• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Adam Thomson

Apocalypse XXXI

I have a feeling that we will make a player swap offer to Port for him..... We would not be keen to give up too many draft picks, but I think DB would be keen to grab this kid..... Put it this way.... If DB doesn't put in a big effort to grab him, then he is not any good....

Living in Adelaide, I can tell you all that the Port Power fans are fuming!!! I would say that 80% of Power fans have huge wraps on this kid and are devestated that he has not been given a good go by Chocco.... Graham Cornes said on the radio this afternoon that his son Chad had even spoken to him about how dissapointing it would be if he left the club....

The only draw back, that I can see, is that his disposal by foot is sometimes not at a really high standard.... But his disposal by hand is next to freakish!! Have seen a fair few of his games for Sturt this year and they have used him in a midfield/forward role where he has kicked 20 goals in 13 matches....

The kid has some talent and has struggled to break into a strong Port Power midfield this year.....

DB will IMHO make a big play for him..... Worth a 2nd round pick or a trade....

he's out of contract and wants out to come back to vic- i'd say we'll get him cos of bailey- if he rates thomson that is.

he seems to be pretty good, and port are pretty upset that he's leaving.

He was drafted from Sturt (from the Wisbey summary). What's the Vic connection?

Guest skipper3

To all of those people wondering if Adam Thomson is a good player or not - rekon DB will have a pretty good idea of what type of player he is.

Remember - Geelong, Hawthorn & Sydney have quite a few "in & under midfielders" & look how well they go as midfield units. (Not saying that we are were they are - but maybe ......... we might be some day).

MAYBE BELL FOR THOMSON AND BENTLEY.

You must rate Bell pretty highly... even though Port & the Crows seem to want him, i doubt they rate him THAT highly.

Maybe Bell and say pick 19... I'd actually consider that one. Nah, bugger it, i'd take it.

You must rate Bell pretty highly... even though Port & the Crows seem to want him, i doubt they rate him THAT highly.

Maybe Bell and say pick 19... I'd actually consider that one. Nah, bugger it, i'd take it.

I don't agree with 19. IMO pick 35.

Bell is a regular who has over 60 games of experience, while the other two are bit players who have 40 games between them and have played about 5 games each this year. No way in the world would pick 19 be part of that deal.

Pick 19 is to be used to get the third of our young future stars, not wasted.

For anyone thats interested, here's Colin Wisbey's draft profile of the player

---------------------------

Adam Thomson (Sturt)

183/82 mid-age right foot (has other foot if nec).

*STYLE LIKE: Fairly pacy version of Simon Black

*TRADEMARK:

- Clean hands get under great pressure inside traffic then lightning, often look-away, feed straight to team mate in the clear.

*SUMMARY ASSESSMENT, RECOMMENDATION:

- Is defined by his ability inside traffic. Brilliant. Great hands - getting & delivering, typically inside traffic under great pressure, often look-away. Extremely clean, reliable & creative. Very rarely gets impeded from delivering an accurate feed. A Simon Black type with similar efficiency, more pace. The best hands, vision, decision-making and efficiency in-close that I have seen in the past few years.

- I rate him very highly. In fact I have him at 8. He won't go that early but I expect him to go around early 2nd round. Definite AFL. If I had any pick after #7 I would take him with it ... in a heartbeat.

*HURT FACTOR (Offensive/Defensive/Negative):

- All excellent.

*DISPOSAL:

- Very high Hurt Factor, especially by hand.

- Predominantly feeds.

- Brilliant by hand - extremely quick, accurate and displays incredible vision. Dynamite. Also master of the accurate look-away feed.

- Kicking is also quite reliable although not in the same league as his feeds

- Good power and depth in his kicks.

- Kicking style is reasonable, although he tends to fall back a fair way when he kicks. Fairly economical action.

- Not a noted goalkicker but is reasonably reliable at goal without being a sure thing.

