Mitch Thorp and Beau Dowler

Redleg

Both boys were mentioned in today's Age as being available for the right deal. It also said the Hawks were looking at Green especially if the O'Keefe deal failed, which was possible because of his high asking price for 4 years.

Could we do a deal for both Hawks involving Green to Hawthorn as part of the deal?

It would go a long way to solving our key forward problem when coupled with Watts in a couple of years.

I would rather something like this, which could have a big upside for us, than trading for bit part players who will have no influence and then be delisted in a couple of years.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From most reports Green would be looking to get almost as much $$$ as O'Keefe though... save for as many years

Doubt we'll be lucky enough for the Hawks to want him that badly

Green for Thorp straight up? Hawthorn know what they will be getting with Green. 20+ possessions, a nice left foot, pretty courageous, can kick goals. He can fill Crawford's spot for the next 3-4 years and help Hawthorn immediately. Hawthorn still have a number of kids in the queue who can't get a game. My main question is, how good will Thorp be? Is he likely to be a gun key forward, or another James Cook or Brent Williams? I really haven't seen any of Thorp at work, but I understand he was a high draft pick only a couple of years ago.

I played with Mitch at North Launceston and he played as a backman and also a forward. Will be worth it he played KPP forward and back for Box Hill and Tasmania but forward in his game for Hawthorn.

I would agree with you Redleg, but I have no knowledge about Thorp or Dowler. I take it they're forwards?

Dowler 195 92 16/12/87 3 games Forward

Thorp 194 87 25/12/88 1 game Forward has played wing and down back.

Guest Dr Jekyl & Mr Hyde

Beau Dowler used to be a decent prospect before he shattered his pelvis - prior to being drafted.

195 cm - quick and used to be pack breaking in his attack on the footy. Not so much anymore - he is becoming the Luke Livingston of Hawthorn, now being forced to play as a FB at Box Hill at times.

Mitch Thorp is a classy KPP - who made his name for himself at CHF - however now is being groomed as a CHB. Pretty arrogant kid also - The one highlight that sticks to my memory of Thorp is when (now Brisbane player) Albert Proud KO'd him with an unbeleivable right hook during a half time scuffle between QLD and Tas in 2005.

Both boys were mentioned in today's Age as being available for the right deal. It also said the Hawks were looking at Green especially if the O'Keefe deal failed, which was possible because of his high asking price for 4 years.

Could we do a deal for both Hawks involving Green to Hawthorn as part of the deal?

It would go a long way to solving our key forward problem when coupled with Watts in a couple of years.

I would rather something like this, which could have a big upside for us, than trading for bit part players who will have no influence and then be delisted in a couple of years.

Dowler is interesting, I have no info' on this kid.

Can anyone who has seen him over the last 2 years give us some feedback on his ability &/or form. :mellow:

Thanks Dr Jekyl & Mr Hyde. Beau Dowler used to be a decent prospect before he shattered his pelvis - prior to being drafted.

195 cm - quick and used to be pack breaking in his attack on the footy. Not so much anymore - he is becoming the Luke Livingston of Hawthorn, now being forced to play as a FB at Box Hill at times.

Guest Dr Jekyl & Mr Hyde
Green for Thorp straight up? Hawthorn know what they will be getting with Green. 20+ possessions, a nice left foot, pretty courageous, can kick goals. He can fill Crawford's spot for the next 3-4 years and help Hawthorn immediately. Hawthorn still have a number of kids in the queue who can't get a game. My main question is, how good will Thorp be? Is he likely to be a gun key forward, or another James Cook or Brent Williams? I really haven't seen any of Thorp at work, but I understand he was a high draft pick only a couple of years ago.

Hawthorn would laugh and laugh and laugh at that trade proposal.

Seriously - a talented young, agile KPP, who was one of the highly rated batch of the "super draft" of 2006 and was taken at Pick #6 ... and you'd think they'd trade him for a 28 year old ?

Take the blinkers off.

Seriously - a talented young, agile KPP, who was one of the highly rated batch of the "super draft" of 2006 and was taken at Pick #6 ... and you'd think they'd trade him for a 28 year old ?

