Jurrah Nearing debut

Yencks

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's def got the X-factor. Did some amazing things in the VFL on the weekend. The commentators were drooling. So was i haha. We def need some spark up forward. Someone that can make things happen.

That just how Phil Cleary normally talks

Would love to see him get involved a little bit more as he appeared to do a bit of spectating at times last weekend. Having said that, he will prove to be a bargain as a PSD pick and I am hoping to see him in the bigtime sooner rather than later. Our last two PDS picks could very well prove to be inspired choices.

I cant wait to LJ play in the red and blue..... i think for many years to come that LJ and Jack Watts will combine a forceful duo down forward like Franklin and roughead have done for Hawthorn.... Exciting times ahead Demon Fans...

steady on. using franklin in the same sentence to jurrah is silly. Franklin kicked 75 goals in the afl when he was jurrahs age.

Franklin is quicker, stronger, and a better kick than jurrah. franklin has him in every single category other than maybe jumping. thats it.

I really hope he does !!! What he showed on the weekend for Casey is just what Melbourne needs (Among other things). The only problem is we will have to go to Etihad to watch him, Well so be it !!!! ;)

I meant in no way of saying that he is better then buddy, what i am saying is that after watching him last Saturday he has the potential as has watts to make a partnership down forward like buddy and roughead has.... not saying it is going to happen, it has the potential to lead to something great.....

Haha, remember on this board around pre-season draft time where everyone on here were screaming for us to draft Casey Sibosado as 'he was the new Franklin'!

Not only is he nowhere near cracking a game for an injury ravaged and woeful Freo, it seems the bloke we 'foolishly' drafted instead of him is nearing his senior debut!

steady on. using franklin in the same sentence to jurrah is silly. Franklin kicked 75 goals in the afl when he was jurrahs age.

Franklin is quicker, stronger, and a better kick than jurrah. franklin has him in every single category other than maybe jumping. thats it.

Are you seriouse? I dont think you should be praising his kicking. I guess you could argue his kicking has gotten better but its still not a high point.

Are you seriouse? I dont think you should be praising his kicking. I guess you could argue his kicking has gotten better but its still not a high point.

Fark i'm bloody excited for Jurrah to debut!!!

Play Jurrah and Watts for 8 games this season... Play 18 games next season....

By 2011, when we are once again a top8 team, they will have around 30 games under their belt and ready to make huge impact on afl.

2011 forward line:

Bate Miller Maric

Wona Watts Jurrah

PLUS- possibly Butcher

Keep playing the Kids Bails, they get more experience & at the end of the year we will pick up more Top line Kids.

I am not going to watch the scoreboard much for the rest of this year, I am one who likes to win & i don't like the idea of "Tanking" But the AFL are bringing in new teams & new draft Rules so we must take an opportunity when it comes. I call that winning.

Play the kids Bails i like what you are doing. In 2010 The foot is put to the Floor, This year the result is mostly irrelevent to me.

I wait for Jurrah Austen Watts & Pettard to all be playing Forward Together.

PLAY ALL OUR KIDS FOR 11 WEEKS.

Keep playing the Kids Bails, they get more experience & at the end of the year we will pick up more Top line Kids.

I am not going to watch the scoreboard much for the rest of this year, I am one who likes to win & i don't like the idea of "Tanking" But the AFL are bringing in new teams & new draft Rules so we must take an opportunity when it comes. I call that winning.

Play the kids Bails i like what you are doing. In 2010 The foot is put to the Floor, This year the result is mostly irrelevent to me.

I wait for Jurrah Austen Watts & Pettard to all be playing Forward Together.

PLAY ALL OUR KIDS FOR 11 WEEKS.

totally agree,

I would rather watch our kids attempting attacking football and get beaten by 10 goals then snr players grinding out 5 goal losses!

im not praising his kicking. but itsj ust heaps better than jurrah's. he kicked 113 goals last year, with many of those well outside 50m..including some on the boundary. Sure he kicks heaps of behinds but thats just coz he peppers the goals like no tomorrow. He is still one of the best kicks for goal from long range and off one step in the comp in my opinion.

Jurrah kicking is not great. He can barely kick 50metres..and buddy can do it off one step.

get robbo out and unveil this kid... tell him to play deep and elad up the guts... he is oh so quick!!!

last week was my first sighting and wow... one moment of play said a lot - the one handed pickup at full apce and shot on goal in the same motion... out on the full but... could be anything!!!

our kids are the future - robbo gives us robbo....

I haven't had the opportunity to see Jurah play this year. I have seen clips of him here and there. Can someone (who has seen enough of him) inform me of how good Jurah is at kicking at goal when not straight in line. IE his snapp kick ability either stationary or on the run. From the clips I saw of Jurrah he seemed to prefer to take the extra time to get square (directly face goal) prior to kicking which is great if you have time but time is not abundant at AFL level. Like I say I have only seen clips, not enough to get an idea of how he plays or his kicking ability when not facing goal.