Followers: J.Spencer, J.McDonald, S.Buckley

I/C: J.Bennell, K.Cheney, N.Jones, N.Jetta

Emg: S.Martin,L.Dunn, J.Meesen

I like it... Go you good things!!!!!!!!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stef Martin very unlucky, play him forward I would... no Dunn means Bartram would tag you'd think...

It was explained to you in the "Team 4 round 1" thread why Martin shouldn't be picked and more specifically play forward.

It still hasn't sunk in ?

It was explained to you in the "Team 4 round 1" thread why Martin shouldn't be picked and more specifically play forward.

It still hasn't sunk in ?

hahah that was me u were discussing with.

Dont know where YM got that team from. From the Melbourne web site

Backs: J.Rivers, M.Warnock, C.Bartram

Half backs: C.Garland, J.Frawley, B.Green

Centre line: A.Davey, B.McLean, B.Moloney

Half forwards: C.Bruce, P.Johnson, C.Morton

Forwards: B.Miller, M.Bate, R.Petterd

I can see where Bailey is heading but note that Martin and to a lesser extent Dunn are stiff. Hale will play full forward and is a giant and the obvious choice would have been Martin. Martin could also have a spell in the ruck or up forward if needed. Dunn has bulked up and could have gone forward.

With Aussie and Maric out we needed a quick small forward and hence Jetta gets his chance. Bennell gets his because of Thomas and Campbell . Cheney deserves his chance after a good pre season. We are a bit quicker with this line up and it will be needed against the Roos.

I can see where Bailey is heading but note that Martin and to a lesser extent Dunn are stiff. Hale will play full forward and is a giant and the obvious choice would have been Martin. Martin could also have a spell in the ruck or up forward if needed. Dunn has bulked up and could have gone forward.

With Aussie and Maric out we needed a quick small forward and hence Jetta gets his chance. Bennell gets his because of Thomas and Campbell . Cheney deserves his chance after a good pre season. We are a bit quicker with this line up and it will be needed against the Roos.

Agree Redleg. They could make a coach of you yet. ;)

hahah that was me u were discussing with.

You were one of a few. I know who I was refering to and so does the recipient. If you're still not convinced read the threaed again.

Stef Martin very unlucky, play him forward I would...

Seen him kick? You'd think twice.

By that logic, every player ever traded ever was never rated by their coach.

Rubbish.

There is some truth to it though. Even if a working player is traded to another team for a high pick you're often taking another club's trash. What you're hoping is that player is surplus on one list, and can fill a gaping hole in your own. If there really wasn't anything wrong with him they'd have traded someone else. As it was he was the player they needed the "least."

Exceptions to this are when a player walks out on a club or asks to be traded, or to make room for salary cap. I can see both your points of view though.

Back on topic, after seeing the original list without emergencies announced, I was hoping for exactly this side to come up. I'm not sure we'll win, and I'm sure one or two debutants may have a "Weetra" like start to their careers, but the important thing is they're getting a taste. Something of an important day for the demons. Sends a lot of crucial messages both to the fans and to the list itself. Shame I'm going to miss it.

Rubbish.

No it isnt. Just your lack of logic settling.

If Thompson decide to trade Moloney and keep another six midifielders he could have traded, it says something. You work it out

Thompson made "glowing" comments about Moloney at the time he was traded. But FFS, what else would a coach say in public if he was cutting someone.

Rubbish.

Unless that player had threatened to walk when out of contract then I would agree that your logic is true. Why would you trade someone you rate? Your argument makes no sense? Provide an example of such a trade?

Backs: J.Rivers, M.Warnock, C.Bartram

Half backs: C.Garland, J.Frawley, B.Green

Centre line: A.Davey, B.McLean, B.Moloney

Half forwards: C.Bruce, P.Johnson, C.Morton

Forwards: B.Miller, M.Bate, R.Petterd

It's a ballsy team to name considering the experienced players we've left out and missing. But it adds another spice to the name with us debuting 4 people.

Unless that player had threatened to walk when out of contract then I would agree that your logic is true. Why would you trade someone you rate? Your argument makes no sense? Provide an example of such a trade?

salar cap, even back then.

To get a better player maybe? I dunno? Just because you trade a player away, doesn't mean you don't "rate him". I could name 10 players off the top of my head that have been traded for another good player that I'm sure the original coach would have "rated"

I gave 3 (Ottens, Hay, N. Thompson)

Salmon, Lockett . . .

Ottens, Locket and Salmon all requested to be traded

Hay and Nathan Thompson may have been rated as footballers but not high enough to be seen to be kept over draft picks? It has been made clear since they were traded that may have been factors outside of their football ability that lead to them moving clubs.