Tankomania

Yze_Magic

Rpfc fremantle have another chance of a win. Its actually against Melbourne. Whilst not alot would agree, theyre definitely a chance anyway.

'List management' from Melbourne would mean a two goal win for us. We are no chance to lose that game.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not so sure WCE will win another game this year! Freo have the wood on them of late I think and I have no doubt the eagles will gladly accept another loss to their arch rivals if it takes them 1 step closer to a PP at year`s end!

If Freo win this week, then, beat us, they'll miss an extra pick.

I can't see them being that stupid.

If Freo win this week, then, beat us, they'll miss an extra pick.

I can't see them being that stupid.

I can, by freo being the smart ones it makes us the stupid ones, depending on how many wins we have had by then.

Freo are just crap there only chance of wins are against us and wce in the derby.

The only game we will win will be against Fremantle.

We may give the Swans a run for it this weekend, but I think they'll be keen to prove themselves after their capitulation against the Blues on Saturday.

Our other chances are obviously against North and against Richmond.

In terms of the 'Fours Wins vs More Wins' debate, both the Tigers and the Roos have coaches that are coaching for their careers so neither will be 'tanking' I would think. That could change if North sign Buckley over the next couple of weeks. But even still, Crocker will be out to prove himself as a potential coach for an AFL club.

I think we are a chance to win both games. I think Richmond at the G will be our best chance of the two.

But if the match committee want the club to win only 4 games, I think they can make that happen.

And the bottom of the ladder at the end of Rd 16......

North Melbourne 16 4 11 1 1191 1508 79.0 18 BL, Carl, Melb, WC, StK, PA

West Coast 16 4 12 0 1347 1554 86.7 16 Freo, Ess, WB, NM, Adel, Rich

Richmond 16 3 12 1 1322 1675 78.9 14 Ess, Melb, Syd, Coll, Haw, WC

Melbourne 16 3 13 0 1223 1677 72.9 12 Syd, Rich, NM, Freo, Carl, StK

Fremantle 16 3 13 0 1221 1700 71.8 12 WC, WB, PA, Melb, Ess, Geel

I don't think I've ever been this nervous about 6 weeks of football in my life.

I've never wanted this club to lose more than I do now.

The system is just plain wrong.

The only game we will win will be against Fremantle.

We may give the Swans a run for it this weekend, but I think they'll be keen to prove themselves after their capitulation against the Blues on Saturday.

Our other chances are obviously against North and against Richmond.

In terms of the 'Fours Wins vs More Wins' debate, both the Tigers and the Roos have coaches that are coaching for their careers so neither will be 'tanking' I would think. That could change if North sign Buckley over the next couple of weeks. But even still, Crocker will be out to prove himself as a potential coach for an AFL club.

I think we are a chance to win both games. I think Richmond at the G will be our best chance of the two.

But if the match committee want the club to win only 4 games, I think they can make that happen.

The Swans game makes me really nervous, The're horribly out of form and have lost their Mojo big time.

The Tigers will beat us, as will North.

We couldn't lose to Freo if we tried and we just might be trying!

Knowing our luck we'll roll the Saints for our fifth win :o

The lottery style draft of the teams outside the finals I think is a good idea, I would add the priority pick into that barrel. I think that would take most of the tanking teams out of the equation.

I reckon the biggest problem re supporters is the knowledge of who the standout player is & that they will obviously be picked first.

If the pick order is not known & would be decided by fate, the certainty of strategic planning to get a particular pick No for a fairly certain result goes out the window.

I think the major problem we have is that the next 4 games are all winnable.

It may be one thing to tinker with your teeam from week to week based on your opposition, but to do it for a month straight will be pretty hard.

I am still predicting we will win 5 or 6. I just can't see us losing the next three in a row.

Rpfc fremantle have another chance of a win. Its actually against Melbourne. Whilst not alot would agree, theyre definitely a chance anyway.

If Jurrah and I were the only two people on the field in a Melbourne jumper, Freo would still lose... and that's taking into account that I can't kick, mark, handball or run, and am likely to get completely psyched out if any of those pesky MCG seagulls came near me.

In other words, Freo will be lucky to win one more game for the year, but that matters little as long as we don't win more than 1 as well. I'd rather avoid the spoon if we can still get ourselves pick 1 and 3!

Another draw in the derby next week will be perfect, otherwise we should all be barracking hard for West Coast.

That's the problem though. So can the other committees. It's list management versus list management.

I think o fit like this. I've never hated the AFL so much. On one hand, it does make it kind of interesting having SOMETHING to look forward to at year's end. But robbing fans of the joy of a win like the Port Adelaide one is just criminal. And against the whole spirit of the game.

The more I think about it the more I think the Port Adeaide game was the first ironclad sign that we, as a club and squad, have moved forward since 2007. We weren't supposed to win. They are, at times, a quality side. Quality enough to put paid to us, surely. That win, in round 1, 3 or even 7 next year would give fans a HUGE amount of hope, and confidence in their club, and would likely lead to a huge influx of memberships. As it is, we lost that chance.

