Jack Grimes

Demons 32

:angry: Dammit! I'm sick of seeing players that i see so much talent and hope in get injured like this! Especially when i put him in my dreamteam! :angry:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Won't be a problem if it is ONE month. But invariably when they say out for a month, it ends up being longer.

I will be happy if it ends up being a month. we will hardly notice it in the long term. stress fractures doesn't sound minor though.

correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't his original problem that saw him miss alot of footy s stress fracture to his lower back?

I really hope it isn't a related injury but I can't see how it couldn't be...

correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't his original problem that saw him miss alot of footy s stress fracture to his lower back?

I really hope it isn't a related injury but I can't see how it couldn't be...

Yes, but they're saying this is "stress related " back injury. Could be he's just overdone it a little like trent cotchin, possibly a hotspot prior to stress fracture, ie, he's sore, so he's on 'light work' for a couple of weeks. you get this frequently in footy, no big deal folks. He'll be a good player for us.

Yes, but they're saying this is "stress related " back injury. Could be he's just overdone it a little like trent cotchin, possibly a hotspot prior to stress fracture, ie, he's sore, so he's on 'light work' for a couple of weeks. you get this frequently in footy, no big deal folks. He'll be a good player for us.

I see it exactly the same - rightly cautious management of a player coming back from a debilitating injury.

He is much more important to us in the long term: i'd be shocked if the club didn't take this sort of precautionary measure at the slightest sign of soreness.

Here's the Herald Sun article..

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl...9-19742,00.html

Grimes will be back before we seen enough of other youngsters.

Pun intended? :)

On a serious note, this sucks. I wouldn't be surpised if it is a flare-up of a previous injury and the club's trying to keep that unknown. But regardless of whether it is or isn't the same injury, the fact is his development is stalled again.

So, assuming Grimes was going to play Round 1 (I'm sure he was), who gets his spot? Petterd (if fit)? Bennell?

So, assuming Grimes was going to play Round 1 (I'm sure he was), who gets his spot? Petterd (if fit)? Bennell?

Bennell is too light still i think... Wheatley? I'd have trouble finding room for him in the side otherwise

Bennell is too light still i think... Wheatley? I'd have trouble finding room for him in the side otherwise

I had Bruce in the small back pocket previous, but I think that maybe Cheney will take the back pocket shifting Bruce or maybe Green to the HBFlank.

Heard on the radio that the club is considering putting Jack on the LTI List.

Shame for the kid, but does give Valenti an opportunity to step onto the senior list for a couple of months.

Might be unfounded rumour though, it was SEN.

Heard on the radio that the club is considering putting Jack on the LTI List.

Shame for the kid, but does give Valenti an opportunity to step onto the senior list for a couple of months.

Might be unfounded rumour though, it was SEN.

I really hope that this isn't true. Being put on the LTI list before Round 1 AGAIN... that's a Round 8 or 9 comeback at earliest? Much prefer to see him play some games early on.

I WAS RIGHT! I told u all 2.5 wks ago he was injured and noone believed me!

How does it go?

If an infinite number of monkeys were left to bang on an infinite number of typewriters, sooner or later they would accidentally reproduce the complete works of William Shakespeare.

You diagnosed the wrong injury a week before one actually happened, well done.

Let me try a prediction. I bet that if you go for a one hour drive in the city of Melbourne you will come to a red light, you may not be smart enough to know you are supposed to stop, but it will happen.

• 4 weeks later...

Very interested to hear how Franky is going. I am very concerned about his injury and whether it will mean a prolonged absence from the game. If any of the pundits who go down to training spot him, a report would be greatly appreciated.

Very interested to hear how Franky is going. I am very concerned about his injury and whether it will mean a prolonged absence from the game. If any of the pundits who go down to training spot him, a report would be greatly appreciated.

All i hope is that they don't rush him back. Please make sure it is fixed 100%. He is a massive part of our future.

Please football gods give us a season without so many injuries.

Some good news!! The plan is to have Jack return thru the VFL this weekend or next weekend. Hopefully he gets thru the game and we can see him in the red and blue soon.

The info is straight from the horses mouth.

Some good news!! The plan is to have Jack return thru the VFL this weekend or next weekend. Hopefully he gets thru the game and we can see him in the red and blue soon.

The info is straight from the horses mouth.

Thats great news if accurate. Grimes is the player I was most looking forward to watching develop this season. Can't wait to see him rip it up.

Thats great news if accurate. Grimes is the player I was most looking forward to watching develop this season. Can't wait to see him rip it up.

I vouch for its accuracy 100%, unless the man himself has it wrong or has a setback this week.

MELBOURNE

Daniel Bell (broken thumb) - 1 week

Simon Buckley (groin) - 1 week

Colin Garland (foot) - indefinite

Jack Grimes (back) - test

Mark Jamar (foot) - 4 weeks

James McDonald (hamstring) - 1 week

Paul Wheatley (quad) - 5 weeks

Austin Wonaeamirri (hamstring) - 1 week

MELBOURNE

Daniel Bell (broken thumb) - 1 week

Simon Buckley (groin) - 1 week

Colin Garland (foot) - indefinite

Jack Grimes (back) - test

Mark Jamar (foot) - 4 weeks

James McDonald (hamstring) - 1 week

Paul Wheatley (quad) - 5 weeks

Austin Wonaeamirri (hamstring) - 1 week

How updated is this???

Wheatley seems to have 5 weeks against his name for....well weeks.

do you know if there is some type of preventative action in place - ie do they think they know what the problem is and how to fix it?

Sorry, wasnt in a position able to get into the nitty gritty of it, would have liked to. He is confident of playing this weekend without any restriction, reckons he is right to go. Then again the players themselves aren't always the best judge.

It is obviously not a stress fracture as reported in some of the media, I imagine it was a back strain which may have signalled that he needed to rest up to prevent the onset of the stress fractures occuring again. I guess he and the club will see any back complaint however minor as a warning sign. Be aware that I am just surmising this bit.

I understand your question and concern and will attempt to find out more.