INTRA-CLUB [DATE & TIME CHANGED] Now on Saturday 14 Feb @ Casey Fields @ 10:30am

casey scorp

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are both going to Plat (especially Jack with school)

game starts at 5 so schools shouldn't be an issue. LJ is a bit more of a concern for me due to his withdrawal from the all stars game due to "conditioning" hopefully this was just a bit of general soreness and will be right for next friday

On the Casey Scorpions website I notice a change to the match originally scheduled for this Friday being moved to Saturday morning at 10:30am.

It has been moved at the AFL's request so that the empahasis on Friday evening can be on the bushfire fundraisng effort at Telstra Dome.

http://scorpions.com.au/

hopefully the club will have something simple like a signed jumper to raffle off or something to that effect for a couple of dollars a ticket to raise some funds for the bushfire appeal. even a few tin rattlers walking around collecting a few coins. simple and it all helps. just heard 22million raised so far. incredible!! nothing will ever break the aussie spirit!!!!

I want to see it officially. I have not received any email and there is nothing on the MFC web site. I cannot go on Saturday as I play tennis. I was planning to go on Friday evening. If it really has been changed I am majorally [censored] OFF!

I want to see it officially. I have not received any email and there is nothing on the MFC web site.

It is on the website of the Casey Scorpions.

The Scorps manage the ground, so I reckon they'd know what day a match was going to be played or if the date was changed.

Be thankful, I suggest, that the advice is provided by someone (even if not MFC in the first instance).

It is on the website of the Casey Scorpions.

The Scorps manage the ground, so I reckon they'd know what day a match was going to be played or if the date was changed.

Be thankful, I suggest, that the advice is provided by someone (even if not MFC in the first instance).

http://scorpions.com.au/

Melbourne Intra Club Change of Day/Time

Due to the unforeseen circumstances surrounding the devastating bushfires that have swept through Victoria Saturday, Melbourne's intra club will now be played at 10.30am Saturday the 14th. The game was originally to be played on Friday night, but the AFL has requested all AFL clubs place a huge emphasis on fundraising for the bushfire appeal match at the Telstra dome on Friday night between Essendon and the Western Bulldogs. Casey and Melbourne where only too happy to happy to honour the AFL request so therefore Melbourne's intra club will be Saturday morning. Gold coin donation required at the gate.

In many ways this probably gives the club a better opportunity to promote itself and to promote the facilities at Casey Fields as well as to make a contribution to the bushfire relief appeal. A Saturday morning start at 10.30 am is a reasonable time for supporters (other than those who work on Saturday morning) to get down to Casey.

However, the reasons for the AFL demanding requesting the change are a bit rubbery. An MFC practice game on a Friday evening would hardly attract that many people in the first place and what percentage of that number would be going to watch Essendon and the Bulldogs even if for a worthwhile cause?

I want to see it officially. I have not received any email and there is nothing on the MFC web site. I cannot go on Saturday as I play tennis. I was planning to go on Friday evening. If it really has been changed I am majorally [censored] OFF!

Undeeniable, while I totally support the bushfire appeal we have yet another example of the MFC dropping the ball. No Email, Nothing on the web site leave it to the scorpions and the forum to inform. Or were they presuming nobody would turn up? I have taken a day of annual leave in an industry that is in big trouble ATM and probably should not have, so while feeling your frustrations I'm trying to look past my personal feelings. I grew up in the area that the king lake fire started so personally I hope as much money can be raised as no doubt many family's I grew up with have been effected by this event. Hopefully I can re-organize my saturday commitments to make this game.

One positive out of this is for those who believe in the "Friday the 13th curse", maybe its now safe for JW to pull the boots on!

"I'd like it if we could turn the practice match into a Casey Community fund raising event. Saturday Morning is a more family-friendly time to do so as well"

very well put. HG45

Undeeniable, while I totally support the bushfire appeal we have yet another example of the MFC dropping the ball. No Email, Nothing on the web site leave it to the scorpions and the forum to inform.

E-mail from the club just received.

Just got mine as well, I will retract some of my last post re MFC dropping the ball.

Yeah lighten up on the criticism (can't believe the whingeing on 'Ology about this). You'll set off RFlowerwing and Hazy again how this never happened under Paul "Sunshine and Flowers" Gardner.

TrainLink to Cranbourne East scheduled to depart Cranbourne Railway Station at 9:51am and get to the Casey Complex (where the new pool is being built) at 10:01am.

That leaves 29 minutes to amble along the road to the east (or left as you go out onto the main road) some 700 metres to Casey Fields. But just ask the bus driver for the direction if you are not sure.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.