Jack Watts

jabberwocky

So Mr Watts, how do you feel about the clubs direction now?

looks almost certain to sign Paul Roos,

Geoff Walsh from all reports looks good too

PrIority pick on the way

Jesse Hogan coming onto the list

or you can go to Carlton who don't look like ever being more than a B- team

oh how the tables have turned * Laughs like evil mastermind *

• Like 2

decision now close

mfc has agreed to install personal latte machine in jack's locker

discussions now centred on brand/model and whether it comes under salary cap

Nespresso are very easy to use.

Heck even i can make a ripping brew at 6.30am!!

Push 2 buttons...Done :)

So Mr Watts, how do you feel about the clubs direction now?

looks almost certain to sign Paul Roos,

Geoff Walsh from all reports looks good too

PrIority pick on the way

Jesse Hogan coming onto the list

or you can go to Carlton who don't look like ever being more than a B- team

oh how the tables have turned * Laughs like evil mastermind *

Can we maybe not have a go at Jack for potentially wanting to leave? I'd be sad to see him go too, but there's no way I'd blame him either. And I'm of the view point that he wants a reason to stay, not a reason to leave. If Paul Roos is what keeps him here, rubbing it in his face isn't the way I'd go about it. He had every right to see what his options were.

• Like 11

He is staying

He is staying because he is one of DeeZee's favourite players [and also one of mine] and we know how to select players who will prove exciting times for the future of the Club.

He is staying because he is one of DeeZee's favourite players [and also one of mine] and we know how to select players who will prove exciting times for the future of the Club.

Thats right, but he also gave a little hint to someone i know, and asked her make sure she renewed her membership next year, with a little wink.

• Like 2

Thats right, but he also gave a little hint to someone i know, and asked her make sure she renewed her membership next year, with a little wink.

I personally would be happy as I have always liked Jack, spoken to him many times and believe he has more skill and talent than nearly every other player on our list.

He needs a new coach to help him develop physically and mentally, to harden up and to become desperate in every contest.

Add 10 kilos to his frame and a good coach and he could be anything.

• Like 7

I personally would be happy as I have always liked Jack, spoken to him many times and believe he has more skill and talent than nearly every other player on our list.

He needs a new coach to help him develop physically and mentally, to harden up and to become desperate in every contest.

It's work rate with Jack, I don't think he will ever be hard at the contest but if he can work harder then he will be a player.

• Like 2

Since when did 50-50 mean an almost certainty? Not the laws of probability I learnt in high school...

You went to the wrong school clearly.

• Like 1

Yep 96 - 98 Kegs should do Jack W, imo.. keep his versatile abilities...

now with these recent events since last night, I'm back in the keep JW grouping... as I think the new coach scenario will allow the whole group to have a change of attitude. & motivations. this could save JW's career.

It's work rate with Jack, I don't think he will ever be hard at the contest but if he can work harder then he will be a player.

I think its belief in the club, & following that, its commitment.

remember Josh hunt, was it last year, when he ducked his head a couple of weeks running? it think that was wavering commitment, causing a mental distraction, focus off ball & onto peripheral things.

nespresso wyl......puleeeze

no self respecting barista would be seen dead within 100m of a nespresso machine

You're right of course DC...that's why I went for the Kogan equivalent...half the price and equally efficient ;-)

Will need to pull finger out and work hard compete hard and play to your abilty.

Then ill respect you again as a Demon.....currently a fuschia....eh petal

Edited by belzebub59

On one hand i can see why Jack would want to leave but on the other hand I would be really annoyed because I just feel he owes some loyalty for us being so patient with him. Sometimes you just want to go up to Jack and shake him and say we know you have talent for gods sake let us see it.

However the new coach may not want him and may think we could get something better in a trade which would be a blow to his ego.

with Roos on board (well lets assume hes signed) you are now going to see why Watts went at pick 1 in the draft

Only reason he hasnt exploded yet is cos the MFC have been a joke the last 6 years and player development has been pathetic

Watts has still has a solid year, but he will be a star in 2014 under Roos and his assistants

Your/our expectations of a solid year are pretty low. Watts has been awful on several occasions. What position do you see Watts playing under Roos and what aspects of his game do you see Roos magically improving? Personally I don't see how hardness at the ball and willingness to chase and tackle should have anything to do with a coach.

Watts reminds me of Adreas Everett as a player and based on his experience at the swans I'd say that Watts is still 3 years away from being a consistent player with a lot of time spent in the reserves honing the physical aspects of his game.