Take the blinkers off.

another person that doesn't know anything about football. Hawthorn is in their premiership window now, so greens age is almost irrelevant as he could be the difference between winning a flag next 2 -3 years or losing them. same goes for O Keefe.

Dowler is interesting, I have no info' on this kid.

I'll be cautious about Dowler. Heard a Hawks player answering to fans about Dowler on the radio mid year. Said he struggled a bit playing forward so he was thrown down back and has done some nice little things.

I think its a worry when clubs talk about the nice little things as they are looking for any positive.

Big wraps on Thorpe though.

Guest Dr Jekyl & Mr Hyde
another person that doesn't know anything about football. Hawthorn is in their premiership window now, so greens age is almost irrelevant as he could be the difference between winning a flag next 2 -3 years or losing them. same goes for O Keefe.

LOL Hilarious!

So you think they'd sell out their highly rated, young, prospective long term CHB (an area where they are deficient) in the hope of 'topping up with 28 year olds' who they have already proven that they can win a flag without?

:lol: Keep them coming.

Take the blinkers off.

Would Hawthorn laugh at it?

1. I said Green could be part of a deal.

2. Thorp and Dowler have 4 games between them and are not in the Hawks best 22.

3. Green is in our best 22, came third in B&F, can play forward, back or on the ball and is a beautiful kick and a goal scorer. He could add to their flags in the next couple of years and has 185 games of experience.

4. Thorp and Dowler have to get past Buddy, Roughie, Cyril, Williams, Brown etc to get in the side, all of whom are pretty young with years left in their careers.

Hawks would be a better team with Green. Replace Guerra or if Williams goes down, they'll lose nothing.

However Thorpe is a promising KPP who would attract a high price from other clubs. They would field their offers first and try to orchestrate a lesser deal to get Green.

LOL Hilarious!

So you think they'd sell out their highly rated, young, prospective long term CHB (an area where they are deficient) in the hope of 'topping up with 28 year olds' who they have already proven that they can win a flag without?

:lol: Keep them coming.

ummm they picked up stuart dew who was one of the hawks best players in the GF and was the hawk that turned the match in their favour. They picked him up when he was fat, unfit and 140kg.

Mitch Thorp is a freak, if there is any way we can possibly get him, do it right now. Only isn't best 22 right now because of injuries.

Was speaking to a bloke from work who is a mad Hawks fan, says the kid is an absolute star in the making and he would be shattered to see him go, would rather Roughy leave than Thorp. He followed this up by saying these words "although I must admit, if you got him and then Watts in the draft, the Dees would be scary in 3 years time"

1. I said Green could be part of a deal.

2. Thorp and Dowler have 4 games between them and are not in the Hawks best 22.

3. Green is in our best 22, came third in B&F, can play forward, back or on the ball and is a beautiful kick and a goal scorer. He could add to their flags in the next couple of years and has 185 games of experience.

4. Thorp and Dowler have to get past Buddy, Roughie, Cyril, Williams, Brown etc to get in the side, all of whom are pretty young with years left in their careers.

I think I'd be inclined to keep our picks for the draft & take the kids.

Guest Dr Jekyl & Mr Hyde
ummm they picked up stuart dew who was one of the hawks best players in the GF and was the hawk that turned the match in their favour. They picked him up when he was fat, unfit and 140kg.

You're not very bright are you?

Stuart Dew was taken at Pick #45 in the 2007 Draft - which was their 3rd Round Selection.

That's a bit different from acquiring a mature aged player through a direct swap for a promising, young gun KPP that they took at Pick #6 in the Super Draft of 2006, and have put 2 years of development into.

Ssssshhhhhh...you're embarrassing yourself. Saying someone else knows nothing about football and then defending a trade that is SO FAR off the mark it's ridiculous really makes you look like a fool.

If Hawthorn are really going to trade Thorp (and it's not just another [censored] rumour, which it probably is) then they will be getting about 10 teams falling over themselves to get him and an offer of a straight swap of Green wouldn't get past the secretary.