I don't think it'll matter though. We will be a better side next year, by some measure at least.

That Richmond game isn't going to be fun one for me to go to...

The Port game wasn't fun for me either. Neither was the Eagles game. I basically cheered anything Grimes and Jurrah did but apart from that felt weird, basically barracking against the team I go to support every week. I love my club, but this season has been so difficult...I'm sick of us being an ordinary side, or good to very good side. How we haven't at least won one premiership in my lifetime (born in 1987), is shattering. We haven't even had a genuine star in 22 years. It's an absolutely hopeless record.

I don't like the fact I actually have to go to games hoping for merely an improvement from our boys, but nothing more. Alright, one must be realistic, whilst they're developing, but it's got to the stage where I actually hope we loose games. But anyone who thinks we'll win a premiership with our current list is dreaming. We need elite mids, if we get those, I reckon we're a 50/50 shot at a premiership, which in my book is good odds. In this instance, one or two elite players will make all the difference. I'm not saying we'll be a shot at a flag next year or even the year after, but if we build a star midfield (with picks) then it's just a matter of developing our youth. That along with the new facilities, will help our cause dramatically.

As bad as it feels and may seem, I hope we only win one more game, if that. That doesn't change the fact that I'll be going every week to support the younger players in their development. I want them to make a good account of themselves, but ultimately nothing more. As paradoxical as it sounds and seems, I'm going to Canberra to support my team. After all the suffering we've endured as a supporter group, particularly those, that like my family go every week, we can certainly handle another 6 weeks of it. I've had 22 years of it, so 6 weeks is a mere trifle. 6 more weeks and then I will be as passionate and as vocal as I've always been. I'm still the only one that uses their voice in the MCC and that will continue to be the case.:P

Sorry another rant, but as I've said before, having won two meaningless games, it's mission impossible to loose all 6 remaining games. I hope I'm wrong...:(

Edited by AdamFarr

Hi all,

I wonder what fellow posters think of the fact that we are so close to going over that magic 4 game barrier this season. So I ask you what would be the repercussions for the club in terms of membership and support if we relinquish these picks?

Would you throw in your membership

Not support the debt demolition

Surly if we are to loose these priority picks through the shier idiocy of pining for 2 goal losses then there will be major drums beating at the club. Personally I agree with that curly haired, mono browed champion of ours Garry Lyon when he suggests 4 games should be the limit.

Hi all,

I wonder what fellow posters think of the fact that we are so close to going over that magic 4 game barrier this season. So I ask you what would be the repercussions for the club in terms of membership and support if we relinquish these picks?

Surly if we are to loose these priority picks through the shier idiocy of pining for 2 goal losses then there will be major drums beating at the club. Personally I agree with that curly haired, mono browed champion of ours Garry Lyon when he suggests 4 games should be the limit.

What a thought provoking and original post.

Guest Watts=Saviour

I think we'll only win 4.

If we lose the Sydney, Richmond and North games, I'd like to see us throw in our best team for the rest of the year. We're going to beat Freo no matter what, so lets bring in the boys and smash em! As for the Carlton and St Kilda matches, there's no way we'll win anyway.

I'd almost be happier with picks 1 & 3 over picks 1 & 2. After Scully, there's a close group of boys around the same level, so if we had the third pick at least one of our choices would have some pressure off him. If Freo had second pick, I'd see them taking a W.A boy anyway, considering there's so many up for grabs this year.

Hi all,

I will back the club, But if we lose High Draft Picks for a few cheap late season wins-I will put the Entire Club under the Microscope. They Better know what they are doing. That said Whenever I hear Cam Shwabb speak I know everything is running Smooth!

Guest JACKtheRIPPER
I will back the club, But if we lose High Draft Picks for a few cheap late season wins-I will put the Entire Club under the Microscope. They Better know what they are doing. That said Whenever I hear Cam Shwabb speak I know everything is running Smooth!

they now what there doing, this topic reminds me of one that all us hardcore fans were worrying about at the start of the season, THE SPONORSHIP DEBACLE, remember that everyone, the clubs in good hands. ;)

Agree.

But to be honest, the entire playing list, coaching staff and board could S%^$ on my doorstep and I'd still buy a membership. But hey, that's just me.

they now what there doing, this topic reminds me of one that all us hardcore fans were worrying about at the start of the season, THE SPONORSHIP DEBACLE, remember that everyone, the clubs in good hands. ;)

Yes but we Stuffed it in 2007 (Thanks Riley) I don't want the same to happen again. Particularly giving Talent up to Wet Coke.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic
Hi all,

My team right or wrong. From birth to death. Anyone who wants to throw in a membership over something so stupid as a draft pick is welcome to do it now and go follow Carlton right into the gutter.

Guest JACKtheRIPPER
Yes but we Stuffed it in 2007 (Thanks Riley) I don't want the same to happen again. Particularly giving Talent up to Wet Coke.

there a stable club now, in 07 they were a shambles, let the horse run its course,they now what there doing.GO DEMONS.