My 3 word player analysis V The Dorks

joeboy

Can someone tell me what happened with this Robbo incident?

It must have happened on the opposite side of the ground, because I don't remember seeing him do anything particularly bad...

Wow. How could you miss it?!!! The mark was up there with his best ever. Unless he thought it was touched off the boot, there was no excuse for that. Have a look at the replay. Breathtakingly brilliant, and brutally butchered all within about 3 seconds.

how can the umpire call it play on ? robbo did not put ball to boot he did not move from his mark... it was foolish but i think he should have got another kick

u cant knock the ball out of somones hands after they mark it?

You are right he did not move from his mark. Neither did the Hawks footballer cross the mark.

Robbo did not deserve another kick

It was downright dumb and selfish football from an experienced player that should know better but clearly does not.

His fixation to the detriment of the team with G.O.T.D and M.O.T.D. has cost MFC too often.

I thought Davey was very sloppy with his disposals last night, I saw him miss some targets, he might miss 1 or 2 per game but he missed quite a few.

I know this will be a one off and next week it will read Davey: back to best!

The mark was up there with his best ever. Unless he thought it was touched off the boot, there was no excuse for that. Have a look at the replay. Breathtakingly brilliant, and brutally butchered all within about 3 seconds.

The high highs and the low (loooooowwww) lows of Russell Robertson. In a nutshell.

Bate - better than most

Bennell - he looked lost

Bruce - not that great

Davey - made some mistakes

Frawley - bad but improved

Green - an OK return

Grimes - a little overawed

Johnson - smashed in ruck

Jones - doesn't know limitations

Maric - a definite improvement

Martin - not a ruckman

McDonald - good physical presence

McLean - troubled by pace

Miller - very quiet game

Moloney - down on output

Morton - poor decision making

Petterd - shouldn't have played

Rivers - not his best

Robertson - too damn selfish

Sylvia - his best game

Warnock - fantastic shut-down effort

Whelan - one good tackle

We lost the game by 22 points to last year's premiers - and, having said that, we missed about 8 easy shots on goal; yet, if you read your assessment, it would appear that we got belted by 200 - which, as an objective fact, did not occur. We were outclassed, but not embarrassed. More signs of improvement from a spirited list.

Oh please. They were 2 down on the bench in the last, and they chose to play it safe instead of continuing to attack. If they'd kept it up the margin would have been a lot worse. We were completely outplayed in the first half. It was probably some of our worst football so far this year.

People are tough on Bate, I thought he had a reasonable game. He's one of the league's leading 'score assists' players and works a lot harder than many seem to understand.

Me too. I've seen improvement from Bate over the last two weeks. He's getting more of the ball, seems to be at least a little more mobile, and he is absolutely spent every time he comes to the bench.

Wow. How could you miss it?!!! The mark was up there with his best ever. Unless he thought it was touched off the boot, there was no excuse for that. Have a look at the replay. Breathtakingly brilliant, and brutally butchered all within about 3 seconds.

I saw the mark, then the Hawks were off and I didn't understand why.

I was sitting on the opposite side of the ground, so it was very hard to see what the hell was going on. I assumed he dropped the ball on the way down, and the umps called play on.

Bate - needs better supply

Bennell - still a kid

Bruce - loose on bateman

Davey - cant be No1 every week

Frawley - good second half

Green - solid comeback

Grimes - developing well

Johnson - Is progressing well

Jones - good effort, bad disposal

Maric - has skills, needs time

Martin - maybe a forward?

McDonald - getting to the end

McLean - pace is a concern

Miller - limited but committed

Moloney - down on output

Morton - needs to harden up

Petterd - lost at the moment

Rivers - needs to have more impact

Robertson - not impressed

Sylvia - more please, outstanding

Warnock - solid again

Whelan - can play better

Frawley - bad but improved

Green - an OK return

Johnson - smashed in ruck

Sylvia - his best game

Warnock - fantastic shut-down effort

Frawley and Warnock did a great job on Frankiln and Roughead who kicked 4 goals in the first quarter and only three for the rest of the game.

Green played a great game and was totally fearless winning 30 possessions most of which were to our advantage. This after being out for four weeks with a smashed face.

Johnson had 25 hit outs to Hawthorn's total of 28 and had 21possessions two tackles and kicked a goal. Where was he smashed?

