Changes against the Bombers

Roost It

We need some forward presence, a team that can kick a winning score. If we load up with goal kickers.

INS

Jurrah, Miller, Jetta, Bennell (keep robbo, wasn't that bad if kicked straight. 4 goals and 2 goal assist)

OUT

Bell......

Imagin

Jetta Robbo Jurrah

Watts Miller Davey

That could be a very good goal kicking side. Miller plays his usual way up the ground, keep robbo out of the square. Could be a big score.

Jetta, 2?

Robbo, 4-5 maybe more

Jurrah 2?

Miller 2-3

Davey 2-3

Watts 2?

Thats 14 goals from a game, and they can play better than that.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need some forward presence, a team that can kick a winning score. If we load up with goal kickers.

INS

Jurrah, Miller, Jetta, Bennell (keep robbo, wasn't that bad if kicked straight. 4 goals and 2 goal assist)

OUT

Bell......

Imagin

Jetta Robbo Jurrah

Watts Miller Davey

Agree with those changes Mclean4brownlow.

Take the Bombers on at their own game with all

our indigenous boys in the side.

They will be missing Ryder and Lovett-Murray.

:wacko:

Rivers?

100% should be dropped he is far too slow and not getting anywhere near the ball. Some people have to stop looking at players past glory's and see them for how they are playing now. He has been pathetic all year. Martin is or will be a better player. Jurrah must play he is the only one who looks like he knows what to do out there.

Imagin

Jetta Robbo Jurrah

Watts Miller Davey

Sorry to rain on your parade but

Jetta- as yet not ready for AFL

Robbo - gone. Another totally unacceptable effort on Monday.

Jurrah - several weeks away, exciting prospect but don't expect much from him

Watts - see above

Davey - playing elsewhere and having his best season so he's not playing HF.

Miller - great efforts but little or no scoreboard pressurs.

Sorry to rain on your parade but

Jetta- as yet not ready for AFL

Robbo - gone. Another totally unacceptable effort on Monday.

Jurrah - several weeks away, exciting prospect but don't expect much from him

Watts - see above

Davey - playing elsewhere and having his best season so he's not playing HF.

Miller - great efforts but little or no scoreboard pressurs.

i disagree with a lot of that, but thats besides the point.

If they were to play thoes posstions they could all kick winning scores, even on a bad day could kick at least 1-2

IN: kids who will have a go and get better

OUT: the heartless bunch that sits in the'leadership' chair.

FMD. The more I think about the game , the angrier I get. Normally I calm down. That performance stunk.

i disagree with a lot of that, but thats besides the point.

If they were to play thoes posstions they could all kick winning scores, even on a bad day could kick at least 1-2

That's fine . I'd be interested to hear of your take on each of these players

That's fine . I'd be interested to hear of your take on each of these players

Jetta- I agree "as yet not ready for AFL' but as yet SHOWN he's ready. Kicked 4 on the weekend, enough to come back into the side, and easily kick 2.

Robbo - "gone. Another totally unacceptable effort on Monday." Not as bad as everyone thinks 1.3 could have been 4 goals and the run down tackle in the 2nd. if kicked straight couldn't ask to much more from a FF in a team that was thumped and played on the best FB in the league

Jurrah - "several weeks away, exciting prospect but don't expect much from him" mmm played well on the weekend, 4 goals, maybe enough to get the call. Another game like that and defiantly

Watts - "see above,” Agree but he's only going to get better, and he won’t be able to play every game this year. If he's played at FF might be better.

Davey - "playing elsewhere and having his best season so he's not playing HF. " he actually lines up at HF and then moves but he needs a break every now and then

Miller - "great efforts but little or no scoreboard pressurs." this one I agree with the most but then again on his good days can kick 3-4. and any way he's better as a high CHF leading for the team and his game

Out: Robertson, Johnson, Whelan

In: Miller, Martin, Dunn

Outs Why:

Robertson: After his tackle on Sidebottom in the second(?) quarter and subsequent goal, I thought that maybe the guy was actually starting to get the message. His tanty later in the game undid all his work and then some. For all their flaws as players, neither Brad Miller nor Michael Newton would've lay prone punching the turf while his opponent ran away with the ball. I'm happy to keep playing selection ping-pong with him so long as he keeps doing things like this when in the side. He's been allowed to carry on with this nonsense for far, far too long. Chastise yourself for a mistake, sure, but do it after trying to correct it.

