• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Our early draft picks

dee-luded

After watching todays games i want our picks to be as follows:

1. Tom Scully (of course)

2. Jack Trengove (didnt have a great day but could still see alot of class and skill in him today)

18. Jake Carlisle (From what i saw today is much more a complete player than Butcher and i hope we can get him at 18)

Pick ? Gary Rohan or Dustin Martin ( I dont know if they will still be available til our next pick but if they are we should grab either of them)

Pick ? This pick is tough but if christensen, collica, Sumnar, Wanganeen or Winmar are available definitely one of those boys would be great.

I would really love our first 3 picks to be scully, trengove and carlisle. Our team would start to come together nicely with those boys added to it.

Draft day cant come quick enough!!!!!!

Christensen will probably be a top 10 pick at the very least first round. So he definitely won't be there at our fourth pick.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would really love our first 3 picks to be scully, trengove and carlisle. Our team would start to come together nicely with those boys added to it.

I'm with you on today's performance, but I'm happy enough to trust BP to pick the right boy on our third pick.

Christensen will probably be a top 10 pick at the very least first round. So he definitely won't be there at our fourth pick.

He didn't show me anything today. But I suppose I can't judge him entirely on one day.

It's a long long way out. We also place a ridiculously big emphasis on the U18 National Championships - particularly this one telecasted day. How did Jamie Bennell and Laim Jurrah go at the championships last year?

It's a long long way out. We also place a ridiculously big emphasis on the U18 National Championships - particularly this one telecasted day. How did Jamie Bennell and Laim Jurrah go at the championships last year?

What's your point ? No one says it's the only pathway. But obviously the best of the best are almost certainly in this carnival.

Great waste of a post.

What's your point ? No one says it's the only pathway. But obviously the best of the best are almost certainly in this carnival.

Great waste of a post.

Cheers.

The point is simple - 4 of our previous 13 draftees from the last 2 years came from alternative pathways. If you think no one says it's the only pathway you need to read a couple of the posts above. Each year for the last three posters have declared who they'd like to take at each of our selections based on one day in front of the TV. I was just reminding people that we look far and wide and don't rely solely on this day of days where everyone (including yourself) consider themselves a drafting guru.

If you want to score points against other posters with snide remarks go bully some pimply kids on bigfooty!

We all know where you are coming from, but just because we all had these great white hopes of butcher turning into our big bustling full forward doesn't mean that will happen.

At picks 1 and 2, we should take the best available players (taking into account growth and development). If Butcher isn't considered best available, we don't want him.

BTW, your team could do with a few improvements ;)

Warnock needs to be in that team, as does McLean (if he drops his weight and improves his speed during the holidays).

Just a quick side note on McLean. I'm pretty sure it was Chris Connelly who said that he'd been restricted in his training right through the pre-season through niggling injuries and hasn't been able to do any speed training pretty much all year. Given a chance to get his body right we should see improvement in that area next year.

The game is about pace and skill I'm not convinced that Butcher has either he is definately a ordinary kick we don't need anymore of them. Rohan should go no 2 he has blistering pace good skills and good hands. I still wouldn't mind having either Trengrove or Morabito at 2 definately gone off Butcher.

The game is about pace and skill I'm not convinced that Butcher has either he is definately a ordinary kick we don't need anymore of them. Rohan should go no 2 he has blistering pace good skills and good hands. I still wouldn't mind having either Trengrove or Morabito at 2 definately gone off Butcher.

The thing that makes me lean towards Trengove is the comment in an article last week that he is the player who can win the game off his own boot, as well as doing all the team things. He seems to be regarded as the best leader of the current crop (hard to measure, but how does he stack up to Scully in that one?).

Each year for the last three posters have declared who they'd like to take at each of our selections based on one day in front of the TV. I was just reminding people that we look far and wide and don't rely solely on this day of days where everyone (including yourself) consider themselves a drafting guru.

