Jack Watts = Superstar Forward

Bruce Almighty

I agree.

We are being way too conservative, which iis strange as we threw an anorexic Cale Morton out there last year.

Doesn't seem to have done him any harm.

I agree. Lets play a year 12 kid who has done 10% the amount of training as the rest of the list and play him in the seniors. Afterall he has ran around in 2 Casey reserve games and kicked 1 goal. Actually since he kicked a goal we should play him at full forward this week against the likely premiers on the best fullback in the game. I am sure he'll bag at least 5 goals he is afterall the number 1 draft pick.

I agree. Lets play a year 12 kid who has done 10% the amount of training as the rest of the list and play him in the seniors. Afterall he has ran around in 2 Casey reserve games and kicked 1 goal. Actually since he kicked a goal we should play him at full forward this week against the reigning premiers on the best fullback in the game. I am sure he'll bag at least 5 goals he is afterall the number 1 draft pick.

I detect a hint of sarcasm in this post. This excellent post.

I think you will find he played in the backline in the 2 quarters that Casey couldn't score because of the wind, it was about him getting the footy and not sitting a full forwrd catching a cold

That's exactly correct! I dont know if anyone here went to Frankston but I went for a half of the 2's and the wind would have been a 6-8 goal hurricane. If he didn't move up the ground he wouldn't of got near it.

I think you will find he played in the backline in the 2 quarters that Casey couldn't score because of the wind, it was about him getting the footy and not sitting a full forwrd catching a cold

Disco

This thread is a good example of why a small amount of knowledge can be dangerous.

So why the hell are they playing him there.

I am getting frustrated with them playing him out of position and treating him like a baby. The kid is a superstar let go of the raines and unleash the beast

'Bruce Almighty', where were you sitting or standing during that game?

I agree.

We are being way too conservative, which iis strange as we threw an anorexic Cale Morton out there last year.

Doesn't seem to have done him any harm.

YM,

Please read my thought in another post on this " is Cale Morton ready for senior football" and then recosider your own theory on that.

cheers.

Right now, Newton would be more productive than Watts at CHF.

I hope everyone prepares themselves for next year - Watts will play on a wing and sometimes drift into the forward line.

Anyone here who thinks we can plonk him in the square and kick it on his head are kidding themselves and creating unnecessary pressure on the kid and the team.

Patience young padawans, Yoda knows what he's doing

I'm not sure that he does know what he's doing, coz he has Josh Mahoney as our forward coach. And he clearly has no idea of how a forward line should function, for 50% if not more of the game yesterday, our forward line was non existant.

Countless times we ran with the ball up the ground only to stop due to no one being in the forward line. Geez we need Robbo and his lazy ways back in our forward 50, at least he's gonna be around our goals.

As for Mahoney, this guy has surely got to be on borrowed time??? Wasn't much of a player, but his coaching makes his career look like it was Judd or Ablettesque.

So why the hell are they playing him there.

I am getting frustrated with them playing him out of position and treating him like a baby. The kid is a superstar let go of the raines and unleash the beast

Couldn't agree more

Is anyone else annoyed we haven't won the premiership yet this year also!

I'm so impatient

The stupidity of some melbourne supporters astounds me, usually i'd expect this sort of moronic rot to come from filth supporters.

PRECIOUS FEW DRAFT PICKS COMES AS READY-MADE PLAYERS

They need to be taught the AFL game and developed. They need time to adjust to the pace of the game at this level.

Their bodies need to grow to the point where they can compete with MEN. Watts especially needs to be able to compete with not only fully-developed midfielders, but KPPs.

IT IS COMMON-PLACE FOR YOUNG ATTACKING PLAYERS LEARNING THE AFL GAME TO PLAY IN DEFENCE

Often they will learn the tricks of the trade by following an experienced player around and experiencing them first-hand.

This also builds the defensive side of an attacking role which has proved to be crucial in recent years.

I'm not sure that he does know what he's doing, coz he has Josh Mahoney as our forward coach. And he clearly has no idea of how a forward line should function, for 50% if not more of the game yesterday, our forward line was non existant.

Countless times we ran with the ball up the ground only to stop due to no one being in the forward line. Geez we need Robbo and his lazy ways back in our forward 50, at least he's gonna be around our goals.

As for Mahoney, this guy has surely got to be on borrowed time??? Wasn't much of a player, but his coaching makes his career look like it was Judd or Ablettesque.

Your criteria on Wasn't much of a player is flawed

Neither was Bailey , or even Clarkson

Playing ability has nothing to do with your ability to Coach

Hart , Stewart , Whitten and Skilton were champion players with poor coaching records backs up my argument

What i would like to see at Melbourne is someone who can teach the mental application and technique of goal kicking

Scott Cummings for example has a good understanding of exactly that

well.. some are showing a distinct lack of acumen as to how you go aout educating a player. Its an age old and common pratice to get a forward to spend some time in the backline as part of their development.

Watts is a class player and a star in the making..he is not at AFL level yet. Part of his journey for him is to learn better evasive skills and learn his craft from the "other" side. No need for frustration..its all good :)