PJ: How much longer are we going to persevere with this 'experiment'? He was recruited as a NQR forward, and has taken baby steps to eventualaly reach his final destination as a NQR ruckman. When he arrived at the club, we were told he struggled with the 'big man' things such as marking overhead. He marks overhead just fine now, but he's just a small trapped in a large body. I'd be more intimidated on the field by Neville Jetta, seriously. I've been waiting for five years for him to become a good player, and he just hasn't. If I were coach, I'd call him in to my office and tell him to start preparing for life after football.

Whelan: I'm a Wheels fan, but his days of being an elite stopper are behind him. Being injury prone and well over the hump of his career, I personally just can not see the point in playing him any longer. A few cracking tackles a game on its own is not enough to hold one's spot in the side for mine.

Ins Why:

Miller: I know many people here on Demonland have given up on him, but I haven't. I still think that in a good side with good delivery and a bit of confidence, he has something to add.

Martin: With my having crossed PJ's name off the roster permanently, he needs to continue his forward development in the main squad so that he can spend 5 minutes a quarter giving Jamar a break. If Spencer were knocking on the door for selection (which he isn't, based on Casey form), I'd let him continue his development at Casey, as time is on his side at the moment.

Dunn: I'm not a fan, but I get the impression the FD haven't given up on him yet, so for that reason he must be selected on merit. His game for Casey on the weekend was very good and he deserves another crack.

I'd love to squeeze Bennell in there somewhere too if fit, not sure who for though.

I said before last weeks game that i thought Dunn should play, because he shut down Dane Swan last year, and the same applies this week.

He played really well against Jobe Watson last year, so should begiven another run with role for this round.

I know people will get on here and carry on about taggers, or that Dunn should be played forward, but if it is good enough for the likes of Geelong, Saints Bulldogs and Carlton to have taggers in their sides, i can't see why we wouldn't have one. Our current mids are not winning enough good ball anyway, so we might as well try to stop the other team from doing so. We need a better balance of accountability in our midfield, the likes of Lewis, Hayes, Swan and Pendlebury have run rampant against us over the last three weeks since Dunn and Bartram have been out.

I'm biased I know, but given Liam Jurrah has kicked 7 goals in 2 weeks as Casey's 3rd forward option, I'm not sure what more is expected of him to push for senior selection. I'd certainly pick him ahead of half a dozen blokes I witnessed playing on monday.

B: FRAWLEY, WARNOCK, GRIMES

HB: BENNELL, MARTIN, DAVEY

C: MORTON, JONES, BRUCE

HF: BATE, MILLER, WATTS

F: JETTA, ROBERTSON, JURRAH

FOLL: JAMAR, MOLONEY, SYLVIA

IC: MCLEAN, BARTRAM, DUNN, GREEN

Would love to see this team out on the park in games to come, would be good indicator of what we will become

100% should be dropped he is far too slow and not getting anywhere near the ball. Some people have to stop looking at players past glory's and see them for how they are playing now. He has been pathetic all year. Martin is or will be a better player. Jurrah must play he is the only one who looks like he knows what to do out there.

BROCKSTAR5

I could not agree more about rivers. Martin has been so reliable, he has now been given 2 chances in the forward

the first one he kicked 2 goals, but they kept moving him. I COULDNT UNDERSTAND IT, he was beginning to show signs and it was his first game there

the next week against st kilda - in a longer than usual ground, tough opposition and 30 kicks inside 50 for the game. how was he supposed to do well with a midfield who cant deliver reliably.. he was basically given one shot and then dropped for watts in the forward who as iv said was merely chosen as a publicity stunt on QB - a draw card so melbourne could make some money - he was not up to it and needs more time to develop at casey

at the very least he should have just been kept in the back line against coll- who got absolutely killed in the first quarter (lack of intensity etc)

rivers form has not been good. Mind you, he has alot of friends.

lets hope they make the right decision and bring him back against essendon

After the initial bitter disappointment and anger i felt earlier has slowly started to settle, i feel i might now be able to talk a bit about the game... I was so upset at the time, and i still am, yet the wild statements i made right after the match (after a few beers) about how i wanted to drop half the side have eased somewhat. That said, if i had my way i'd still make 4 changes.

OUT: Johnson, Bell, Robertson, Whelan (inj).

IN: Martin, Bennell, Miller, Jurrah

PJ is one of my favorites and i've been a strong defender of his for some time. Today his disposal and decision-making was at it's worst- absolutely disgraceful again, and he must be dropped. Apart from one nice assist when the game was over and his 16 hit-outs (Collingwood had a total of 17), he was dreadful, just dreadful. I don't think his ruckwork was bad though, but his lack of decision-making ability in crucial parts of the ground cost the team badly! I'd like to see him go back to Casey and dominate to earn his way back into the team, regardless of our lack of ruck options. Essendon don't have a strong ruck division with just Ryder, so Jamar can mostly ruck alone.