I'd already heard enough about Scully (prior to watching him on the TV today), to know I can trust us to pick him #1. As for pick #2, Trengove, didn't have a great game, or even a particularly good game, but what he, he did effectively. From what I've heard, once again, I'm prepared to back BP to make the right decision. Carlisle is really the only player I made a complete gamble on, but it was more of a question, rather than an opinion. I'm certainly not dressing myself up as a recruiting manager, I'm more than happy to trust BP and the rest of our scouting team, to make the correct decision.

Cheers.

The point is simple - 4 of our previous 13 draftees from the last 2 years came from alternative pathways. If you think no one says it's the only pathway you need to read a couple of the posts above. Each year for the last three posters have declared who they'd like to take at each of our selections based on one day in front of the TV. I was just reminding people that we look far and wide and don't rely solely on this day of days where everyone (including yourself) consider themselves a drafting guru.

If you want to score points against other posters with snide remarks go bully some pimply kids on bigfooty!

Great timing, seeing as we're discussing the National Championships.

Bully for you.

Threre is no choice: Scully and Butcher.

If the first game (NAB Cup) next year we named:

FB: Frawley Martin Bennell

HB: Garland Rivers Strauss

C: Morton Moloney© Davey

HF: Bate Watts Wonaeamirri

FF: Sylvia Jurrah Green

F: Jamar Grimes Jones

Int: Meesen(or Spencer) Scully Butcher Hughes

I would be a very happy member.

I wouldn't

Scully on the bench he would walk into our starting 18.

Having the slowest CHB in the AFL.

An ordinary player as captain. How is kicking the ball 60 metres to the opposition leading by example Davey and Green deserve it more.

B: GARLAND, FRAWLEY, BRUCE

HB: GRIMES, MARTIN, BENNELL

C: STRAUSS, MCLEAN, DAVEY ©

HF: SYLVIA, MORTON, GREEN

F: JURRAH, WATTS, WONAEAMIRRI

FOLL: JAMAR, SCULLY, TRENGROVE

IC: BATE, MOLONEY, BLEASE, BUCKLEY

After watching todays games i want our picks to be as follows:

1. Tom Scully (of course)

2. Jack Trengove (didnt have a great day but could still see alot of class and skill in him today)

18. Jake Carlisle (From what i saw today is much more a complete player than Butcher and i hope we can get him at 18)

Pick ? Gary Rohan or Dustin Martin ( I dont know if they will still be available til our next pick but if they are we should grab either of them)

Pick ? This pick is tough but if christensen, collica, Sumnar, Wanganeen or Winmar are available definitely one of those boys would be great.

Draft day cant come quick enough!!!!!!

Are you writing this after only seeing todays games?

I wouldn't

Scully on the bench he would walk into our starting 18.

Having the slowest CHB in the AFL.

An ordinary player as captain. How is kicking the ball 60 metres to the opposition leading by example Davey and Green deserve it more.

B: GARLAND, FRAWLEY, BRUCE

HB: GRIMES, MARTIN, BENNELL

C: STRAUSS, MCLEAN, DAVEY ©

HF: SYLVIA, MORTON, GREEN

F: JURRAH, WATTS, WONAEAMIRRI

FOLL: JAMAR, SCULLY, TRENGROVE

IC: BATE, MOLONEY, BLEASE, BUCKLEY

Why do people not rate warnock?

I'd have him in there and I wouldn't have Strauss in the centre. Not from the start of next season anyway. I'd give him time to develop across half back, before throwing him in the middle.

Just watched the tape (Foxtel IQ2) of todays games and thought id add my two cents.

Scully- He will be No 1 no doubt, it wasnt just the bandage round his nose that drew comparisons to juddy.... He can seriously play, Inside players with his skill are very rare. He s work rate is also oustanding and given the attn from the opposition he receives his composure is also very good.

Butcher- This is a tuff one, picking Butcher could be a bit of genius or stuff of ridicule in years to come. But rarelydo Kpp come ready made. The other problem for us is he an inferior version of Watts, and in the modern game i think thats a worry.

