boys had won. F**k the draft picks, we will get the ones we deserve. I don't see us winning two more games, i think we'll get over freo at the g and thats perhaps it. Tigers will come back hard at us. I'm sick of only beating rich freo and wce. Its good to beat a somewhat better team and i hate the power!!!! If we only win four, pick up scully and have to 'settle' for pick three i'll be a happy man. The draft is usually a lottery anyway. obviously scully is at the front now but in 5 years time who knows where he'll be or who's gone past him. Even if we miss out on him and i'll get over it.

Finishing above the eagles, tigers and dockers would be priceless....

I have had enough of this tank/don't tank crap. I am just enjoying the fact that we have won 2 games in a row and we are no longer the bottom side so I thought I'd make a thread for people that just want to enjoy the winning feeling. No "Oh crap we should have lost" or "What! No Scully?" people need apply. You've already got 336 threads on that crap. I just want to talk about how good it is to be a Demon today and how good the boys were.

Loved todays game. I hate that BS team that wears kiddie colours and harbours thugs. I hope that they are all crying in PA tonight and I hope it really hurt them knowing we stuffed their finals chances. I also hope that Freo is sucking it up being the celler dwellers. Next week is the time to smash Geelong. The more scalps the better for us and better for our players. But the best bit is that our kids now know that they can mix it with other teams and beat them.

Oh, and congrats to Bails for his first back to back win with the MFC.

Go the Mighty Dees.

I'll just ask you one question and then I'll be off to a sensible thread.

Would you swap that win for Tom Scully and Jack Trengove?

Whatever Rhino, we all know you think your God and never wrong so i won't bother with you.

Fair point Roost, Gold Coast does create the feeling of more urgency to obtain higher picks this year, but they are still kids, some stand out more than others with natural ability but how will they fare against men when we need them to, do they have the work ethic to get to the point we need them at? I remember a certain #16 that was full of natural ability but was too lazy to consistently back it up. I guess thats my point, yes they have talent but do they have the brains?

I remember a certain #16 that was full of natural ability but was too lazy to consistently back it up. I guess thats my point, yes they have talent but do they have the brains?

TJ was a talented simpleton who had none of the maturity, attitude and nous to back his highly rated talents.

Scully was captain of Vic Metro and for the second year running AA U18. Trengove was captain of the SA team. Starting to see the difference?

Recruiting assessments have changed markedly over the past 10 years. And I would hardly use TJ as an applicable example of the talent available particularly given the No 1 talent that has come through in the past 10 years and is running around the AFL having a significant impact today.

There can be no real fair comaprison between TJ and Scully/Trengove for the reasons RR suggests.. Its Apples and Oranges really.

yesterday might well go down as a case of Premature Celebration :mellow:

This 'winning attitude' argument is bogus, and the reason it's bogus is that when the club will be ready to challenge for a top 4 spot to get into a grand final most of the players who played yesterday won't be on our list.

We won yesterday, great and I'm sure that many posters on here that want to lose song the song and cheered yesterday. Winning is great, players develop faster in a winning environment then a losing one. Essendon for example they have a winning culture at their club, the may have been down in recent years but the never hit the bottom, now they will make the finals this year and IMO are in a lot better position then Carlton for next year. West Coast are the same, 2 bad years but they love winning, next year or the year after they will be back winning not like the other WA team they don't have that winning culture and will be down the bottom for many years to come.

Winning is a culture, it is something that our club has to get, even earlier this decade we started to get this into our club, but we could never combine the winning onfield with off field performance, which means we couldn't get high quality people to our club. It seems we are getting closer to winning off field and on field we need to catch up.

Give me winning over draft picks anyday.

We should re visit this thread in two years time and see if one stupid win over power compares to the picks we are going to lose. We are the dumbest football club going around at the moment.

Why could we not show this spirit at the start of the season?

The way the draft works, we have it in our best interest to lose. Hate it or love it, thats the way it is.

Look at North, they continually finish 11th to top 8 but never really challenge, is that what we want? or do we want some short term pain for the chance to have a real go at the flag with what should be the best talent in the land in this years draft?

We should re visit this thread in two years time and see if one stupid win over power compares to the picks we are going to lose. We are the dumbest football club going around at the moment.

Why could we not show this spirit at the start of the season?

The way the draft works, we have it in our best interest to lose. Hate it or love it, thats the way it is.

Look at North, they continually finish 11th to top 8 but never really challenge, is that what we want? or do we want some short term pain for the chance to have a real go at the flag with what should be the best talent in the land in this years draft?

Well said - who after all remembers the worthless win against Carlton which delivered Kruezer to the Blues - there is nothing wrong with continuing to develop youngters to be competitive :angry:

I would love to know since the introduction of the Draft, how many No 1 draft picks have played in a premiership for the club they were drafted by. In recent times I can only recall Hodge for Hawthorn. In two years to time I hope we do look back at these emails and I'm right in stating "that winning now will only benefit our club for the future".

I would love to know since the introduction of the Draft, how many No 1 draft picks have played in a premiership for the club they were drafted by. In recent times I can only recall Hodge for Hawthorn. In two years to time I hope we do look back at these emails and I'm right in stating "that winning now will only benefit our club for the future".

Its not just pick 1, it is pick 2 or 3 aswell, which could help a hell of alot in our side.

I hope you are right too, i just feel we would be better off to get 2 top 3 picks instead of one top 5 pick

This whole argument is a joke!

Win a game of footy, sing the song and enjoy the week only to see us get smashed against Geelong next week and we'll come back down to earth with a thud!

The other side of the argument is that we fight out competitive losses for the rest of the year and recruit the clear number 1 pick in Scully (no one is challenging him at the moment for this crown) and hopefully we get pick 2 or 3 as well.

Scenario one we all enjoy a win and it is shortlived. Scenario two we continue to build a team that will give us a shot at a premiership finally after 45 years plus.

A thought for the day - Don't expect a different result if you continue to do the same thing!

People on this site are treating this like life and death for the club, its not we will get a pick between 1-4 regardless of what happens over the next 7 weeks to add to our already very young list. We have Watts, Strauss, Blease and Maric that we have seen either nothing or little of add to that Garland and Aussie who we know that can play. Also missing from yesterday Sylvia who has IMO been our most damaging player for the past 8 games and another youngster in Bennell that has shown enough to get exited about. Pick 1 and 2 or 3 are a bonus, and if we do get that I won't complain but we have enough potential quality around our club to be extremely positive about our future even if we do only get a pick from 2-4.