Did you go to the game?

Frawley and Warnock did a great job on Frankiln and Roughead who kicked 4 goals in the first quarter and only three for the rest of the game.

Green played a great game and was totally fearless winning 30 possessions most of which were to our advantage. This after being out for four weeks with a smashed face.

Johnson had 25 hit outs to Hawthorn's total of 28 and had 21possessions two tackles and kicked a goal. Where was he smashed?

Did you go to the game?

Yes I went to the game. I agree with Warnock. Frawley got towelled early, but improved considerably as the game went on. That's what I said.

Green played well. Hence 'an OK return'. Though I guess 'a good/great return' wouldn't be out of line.

Johnson was good around the ground. I'd like to know how many of his hit outs were to advantage, but from what I saw he wasn't proving our mids with first use.

Yes I went to the game. I agree with Warnock. Frawley got towelled early, but improved considerably as the game went on. That's what I said.

Green played well. Hence 'an OK return'. Though I guess 'a good/great return' wouldn't be out of line.

Johnson was good around the ground. I'd like to know how many of his hit outs were to advantage, but from what I saw he wasn't proving our mids with first use.

Our midfield was bad and even Sandilands wouldn't have helped yesterday. Johnson made a few decision errors but overall he played a good game.

You said of Frawley Bad but improved so it's hard to work out what you mean by improved, over his last game or last year?

Looking at you summary you could be forgiven for thinking we were beaten by 200 points.

You said of Frawley Bad but improved so it's hard to work out what you mean by improved, over his last game or last year?

Looking at you summary you could be forgiven for thinking we were beaten by 200 points.

In 3 words I tried to say that Frawley started off poorly but improved as the game went on. 'Bad but improved' shows that. These 3 word analyses are in regards to the game, not the season/career of a player.

We might not have been beaten by 200 points, but the margin flattered us, and made our otherwise poor performance look a lot better. If it wasn't for their two second-half injuries, the margin would most likely have been closer to 60. Our first half was close to our worst football so far this year.

In 3 words I tried to say that Frawley started off poorly but improved as the game went on. 'Bad but improved' shows that. These 3 word analyses are in regards to the game, not the season/career of a player.

We might not have been beaten by 200 points, but the margin flattered us, and made our otherwise poor performance look a lot better. If it wasn't for their two second-half injuries, the margin would most likely have been closer to 60. Our first half was close to our worst football so far this year.

Actually with a bit of luck our way, two missed goals by Col and a bit less their way, two goals resulted from frees and Roughead should have been penalised for hands in the back we could have been equal at quarter time. We got smashed in the middle and around the ground but our backline held them out so it wasn't all bad.

I appreciate your three word dilema.

The endless negative ranting on this, and 'ology websites could just as easily be written by supporters of other clubs. The castigation of Bates, Jones, Robertson and Maclean in particular is quite sickening. I don't know if the typists on this site actually go to the football, or just like to big note themselves with their influential opinions. If any players or people associated the MFC are foolish enough to use internet explorer to find these pages i want them to know that not all everyone who posts here supports the cheap skapegoating that passes in the name of supporters' opinion.

It is interesting to note that coaches are quickly brought down when they belittle players in public. 'Bakes' are usually kept out of the public eye, and a united front is presented to the supporters and football world. Also, after a game it is a modern-day ritual that players show their genuine respect and honouring of the opposition with a handshake and chat after the game. What you get on unofficial websites is the exact opposite. Players are commodities that can be shafted, 'traded', the works. Imagine these posters yelling the same abuse they apply on messageboards at games! It seems to be a fashion around here as to who can top who in calling Robertson selfish, McLean slow, Newton - you name it and so on. I have been going to the MCG to see Melbourne since 1969, and if i carried these same thoughts around in my head about half the playing personnel i would have given up long ago. I am pleased to say that i rode out the barren post-Smith period, enjoyed the Northey years, and many of the years since when we have regularly made finals. Sunday night, despite the 22 point 'shellacking' i would say was a good night at the football. we all know the list is re-building so what's the point in allowing these sour and miserly threads to reign unchecked?

He also had 3 clearances (more than Beamer and Junior) and 8 contested possies. Best big man on the ground IMO.

As others have already said, a midfield with Mitchell, Sewell and Lewis was always going to make us look bad.