*DECISION-MAKING, SMARTS:

- Terrific inside traffic, especially centre bounce, even under the greatest of pressure. Clean to get, quick, clean, reliable and creative to feed off. Exceptional "6th sense" vision and quick decision-making response to same. In short, extremely efficiently creative.

- Excellent poise. "Always" looks for an option.

- Reads both play and ball very well. Roves the ruck contest and the spill well.

- Officially only credited with only 3 HBGs for the entire U18 Champs but, by my definition of HBG being a possession gained under great pressure, a very high percentage of his possessions are HBG.

- Very unselfish Occasionally too much so, looking for a team mate when he might be better advised to carry the ball or shoot for goal himself.

- Never seems to lose his cool. Is controlled, no-fuss professional.

*HANDS:

- Very clean, all levels. Shines under great pressure and inside congestion.

*OVERHEAD MARKING:

- Not a feature of his game but he is reliable and has good judgement. U18 Champs stats have him at no contested marks out of 11 but that stat is not representative. He can be relied upon to take at least a 50/50 contested mark.

*ATHLETICISM:

- Good pace, although he seldom uses it and is not super quick. Not a noted ball carrier.

- Very agile.

- Covers plenty of ground yet doesn't look peak fit, just looking at his body. I suspect he has a fair bit of scope to harden his body and lift his fitness even further, perhaps even improving his already fairly good speed a bit in the process. Nevertheless he runs a game right out.

- Good recovery agility.

- Good reflexes.

- Very good balance. When tackled, keeps his arms free and keeps his feet. Rides a bump well.

- Evasion is good although he feeds off so quickly and doesn't often try to carry the ball, so it isn't on show very often.

- Displays a huge unaided leap on occasions.

*INTENSITY, ETHIC:

- Covers a lot of ground and at good energy.

- Attacks both man and ball well.

- Fierce and effective tackler. Does often tend to throw himself to the ground with the tackle though. Does quite a few smothers.

- Although first and foremost a play-creator, he is also very good defensively within traffic, especially centre bounce, often stifling an opponent's attempted clearance. I don't have a handle on his accountability in a flank role but he is certainly accountable to the nearest opponent.

- Does the 1%ers eg will run in from 15m away to lay a very physical block.

- Courageous.

*CONSISTENCY:

- Very consistent, both game to game and within a game.

*AFL VERSATILITY:

- Is a natural inside onballer, with better pace than those types usually have, so you would want to make the most of his attributes in that role. I think he can even play that role in his first year. He is gifted in that role. Other than that, could play anywhere down the flanks. Could potentially be a good AFL BP but you would lose the benefit of his superior prime attributes if you didn't play him onball.

*SCI (SCOPE FOR CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT):

- Normal.

*QUERY:

- Nothing of significance.

*SOME STATS:

- Stats summary '04 U18 Champs:

Averaged 16 disposals and 3.7 marks in his 3 games. (Best TD 19).

Kicks to feeds: 18-29 (1:1.6).

Kicks long vs short: 9-4 (2.3:1).

Kicking accuracy: 5/18 ineffective incl 3 clangers.

Handball accuracy: 2/29 ineffective incl 0 clangers.

Total accuracy: 7/47 ineffective incl 3 clangers.

Gets own ball?: 20/47TD were HR. 3 HBG.

S.P. clearances: 8 incl 7 BU incl 6 CBC.

Tackles: 6

Marking: 0 of 11 were contested.

*OTHER STUFF:

- Reserves '04.

- Had been listed as 180/78 but '04 DC measured 183/82

is he still lead singer of "screaming jets" ? :mellow:

Guest skipper3

Adam Thomson (actually Thompson) was the lead singer of :" Chocolate Starfish" not "Screaming Jets".

FWIW - The kid sounds really good, but i agree with Bailey & Deeflog; picks 1, 17 & 19 are totally off limits!!

is he still lead singer of "screaming jets" ? :mellow: