Paul Connors on Gold coast trading and more

Rocknroll

Not sure if this has been posted.

Player agent talking about Gold coast. He directly mentions Brad Miller but says they will be targeting youth (aka Ricky P)

The hun video

I like the "next big thing in footy" Jack Watts to give everyone some hope

And says number 1 pick in this years draft (categorically) .......................................... Tom Scully

Does anyone know who Paul Connors has with us?

Not sure if this has been posted.

Player agent talking about Gold coast. He directly mentions Brad Miller but says they will be targeting youth (aka Ricky P)

The hun video

I like the "next big thing in footy" Jack Watts to give everyone some hope

And says number 1 pick in this years draft (categorically) .......................................... Tom Sculley

Does anyone know who Paul Connors has with us?

Paul Connors has Watts.

It's no surprise Connors is talking up Watts.

The "next big thing" is good for Connors' bank balance.

Sounds to me like Connors, who has often been accused of negotiating his deals through the media, is doing ground-work in Queensland:

Player manager Paul Connors says let players commit to Gold Coast

LEADING agent Paul Connors says players should be allowed to follow the NRL model and commit to Gold Coast during next season.

Should we be worried that he is Watts' manager?

Sounds to me like Connors, who has often been accused of negotiating his deals through the media, is doing ground-work in Queensland:

He quite likes Melbourne, or I should say he really liked CAC. But he thinks Bailey is excellent and that the club has a good future.

He manages Newton, Bate, Miller, Dunn, Watts, but I forget the rest.

The introduction of the Gold Coast has all player managers licking their lips. GC have a higher salary cap, and once you factor in the number of kids on their list on base salaries, they will be able to offer big dollars to the uncontracted players that they will be targeting.

keep in mind they can only suss out and approach/poach uncontracted players at that time. We will simply need to be sure any required players are sewn up at the Dees !!

Newton, Bate, Dunn....Watts...hrm

Don't worry, he's on a winner this time. Fourth time lucky ?

Also had Hodge, Ball, Judd from the one draft. And has Niknat

He quite likes Melbourne, or I should say he really liked CAC. But he thinks Bailey is excellent and that the club has a good future.

He manages Newton, Bate, Dunn

What was he thinking just before the 2004 draft :unsure:

I've resigned to the fact that Petterd will go to the GC in 2011. I think they'll seriously target the kid.

What was he thinking just before the 2004 draft :unsure:

I've resigned to the fact that Petterd will go to the GC in 2011. I think they'll seriously target the kid.

He still has to agree.

He spent the first 11 years of his life in Tassie and has more family there.

I think we rate him, and I think he knows we rate him.

I reckon he'll stay.

He still has to agree.

He spent the first 11 years of his life in Tassie and has more family there.

I think we rate him, and I think he knows we rate him.

I reckon he'll stay.

His courage is great, as is his marking ability, but his kicking is a major query. The club like him, but are concerned with the latter. I wouldn't be surprised if he's the one.

His courage is great, as is his marking ability, but his kicking is a major query. The club like him, but are concerned with the latter. I wouldn't be surprised if he's the one.

Ricky's only real problem is as you say hammering nails with his kicking. Im not sure if GC will even utilise a grab from EVERY club. If he goes he goes. The club would manage ;)

You guys set a date?

Just kidding.

Has a high ball drop in my opinion but his two banana goals this year illustrate the skills are there.

Really interested to see who, if anyone, the GC goes for at the Dees. We probably have already attempted to push those we wish to keep out of contact in 2010 to an extension.

Do we have to keep a certain number out of contact?

Because this exercise, considering they are not allowed to negotiate deals until Oct next year, may mean the equivalent of having the first 12 picks of the Pre-Season Draft - with the caveat of only being able to take one player from a particular team.

One thing is for sure: player managers will be pushing back contract signings next year as long as they can...

Do we have to keep a certain number out of contact?

There ought to be nothign precluding you ( a team ) from having all contracted up and thus precluding any poaching. However it would be possibly a gamble of a higher degree to tie everyone up in such a fashion. The other issue is whether certain players might not want to keep their options open. Thats the reality in all honesty. We may think everyone simply wants to always play for the red and blue but in reality some will be looking towards their own situations and what the future can provide. Such is life

They're definately going to target Ricky.

I love the way the boy goes about it, has mountains of courage and tenacity. His ability to pluck a grab is well above the ordinary. But yeah, as you say, his kicking lets him down a little. (Although he has kicked a couple of nice banana goals this year.)

If he goes he goes. I would love to see him stay because he is the sort of player that can be the heartbeat of the club for ten years.

But I can think of other players I would much rather see stay than him. If it is Ricky that goes, I think we can live with it.

• 1 month later...