Casey Scorpions v Frankston

KC from Casey

Guest Rojik of the Arctic
Fewwwwwwwww :D

Geezez its a flogging. Any stats?

Shame the seniors can't do the same. That's OK I can wait a couple of years.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shame the seniors can't do the same. That's OK I can wait a couple of years.

Would be a shock to the system for players dropping back from seniors to win by so much :lol:

Yes. The temperature's about 5 degrees and I need to thaw out.

5 degrees :blink:

Surprised jack did freeze over.

Guest Watts=Saviour

Watts seemed to find his feet towards the end, his goal was fantastic. Didn't do anything unbelievable but I'd have been amazed if he did.

Shocking conditions. Frankston looked to be a team full of kids. How could Bendigo with Essendon players be bottom?

Whelan was very good. Bartram was very good.

Miller worked very hard. Best big man in bad conditions.

Watts was solid. He's a good decision maker and good skills. Clean hands. The kids got it. I've got no doubt about his future.

McKenzie looks to be a player. Very nice hands.

5 goals to Juice. However b4 you get excited, 3 of which were charity, when we were 80 points in front.

4 goals to Miller, who worked very hard and was rewarded, WAAAY to good for VFL.

Bartram easily BOG. Deserves another crack.

Johnson dominated the ruck as you would expect, but had no oponent.

Watts was ok. Nothing to right home about, some costly turnovers, but 2nd and 3rd efforts were very good. Very smart footballer.

Whelan was hard over the ball as you would expect.

All in all, the conditions were unbelivable. First 2 qrts wee competitive, but from then on, it was just junk time footy.

Embarrassingly insipid performance from Frankston who are unlikely to exist beyond this season if they cannot amalgamate with an AFL side .

Of the Demon players PJ was totally dominant in the ruck and Newton showed an increasing propensity to chase , tackle , and make second efforts .IMO he was more impressive than Miller who also showed out against meagre opposition .

Bartram was easily BOG , and is obviously very comfortable in this environment .

I continue to be impressed by McKenzie, an unfashionable hard nut who appears to have a touch of the x factor to him .

Bail gave alot of drive , as did Valenti before injury .

Watts was a standout because of his coolness under pressure and his ability to make quick decisions with clever use of the football from either foot . He seemed to enjoy the freedom of playing on a wing or flank and regularly brought team mates into the game with an uncanny ability to make something out of nothing . He was easily the best 18 year old on the field .

Whelan was Whelan and enjoyed the freedom to move forward and kick a goal in true rover style , which is not his forte .

Bennell didn't play and may have been held in reserve as a last minute replacement for tomorrow's game . .

Edited by joeboy

Embarrassingly insipid performance from Frankston who are unlikely to exist beyond this season if they cannot amalgamate with an AFL side .

Of the Demon players PJ was totally dominant in the ruck and Newton showed an increasing propensity to chase , tackle , and make second efforts .IMO he was more impressive than Miller who also showed out against meagre opposition .

Bartram was easily BOG , and is obviously very comfortable in this environment .

I continue to be impressed by McKenzie, an unfashionable hard nut who appears to have a touch of the x factor to him .

Bail gave alot of drive , as did Valenti before injury .

Watts was a standout because of his coolness under pressure and his ability to make quick decisions with clever use of the football from either foot . He seemed to enjoy the freedom of playing on a wing or flank and regularly brought team mates into the game with an uncanny ability to make something out of nothing . He was easily the best 18 year old on the field .

Whelan was Whelan and enjoyed the freedom to move forward and kick a goal in true rover style , which is not his forte .

Bennell didn't play and may have been held in reserve as a last minute replacement for tomorrow's game . .

Haha, wow. 2 very different opinions of Watts.

I saw Bennell at training this morning. Maybe he is a late call up?

Have to dissagree on Juice V Miller though. I thought Miller threw himself at every contest, just as he does at AFL level. Only in the VFL it makes a bigger impact.

Juices 2nd efforts were much improved, but I thought that his stats flattered him a little.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic
Shocking conditions. Frankston looked to be a team full of kids. How could Bendigo with Essendon players be bottom?

I was surprised how big Miller looked against the Frankston backline when he is just a medium sized forward in the big league.

Watts impressed apart from a couple of clumsy kicks. His poise is nice to see and I think more and more that he will be a quality player for us when he gets some size on his frame. Newton needs another run in the firsts if, for no other reason, I can't see the point in paying him an AFL wage to play at Casey for the next 30 odd games. Let him have a crack in a season that doesn't matter.

Bail seems to be slowly finding his feet and did some nice things. Bartram worries me, like PJ, that he seems so much better than the rest at that level but can't take the next step.

Haha, wow. 2 very different opinions of Watts.

I saw Bennell at training this morning. Maybe he is a late call up?

Have to dissagree on Juice V Miller though. I thought Miller threw himself at every contest, just as he does at AFL level. Only in the VFL it makes a bigger impact.

Juices 2nd efforts were much improved, but I thought that his stats flattered him a little.

