Todd Viney?

Sir Why You Little

Any idea how long Todd is contracted to the Dawks? He is one person we definately need back Home.

I am not suprised that Hawthorn have once again become mean & nasty again. It's also the way Todd played.

A true Hard Nut. The MFC needs Viney teaching our midfield

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sooner he comes back to the club in any capacity the better. You are right WYL the hawks ahve become one of the toughest teams and im sure most of it would be put down to Viney

I was staggered at the Hawks Toughness last Saturday. That is what we have to aim for. Don't forget Clarkson & Viney played together for two years at the MFC. Both were Tough.

Priority Jimmy-Get Todd Back Home, Can we use our no. 1 Draft Pick!!!!!

The sooner he comes back to the club in any capacity the better. You are right WYL the hawks ahve become one of the toughest teams and im sure most of it would be put down to Viney

Heard a comment on Saturday that many of the hard nut Hawk mids were drafted while Brereton was in charge of Football dept - and he insisted on toughness being a criteria.

They certainly play with mongrel. Will be interesting to see if they control it against the cats. Last year they totally lost it against the kangas in the final they lost; 3? reports.

Rubbish. They've been building this side of their game ever since the line in the sand game against Essendon a few years ago when Brereton fired them up in the rooms at half time. Vandenberg was a dud but he instilled this ethos as captain. Clarkson is a tough bugger as is Hardwicke. Viney is another part of the puzzle, but you do the others a disservice to give him the bulk of the credit.

Heard a comment on Saturday that many of the hard nut Hawk mids were drafted while Brereton was in charge of Football dept - and he insisted on toughness being a criteria.

They certainly play with mongrel. Will be interesting to see if they control it against the cats. Last year they totally lost it against the kangas in the final they lost; 3? reports.

They won't give a stuff about getting reported on Saturday-I am tipping a very Brutal Game. If the Cats win Back to Back they will sure earn it. Luke Hodge set an example last week. Blood will be spilt just like the Classic of '89. (The Greatest game of Pure Aussie Rules i have ever witnessed) I Hope all of the MFC watch it closely.

not just viney- clarkson and hardwick were both tough nuts in their days

i wouldve chosen hardwick after bailey as the new melbourne coach

but agreed- get viney back to the club..his son might be playing there in 7 years or so

not just viney- clarkson and hardwick were both tough nuts in their days

i wouldve chosen hardwick (after) before bailey as the new melbourne coach

Me too. Apart from skill and talent (sic), MFC needs steel and hardness.

Hawks are the bench mark now! Hardwick is a coach in waiting. Viney should be acquired by us immediately. Good mates with Clarko and would be sure he would want to go back to back with the Hawks. He will come back, just a matter of when!

OUT: Williams

That will do for a start. Backs have come on, forwards shown a bit with little opportunity, rucks have come on.

Mids? Ratsh*t. WILLIAMS OUT. :angry:

Actually, the more I think about it, the more convinced I am. Crap delivery to forwards. No defensive pressure on opposition mids delivery. Every time our backs get it out, it comes back faster.

Our midfield is largely non-functional. Williams must go.

Guest TheVoice

Ahh yes, I remember the days of the bullocking number 12 wrestling the ball from a pack of mere mortals, leaving broken limbs and destruction in his wake.

Please come back toddy, we need your brutal, barbarianism ways in our wayward centre unit. Maybe you could mould a young brock, jones or moloney into a

younger version of you and transform our midfield into a much feared, bone crunching, machine much like yourself. Maybe Todd, with the help of stinger, could

inform our young men on how to aquire some half decent pipes like the ones they used to parade around back in the day.

Rubbish. They've been building this side of their game ever since the line in the sand game against Essendon a few years ago when Brereton fired them up in the rooms at half time. Vandenberg was a dud but he instilled this ethos as captain. Clarkson is a tough bugger as is Hardwicke. Viney is another part of the puzzle, but you do the others a disservice to give him the bulk of the credit.

Agree. This thread suffers from a bad case of hype.

That will do for a start. Backs have come on, forwards shown a bit with little opportunity, rucks have come on.

Mids? Ratsh*t. WILLIAMS OUT. :angry:

Actually, the more I think about it, the more convinced I am. Crap delivery to forwards. No defensive pressure on opposition mids delivery. Every time our backs get it out, it comes back faster.

Our midfield is largely non-functional. Williams must go.

Agree. High^5. Fresh coat of paint and a bit of mongrel. I'd like the midfield to return to the vein of form when Ratten was assistant.