Brad Green - loyal Demon

TonyMelb

Let's stop [censored]-footing around here.

DB, with input from those he cares to listen to, should have the absolute call on who's captain.

He's the coach after all and in the best position to make the decision in terms of what he deems the best outcome for the club for next year and down the track.

I want a strong coach who tells his players how it is.

Not how they want it.

DB, with input from those he cares to listen to, should have the absolute call on who's captain.

He's the coach after all and in the best position to make the decision in terms of what he deems the best outcome for the club for next year and down the track.

Not how they want it.

Here Here.

At last some sense!

Not how they want it.

I think Bailey does tell them how it is.

But there's also something to be said for empowering the players & the leadership group, making them responsible for their own destiny.

I know i've never worked so hard & been so focused with my work until i worked for myself.

This sort of process encourages players to work hard at being a leader in the eyes of their peers, not just the coach.

I like your train of thought, but I think in this case the process in place works best.

I FULLY AGREE WITH YOU....why would they even consider co capts??????.. McLean for me as capt with Green as his vcapt.

I reckon the rationale behind picking McDonald and Bruce as co-captains is:

They consider McDonald better 'skipper' material than Bruce. However they may also believe that McDonald may not last the year given his age. Therefore they have Bruce as a back-up who will solely lead the club should McDonald retire or languish in the VFL.

Also maybe the club convinced Junior to play on another year with the promise of captain.

I think they'll wait another year to see whether Sir Brock is capable of playing 20 games a season.

Green has missed the boat, you'd think.

I reckon the rationale behind picking McDonald and Bruce as co-captains is:

They consider McDonald better 'skipper' material than Bruce. However they may also believe that McDonald may not last the year given his age. Therefore they have Bruce as a back-up who will solely lead the club should McDonald retire or languish in the VFL.

Also maybe the club convinced Junior to play on another year with the promise of captain.

I think they'll wait another year to see whether Sir Brock is capable of playing 20 games a season.

Green has missed the boat, you'd think.

I think the rationale is also that of THE MEDIA, and therefore should be disregarded as pure speculation.

For mine too but was he mentioned in the article about the captaincy?

Dees ponder leaders of the pack

Brock Mclean Captain for me too.

I want a fresh start with a fresh captain. A youngster who'll start a new chapter of MFC's history.

No disrespect to Junior, Bruce, Green but them as captain feels like another year in transition and we're filling in time till we announce the real captain. IMO He's there already so have faith and give him the responsibility.

For all the inroads we've been making, I still can't see our club being brave enough to appoint McLean as captain next year.

I really wouldn't be surprised if we went with the weak option of appointing Junior and Bruce as co-captains again. Doubt our players learnt anything after last year's leadership group disaster.

With the immaturity level of our list, it's beyond me why we're continuing with the policy of the players voting for the leadership group.

I'd imagine that the players are instructed to vote based on certain leadership attributes of possible candidates. If that's the case, surely the football dept. are in the best position to judge these attributes.

If the players are voting without any set criteria, it ends up being a popularity contest.

Either way, the football dept. should be making the decision.

My understanding is that ``Leading Teams``who were involved with the club during the 2008 season and incidentally were with Geelong in their premiership year were behind the players voting on the leadership group. Does anyone know if they will be around next year? I would have thought their services would not have come cheap and they certainly had little impact on our on field performance during the year.

The club has been bold and pro active in recent months and I agree with others that the dual captaincy is not the way to go. Selecting Brock as sole captain will show yet another positive forward thinking move by the club. He epitomizes the passion and heart that is slowly creeping back into our club!

My understanding is that ``Leading Teams``who were involved with the club during the 2008 season and incidentally were with Geelong in their premiership year were behind the players voting on the leadership group. Does anyone know if they will be around next year? I would have thought their services would not have come cheap and they certainly had little impact on our on field performance during the year.

The club has been bold and pro active in recent months and I agree with others that the dual captaincy is not the way to go. Selecting Brock as sole captain will show yet another positive forward thinking move by the club. He epitomizes the passion and heart that is slowly creeping back into our club!

Wellman said last year that, i think, 12 out of the 16 AFL teams use Leading Teams.

He also said that its not so much that you have an advantage in using them, its more a case that you are at a disadvantage if you don't.

I'd be surprised if they are not involved again this coming season.