Trengrove- Didnt have a blinder but will not disappoint the team that picks him. Im not convinced he has the x factor to be a top 2 pick. But good skills and looks to have a good football brain

Lucas- I like this guy, he s a great mover, reads the game well and has good skills. He s a prototype modern day player. Not top two but id think freo or the eagles will be keen.

Morabito- Id seen him once before and today confirmed it for me. No thanks. He is the player in this draft that will embarras the team that takes him high(enter Freo). I wont go on but the way he stood off contests was very soft and those that said he was highly skilled were clearly basing it on a brief Youtube package.

Christensen- he ll be a handy player but no more, and his size is of real concern

Other notables- Rohan; speed to burn and a very commited player, be handy if he slides lter on but doubt it.

Carlisle; Did a solid job down forward and showed a bit of class, he s also taller than he looks and could be a good long termer.

Martin; Classy player, did his chances no harm today, but will go after our first picks and before our seconds

Sumnar; Another with a real touch of class, always looks like he has time. Possible 2nd rounder.

Today shoed that if we get picks 1&2(we wil) then we will have scully and the chance to pick up another class player. It also showed that theres enough class to pick up a good player in the second round, and if we do go for a KPP with pick two then pick 19 will provide a promising Mid.

Guest sticksmorton

Is it just me or does anyone think that last years daftees looked better and there were more standouts to pick from.

Just watched the tape (Foxtel IQ2) of todays games and thought id add my two cents.

Scully- He will be No 1 no doubt, it wasnt just the bandage round his nose that drew comparisons to juddy.... He can seriously play, Inside players with his skill are very rare. He s work rate is also oustanding and given the attn from the opposition he receives his composure is also very good.

Butcher- This is a tuff one, picking Butcher could be a bit of genius or stuff of ridicule in years to come. But rarelydo Kpp come ready made. The other problem for us is he an inferior version of Watts, and in the modern game i think thats a worry.

Trengrove- Didnt have a blinder but will not disappoint the team that picks him. Im not convinced he has the x factor to be a top 2 pick. But good skills and looks to have a good football brain

Lucas- I like this guy, he s a great mover, reads the game well and has good skills. He s a prototype modern day player. Not top two but id think freo or the eagles will be keen.

Morabito- Id seen him once before and today confirmed it for me. No thanks. He is the player in this draft that will embarras the team that takes him high(enter Freo). I wont go on but the way he stood off contests was very soft and those that said he was highly skilled were clearly basing it on a brief Youtube package.

Christensen- he ll be a handy player but no more, and his size is of real concern

Other notables- Rohan; speed to burn and a very commited player, be handy if he slides lter on but doubt it.

Carlisle; Did a solid job down forward and showed a bit of class, he s also taller than he looks and could be a good long termer.

Martin; Classy player, did his chances no harm today, but will go after our first picks and before our seconds

Sumnar; Another with a real touch of class, always looks like he has time. Possible 2nd rounder.

Today shoed that if we get picks 1&2(we wil) then we will have scully and the chance to pick up another class player. It also showed that theres enough class to pick up a good player in the second round, and if we do go for a KPP with pick two then pick 19 will provide a promising Mid.

I watched the second half of NT v Qld as well as the VC v WA and VM v SA.

As for as I am concerned it is Scully daylight Trengove then more daylight.

Trengove, had a quiet second half but has class stamped all over him. A blue chip investment that I think will turn intoa Mark Ricchuito type - tough, kick and disposes well. He and Scully would be a lethal combination in the middle for the Dees. Morabito turns it over too much for my liking (we alreay have too many of those in our midfield). It really was hard to pick a KPP that would justify an early pick.

Can someone, who has seen more and has more knowledge than just seeing yesterday's games (because that's my level of expertise on this), please tell me if this would be a decent plan heading into November:

Scully at 1, Morabito/Trengove/other mid at 2, and one of Carlisle/Fitzpatrick/Talia/Panos/tall prospect at 18.

Which of those would still be there at 18?

I only say that because, like the popular opinion, Butcher looks like a work in progress...