Round 4 Team

Ghost

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haydo, Junior injured himself at the Thursday training session AFTER the team had been submitted. That's the only reason he missed out. The 18 that's named on a Thursday WILL play unless there is an injury to one of them.

correct... and when the squad was finalised as a team of 22, junior was left out of this team...

Foley,deledio,richo,brown just off the top of my head.

Foley is a gun.

Deledio is a gun.

Richmond have an awful attack.

Richmond have an awful defence.

Richmond have a very good midfield: Deledio, Foley, White, Tuck and Richardson.

The only player there that will need some special attention (i.e. a tag) is Richardson, I'd put Martin on him. The rest I would just go straight out head to head with.

The only player there that will need some special attention (i.e. a tag) is Richardson, I'd put Martin on him. The rest I would just go straight out head to head with.

The only one that I would definitely tag is Deledio.

We don't have a midfielder that is in the ballpark of him at the moment for skill/potential impact so it would be madness to go head to head.

You would be naive not to shut down Foley and at least Deledio.

I would alternate Martin and Bruce on Richo if Richo has a roving commission all around the ground. At 34/35 and even with his renowned tank he should battle to shake them off his tail.

The important issue is that we need to be focussed and intense in the mid field contest and apply heaps of pressure when we dont have the pill. Richmond cannot stand withstand constant pressure when they have the ball and will cough it up continually. However, if we give them too much latitude they have a number of players who like a bit of freedom and be able to play cute uncontested football that will hurt us.

We also need to close down Simmonds in the ruck.

I'd love for Rivers to play on Richo, because not only can Rivers defend, but I trust that when he gets the ball he'll actually use it in a productive, meaningful way that will advantage our forwards.

I can't see anyone else playing on Richo and being able to both successfully shut him down and make an impact on the game.

Hhhmm Doubt Riv has the tank to go with Richo when he is roaming from wing to FF, Martin would be my option on the big fella.

Messen will play another 3 or 4 games unless he puts in a Newton type performance from rnd 1 last year. Bails has shown time and again once he elevates a player he plays then for a number of weeks in a row unless they are really putrid.

Who would have thought that by Round 4 2009, John Meesen would be our first ruck?

Have to say, I'm not entirely happy with this team. Too many players on the bench that should be playing, Bennell and Jetta are lucky IMO.

Hoping for Maric, Spencer, Jones and Petterd. But that means Cheney misses out, which is unlucky for him.

Let me be the first to predict that Maric and Newton will kick a bag between them, finally starting to see traces of a conventional forward setup.

Is that a "bag" each or a "bag" in total? Even a couple each would be more than handy.

Guest petjud
Who would have thought that by Round 4 2009, John Meesen would be our first ruck?

Have to say, I'm not entirely happy with this team. Too many players on the bench that should be playing, Bennell and Jetta are lucky IMO.

Hoping for Maric, Spencer, Jones and Petterd. But that means Cheney misses out, which is unlucky for him.

What is is with some posters on here and Jetta, we were spoilt by Aussie, Jetta is having a crack every week, watched him throw himself at a Port Adelaide player and hang on for grim death at the weekend at AAMI, he created a stoppage, he is getting his goal or two, Bailey thinks this will fast track his development as a midfielder..in the last quarter on Sunday he was starting on the wing and getting in at the bottom of the pack.

Bennell on the other hand I think will play on a wing this week as well or slightly forward, he had a good game on Sunday apart from once when he got bounced by a player who was at least 10kilo heavier.

Agree Maric is probably a better natural goalkicker than Jetta, but that won't be Jetta's job in the future, and perhaps DB wants to see a bit more work from Maric this was German's comment from the Casey game last week on Maric "He played one of his better games in terms of being able to cover the ground and win a bit more of the ball. He took a step forward".

petterd v Cheney

one would have to think that Cheney is first to go. Hard to blame Petterd for inconsistency when DB is moving him from back to forward this season to fill gaps.

Looked much better in the HB line for mine, but appreciate that experimenting has merits.

Cheney to go, Petterd to stay

There is no way anyone in the side, even including Sir Colin Sylvia, should be dropped if Newton is getting a game. I cannot stand the way he goes about his footy. Lazy, lairises, plays from behind, unaccountable, poor work ethic and an unreliable shot for goal. What do we stand for, for goodness sakes.

There is no way anyone in the side, even including Sir Colin Sylvia, should be dropped if Newton is getting a game. I cannot stand the way he goes about his footy. Lazy, lairises, plays from behind, unaccountable, poor work ethic and an unreliable shot for goal. What do we stand for, for goodness sakes.

Its a fair point and agree with the sentiment.

If Newton does not show more this week than what he has shown this year so far and last then he should be banished to Casey for good.

Its a fair point and agree with the sentiment.

If Newton does not show more this week than what he has shown this year so far and last then he should be banished to Casey for good.

Problem is, of course, that we "have to" give him a go because we just re-signed him for 2 or 3 years.

Let me be the first to predict that Maric and Newton will kick a bag between them, finally starting to see traces of a conventional forward setup.

i'd rather see petterd involved than newton; petterd has done enough to warrants time on the ground.

so many half players still need to earn a spot in the afl side, rather than being gifted it. juice is the most obvious. if he kicked six for the scorps; you'd get no arguement from me.

on a side note; pj needs a drop to the magoos to run out as a four quarter ruckman. when he can run for a whole game there (not just amble 5 metres off his opponent) and show a proactive mind when he's not in possession, he will deserve another go.

until then, blood the young fellas and let them learn how far it is to the top.

Moloney named at CHF.

LOL.

Maric must play.

My bench would be PJ, Jones, Maric and Petterd

Emerg - Cheney Bartram, Spencer

Yeah, Jetta in the back pocket. Nahh I don`t think they will line up like that.

Richo would brush him aside like a mosquito.

Martin or Warnock should get the job.

I would alternate Martin and Bruce on Richo if Richo has a roving commission all around the ground. At 34/35 and even with his renowned tank he should battle to shake them off his tail.

From memory, Richo played a blinder 1st game v Melb last year, and was pretty handy. I'd start Martin or Frawley on him if he starts up forward, leaning towards Martin. Like RR says perhaps Bruce on him if he's floating around the ground. From memory didn't Wheatley play on him last year around the ground at Telstra Dome?