I don't understand how the stats ' flattered him a little ' . He either got the ball or he didn't , and the stats say he did ! There wasn't much else he could have done as a forward .

Edited by joeboy

I don't understand how the stats ' flattered him a little ' . He either got the ball or he didn't , and the stats say he did ! There wasn't much else he could have done as a forward .

All stats on ology.

Go Dees

Bartram BOG for mine. 100% effort and endeavour, as always, and disposal still poor at times, but overall a lot more comfortable backing his skills in at this level.

Impressed with Watts before he went off injured. Fluffed a couple of kicks early, but overall a classy performance on the wing.

Hughes was good again, looks a lot more versatile and well-rounded as a footballer these days. Gathered touches around the ground, good defensive pressure, and took some nice marks. Hurt his shoulder at one stage but came back on fine. Debut soon i think.

Whelan was just great, especially in the 2nd half. Way too good for this level.

PJ absolutely dominated the ruck duels; must have had at least 50+ hitouts (and i'm not exaggerating, he had around 20 at 1/4 time), but didn't get a whole lot of footy around the ground and had no influence when up forward. To be fair, very tough conditions for big guys.

McKenzie has great hands in close. A bit one-paced though, but shows promise. Had over 20 disposals today.

Bad luck for Valenti, hope he pulls up ok.

Thought Miller and Newton were just average against far inferior opposition, until their last quarter junk time goals, although conditions didnt suit them. Newton still makes some shocking brain-farts at times, and despite his 4 goals, doesn't look like an AFL player at this level.

Disappointed with Rohan Bail. Although he found more footy than usual today, was more often than not sub-par by both hand and foot. Misses lots of targets and doesn't stand out at this level at all. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if he was moved on at seasons end to be honest. Another honest battler at best.

Edited by Doggo

Two particular piece of plays really stood out from Watts today. The first one which Jaded has already pointed out, he grabbed the ball, 180% turn, side stepped an opponent and calmly passed the ball.

The second was equally classy. After some strong work by Miller in a marking contest Watts swooped onto the ball then slotted it through with a deliberate snap over his left shoulder.

Miller and Whelan proved they aren't VFL players.

Bartram hasn't let getting dropped affect him, played with heart.

Watts looked good, showing his evasiveness and class. McKenzie is like a young Kirk, tough around the stoppages and a real competitor - I am impressed. Valenti is unlucky not be playing AFL, as is PJ who competed well in ruck duels.

I agree, I thought Newton definitely looked the more natural forward... Still needs to improve his kicking for goal, although that one he slotted from the boundary was a great shot into the wind... Bails said on the broadcast he's been working on his goal kicking, and he's shown he can kick, it's obviously a mental thing, and hopefully it will improve with some confidence... He leads better, and runs to position better than Miller... Really demands the ball, and hits the ball at pace... Miller is obviously stronger, hits the packs harder, which causes spillage which creates scoring chances, but just doesn't seem a completely natural forward like Newton... Along with Newton, Miller also got a couple of cheap goals, like the free kick he got directly in front...

I keep blowing Juice's trumpet, but I think even if he's not kicking many goals for Melbourne, he would straighten up our forward line and give us a better target to kick too deep inside the forward 50...

it cant hurt having newton in the team, lets martin "explore" AFL football a bit more too. let jurrah flaot around the forward line, miller playing high, bate around the 50, and juice leading from the square, with the usual small guys running around. at least with sylvia out for a few weeks, they can try a few different things

Hard to assess the form of Casey players over the past two weeks as they have played two underclassed and underskilled sides that are at risk of folding at years end.

From watching the box today...Bartram was easily BOG in very poor conditions. Frankston gifted a number of goals through poor turnovers in the back 50.

None of the big men had much impact due to the conditions. It was little man's game and after quarter time and especially 1/2 time, played in MFC's centre and forward section. Its no wonder that MFC listed forwards got 20 possessions. Miller and Newton showed that are comfortable VFL footballers.

Watts was a class above most times he got the ball. As Bailey said when interviewed its good experience for him as an 18yo to play against men.

Whelan started slowly but got better as the game went on. But he is just an effective VFL player now.

Bails get a bit of the ball but his kicking is terrible.

Valenti was hard in and under but did not get alot of the ball. But he is slowww and I think he will be cut at year end. The corkie did not help and he could miss matches. McKenzie was active without really hurting the opposition.

In the end, the one sided scoreboard flattered a sub standard opposition.

All stats on ology.

Go Dees

Wouldn't vouch for the accuracy of those stats as it appears the poster was taking the stats off the television. He gave Valenti 10 kicks and 7 handballs but the commentators had him at 7 and 7 when he came off. The official stats will appear on Peter German's report on the MFC site on Monday.

Guest Digga

Who cares how Watts plays for Casey just put him back up into the seniors. Needs more experience of the pressure and intesity at AFL level.

Can they just give NEWTON another crack at AFL level please......SO HE CAN SHOW EVERYONE WHY HE SHOULD NOT PLAY AFL.

Edited by Digga