Although Martin wasn't great at Casey, i wouldn't mind seeing him come back in as some 'big-man insurance', in case Jamar goes down, or if he needs a break. Essendon have only Ryder, with Hooker attempting to relieve for Ryder. Jamar will also need a rest, and a good time to let Stef' do the rucking when Hooker swings into the ruck while Ryder and Jamar are benched, probably only 5-8 minutes a quarter.

Well after watching the replay I definitely would NOT drop P.J. Some of his ruck work was terrific, and if he's on;ly told to kick the bloody ball instead of handballing he can be a real assett

Bell was very average and Bennell was stiff to miss out for him this week. Jamie is only young, but a future star and we need to get more time and experience into him. He has shown plenty to be excited about. Unfortunately for Bell, his lack of awarness and slow decision-making seems uncorrectable. Grimes and Cheney, whilst beaten by their direct opponents today, have shown plenty of promise in Bell's position, and in the midfield Bell just doesnt get enough of the ball to warrant selection there.

Agreed. No value in Bell I fear.

Robbo is another favourite of mine, but his game was completely ineffectual today and his poor set-shot conversion rate is killing us. Was happy that the only goal he scored today was from a free kick he won for holding-the-ball, as tackling has never been his strong suit, but other than that, no good Robbo.

Miller played really well at Casey and should return to provide a strong body in the forward line, but i worry about his ability to kick goals too. Regardless, his form has been better than Robbo's, so Robbo'll have to go back and fight for his spot. Big chance for Miller to show some leadership and kick a few in his absence.

It was an awful day for a full forward. He made one great tackle, took 2 great marks. Hit the post with one kick just missed with another. He IS a genuine forward, I'm worrying that we just pick good players, ie Martin, and expect them to kick goals.Having said that, we need Miller alongside Watts at this stage

Whelan will likely miss with injury so, my last inclusion is controversial but, i think we should play Jurrah on the friday night against the 'dons. His contribution to the Scorps win on Saturday was massive, 4 goals and numerous assists, was all class. He showed poise, skill and strong marking, and with Robbo out, he can fill that role and support Miller. I know he's just developing and is a long-term project, but judging from what DB said before todays match, he was VERY excited about Jurrah, who is much further advanced than the club had expected and was definitely close to selection. I think (hope) it'll happen.

INS

OUT

Bell......

Imagin

Jetta Robbo Jurrah

Watts Miller Davey

That could be a very good goal kicking side. Miller plays his usual way up the ground, keep robbo out of the square. Could be a big score.

Jetta, 2?

Robbo, 4-5 maybe more

Jurrah 2?

Miller 2-3

Davey 2-3

Watts 2?

Where do you score that stuff you're on?

I said before last weeks game that i thought Dunn should play, because he shut down Dane Swan last year, and the same applies this week.

He played really well against Jobe Watson last year, so should begiven another run with role for this round.

Interesting. And the match committee forgot also how well Miller started against the Pies earlier this year when he was marking everything.

And did anyone else think Miller would have been handy to offer some protection to Watts?

They chose the wrong time to send Miller a message. He's a must in after his form at Casey.

OUT - ROBERTSON

I don't think we should be dropping Robbo every second week I can't see the benefits. He was playing on a full back that has hardly been beaten all year, he chased harder and had 4 shots on goal. He made a bad mistake not to kick it to Watts but he wasn't the only one. I would say this is it Robbo perform or else against the Bombers if he doesn't perform then fair enough career over. McDonald has to be dropped ahead of everyone he's been the worst performing player all year I will be fuming if he plays.

I can't believe people think that Jurrah is still not ready to play AFL. Did they watch the VFL game? HE IS THE ONLY PLAYER THAT DOES LOOK READY.

It will be interesting over the next few weeks if the club treats Robbo/Mcdonald/Whelan/Wheatley like they did with Yze and White last year. Over the next 3-4 weeks I'm sure the club would be fairly close to have decided the future of these 4 players, for 2 maybe 3 time will be up like Yze and White.

I would love to see Watts out of the square against Essendon, bring in Miller so Mcphee goes to him and the other Essendon tall defenders wouldn't be that much bigger than Watts. I think Pears would play on him.

At some stage the club will decide play Watts Strauss Jurrah Jetta Bennell ahead of the older players with no future. Maybe not against Essendon but considering there line up it wouldn't hurt, not to many big bodies playing for them.

Jetta, 2?

Robbo, 4-5 maybe more

Jurrah 2?

Miller 2-3

Davey 2-3

Watts 2?

HOW HAVE WE ONLY WON 1 GAME? I think we should try and kick more than our average 8 goals a game before we talk about almost doubling it.