Three Collingwood fans charged over alleged bashing

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there too right as they were being arrested.

When i saw the kid in the state he was standing next to his father covered in blood, i went over to the bogans and started screaming abuse at them for about 5 minutes.

The cops kept asking me to go away but i refused and I kept screaming abuse at them.

My mate kept dragging me away, but i just couldn't stop screaming at these feral bogans.

I took 2 quick photos of the bogans on my phone and then rang the Herald Sun and sent then emailed them in.

I am not sure if they have put them in the paper yet, but they have quoted me from what i have read on line.

I cannot download the photos for some reason.

Can anyone help?

Can you upload the pics to imageshack haydo and then put them on here? I can't find them on the herald sun site

No photos online. I'd guess this is one of yours Haydo:

thugntw.jpg

These guys would be very very glad that I unfortunately did not see this happen as I left the ground - I dont care what the consequnces would have been, blokes like this need to be taught a long hard lesson - to beat up on a bloke just because of the footy club he supports IN FRONT of his 14 yr old son, that is just not on!!!!

Pigs - thats all I can say.

I'm not going to name the player involved in what I heard.

But for fun, lets play some completely irrelevant word association:

Fritzl, sister, pregnant

hahaha yeah, i've heard that too, but it can't possibly be true. ...can it?

I love how the Herald Sun article quoted an "anonymous" witness who said it looked like a "typical soccer brawl". They always want to have a crack at soccer. I've never seen anything like that an A-League match. Or, indeed, any of the games I went to in England.

Surely you understand the history though and the fact that while you didn't see it, it still happens?

Try going to a game in Rome as an opposition supporter. I think it was a Man U supporter on a bus that was stabbed recently (albeit in the leg) following a champions league match.

And in the UK i remember as recently as not even 2 years ago when a large group of chelsea supporters attacked innocent fulham supporters in Parsons Green, some also using knives.

Isolated incidents, but you can't say it doesn't happen.

hahaha yeah, i've heard that too, but it can't possibly be true. ...can it?

Well... My 'source' (and I know how much everyone hates that word), is adamant that it is true, and he is most certainly in a position to know.

Surely you understand the history though and the fact that while you didn't see it, it still happens?

Try going to a game in Rome as an opposition supporter. I think it was a Man U supporter on a bus that was stabbed recently (albeit in the leg) following a champions league match.

And in the UK i remember as recently as not even 2 years ago when a large group of chelsea supporters attacked innocent fulham supporters in Parsons Green, some also using knives.

Isolated incidents, but you can't say it doesn't happen.

Fair point. Just because I've never seen it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Of course, being a massive soccer fan, I am aware that it happens A LOT. But I still have two problems with that mention in the Sun article. Firstly, I saw it. It looked like a brawl. They could've said it looked like a 'pub' brawl or a 'street' brawl, but no, they felt compelled to say it looked like a 'soccer' brawl. So, even whilst covering an event that tarnishes the reputation of Aussie Rules, they try and tarnish the reputation of soccer. Doesn't sound like much in isolation, but they do it all the time. For example, making a big thing of 3 fans getting ejected from Docklands during a soccer game whilst literally the night before 120 odd people got ejected from the G during a one dayer. This builds up an unfair stereotype above and beyond what is actually accurate, negatively affecting soccer and the people who watch it.

My second problem is that the really horrible trouble at soccer matches (and the examples you cited) occur overseas. By saying that it looked like a 'soccer' brawl transfers that image to the local game and stunts its growth. And even though, as you correctly point out, just because I haven't seen it doesn't mean it hasn't happened, I would highly doubt that anything as vicious as what happened yesterday has occurred in the short history of the A League or at matches involving the Socceroos.

Err - RR i havent spotted any swearing mate. Having said that, after browsing your threads here, not surprised that they call it Strawberry Fields over here, in fact you must be the Sir Paul McCartney of 'Land yeah?

Anyway - I'll let you go as I reckon you may have an early start being Sunday and all. Church of JC and Latter day Saints?

Peace be wif you - and also wif you!

GG

The swearing was deleted.

Typical 'ology supporters. Somehow forget that we're all on the same side, and hijack a thread that has nothing to do with 'ology, OR football for that reason to snipe. I wonder, when the demons start winning again, if they'll actually be able to remember how to stop being nagging, negative, whining old grandmas? And I would post there, but there would be no reason... they know everything, and in case you have your doubts, just ask them. They'll tell you.

Fair point. Just because I've never seen it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Of course, being a massive soccer fan, I am aware that it happens A LOT. But I still have two problems with that mention in the Sun article. Firstly, I saw it. It looked like a brawl. They could've said it looked like a 'pub' brawl or a 'street' brawl, but no, they felt compelled to say it looked like a 'soccer' brawl. So, even whilst covering an event that tarnishes the reputation of Aussie Rules, they try and tarnish the reputation of soccer. Doesn't sound like much in isolation, but they do it all the time. For example, making a big thing of 3 fans getting ejected from Docklands during a soccer game whilst literally the night before 120 odd people got ejected from the G during a one dayer. This builds up an unfair stereotype above and beyond what is actually accurate, negatively affecting soccer and the people who watch it.

My second problem is that the really horrible trouble at soccer matches (and the examples you cited) occur overseas. By saying that it looked like a 'soccer' brawl transfers that image to the local game and stunts its growth. And even though, as you correctly point out, just because I haven't seen it doesn't mean it hasn't happened, I would highly doubt that anything as vicious as what happened yesterday has occurred in the short history of the A League or at matches involving the Socceroos.

I think they refer to it as a 'soccer' brawl because one of the unique aspects of aussie rules is that opposition fans can sit together and generally get along - although not always - but there is no segregated seating like in the EPL. The HUN will always play up the idea that opposition fans sitting together is a disaster waiting to happen - imagine how many papers they would sell if there was a massive 20,000 person all in brawl in the southern stand!

BTW that Odd Xaverians bloke may well be Andrew Bolt.

Yep, i saw it too. Was outside gate 4, right in the shadows of the Ron Barrassi statue. Absolute scumbags... the bloke with his shirt off was trying to make out like he hadn't done anything to the cops and was yelling at his mates to 'settle down'... not withstanding the fact his hands and arms were covered in blood and he was blind drunk. Jonesy's little borther was crying too, must have been quite a traumatic experience.

Err - RR i havent spotted any swearing mate. Having said that, after browsing your threads here, not surprised that they call it Strawberry Fields over here, in fact you must be the Sir Paul McCartney of 'Land yeah?

Anyway - I'll let you go as I reckon you may have an early start being Sunday and all. Church of JC and Latter day Saints?

Peace be wif you - and also wif you!

GG

Swearing was deleted, mate. And with good reason, apologies to whichever moderator wiped my com-post.

Just can't stand trolls like Old Xaverian.

GG - You can remain arrogant and self-righteous...

If you remain on 'ology...

Hi guys...you may have seen me post a bit here during the week. Im a pies fan.

Just expressing my regret that this has happened.

These guys are idiots who I don't even want supporting my club. These people should not be allowed in the footy, and hopefully they cop a terrible punishment.

Collingwood have a bad reputation when it comes to supporters, but i was beginning to think that the tide was turning and we were on the verge or repairing that image. Unfortunately, incidents like this destroy our image.

Hopefully, you guys see these 3 idiots as just that...idiots. This is about more than which club they support...but the fact that these people don't have a place in our society. I would not be associated with them...99.99% of people would not want a bar of them.

I pass on my thoughts to the Jones family and hope Nathan's father recovers quickly and without complication. Listening to the press conference it soudns like he was beaten up pretty bad.

I suppose as Collingwood supporter I want to say I'm sorry...but I look forward to the Queen's Birthday match which i hope can be an incident free game played and viewed in the right spirity

GG

Open your eyes next time and peer through from the 'Corn Fields'. You might see what you are looking for.

HT ;)

Note: Deletions occur in the Corn Fields too, Prince Charles.

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree:

http://www.theage.com.au/national/brumby-c...90406-9uv3.html

svBASHING-420x0.jpg

Jesse Mallinder, 24, of Ferntree Gully, appeared in the Melbourne Magistrates Court yesterday charged with affray.

Mallinder, who had a black eye, is the son of Paul Mallinder, the man convicted of shooting Kay Nesbit at close range in 1985. Ms Nesbit, who had more than 50 operations to reconstruct her face, became a prominent victims' rights campaigner.

Maggots! Good thing what goes around comes around.....

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

I post a lot on the Hun site Super Footy Forum and the 100% response from Pies fans was that these "people" are scum and that they wanted nothing more than for them to face justice. Joffa also posted an apology for the matter even though the both of us had only traded pretty harsh insults at each other for the last month or so (I am the only regular Demon). This is not about club vs club. It is about thugs who use the game as an excuse to hurt people for no other reason than that they wear different colours from the other. All supporters should be equally outraged and band together to get these "people" away from our game so a man can take his family to it without the fear that his children might have to witness this pathetic sort of display.