Melbourne v Richmond - teams and preview

H_T

Hope Benny puts in a pearler.

I hope the Old Dirty B@stard (Grimes) gathers the ball from back pocket, one bounces, blind turns Richo, delivers to White in the middle who takes a huge hanger over Simmonds in the centre sq, White then handballs off to cale who handballs to OOOOZZZZEEEE who drills (....) a pass to Dutchy. Dutchy then calmly slots the winning goal after the siren!!

martin out.

we have have frawley, garland, warnock, and carroll named on the ground. yes frawley can play medium but we have wheatly, gren and bell playing that role, and wheeland as a small. a plethora of tall backs there.

newton to stay because the forward line is short.

grimes, morton, holland, wheatly on the bench for mine, however it wouldn't surprise me if someone from the field comes out and newton plays as a tall forward.

i think there is a chance that holland will ruck, as white cant do it by himself anymore.

I would say they dropped Jamar to enable Martin to stay in the side AND play Dutchy. This way Martin and White can ruck, and Holland can replace Newton and dazzle us with his incredible guns and divine kicking ability :D

I would say they dropped Jamar to enable Martin to stay in the side AND play Dutchy. This way Martin and White can ruck, and Holland can replace Newton and dazzle us with his incredible guns and divine kicking ability :D

quite possible...

4th win of the season (all be it i hope not).... if i'm this excited after the year we have had then I hate to think what the players are like... will be jumping out of their skin!

interchange for mine... grimes, morton, wheatly, holland

That's what I think. However I did hear the other day that Carroll played in the ruck for Sandy, and he's named at FB (which I guess means he definitely is in), so maybe he might ruck a bit.

:o I thought guns were outlawed?

4th win of the season (all be it i hope not).... if i'm this excited after the year we have had then I hate to think what the players are like... will be jumping out of their skin!

interchange for mine... grimes, morton, wheatly, holland

That's my bench too, Holland to give White a couple of minutes rest at the end of the quarters then say farewell to footy.

Congratulations to Nathan Jones as he will be playing his 50th AFL game for the club.

I think people forget how much improvement is left in this guy!

Champion bloke

Carroll will be here next year unless traded.

Broken record time here Nasher....

Grimey's debut

Quote from the article:

"As the club farewells stalwarts Jeff White and Adem Yze - and is expected to delist Nathan Carroll and big man Ben Holland - Dean Bailey's youth plan continues with the introduction of Grimes."

Broken record time here Nasher....

Grimey's debut

Quote from the article:

"As the club farewells stalwarts Jeff White and Adem Yze - and is expected to delist Nathan Carroll and big man Ben Holland - Dean Bailey's youth plan continues with the introduction of Grimes."

Amazing Kit. Posted 2 minutes earlier than the time John Clark posted it on Sportal! :D

Is John Clark on the money here? Carroll delisted?

carrol is contracted for next year. i think delisting is a good move however.

and could explain the elevation for one last game. he was bog in the ruck last week. he certainly wont play in the ruck at afl, unless they intend on trialling him there to see if he can make up for his lack of height with g and d once the ball comes to ground.

THE DAY THE SKY FELL by JVM Sadly, I doubt that their farewell will be on a winning note but it should, at least, be a close one. Richmond by 13 points in another meaningless game in what for Melbourne has been a meaningless season.

Do you really mean that? :rolleyes:

THE TEAMS

MELBOURNE

Backs Matthew Whelan Nathan Carroll Daniel Bell

Half backs James Frawley Matthew Warnock Colin Garland

Centreline Cameron Bruce James McDonald Brad Green

Half forwards Ricky Petterd Brad Miller Simon Buckley

Forwards Addam Maric Colin Sylvia Adem Yze

Followers Jeff White Clint Bartram Nathan Jones

Interchange Jack Grimes Ben Holland Cale Morton Paul Wheatley

Emergencies Stefan Martin Michael Newton Shane Valenti

In Nathan Carroll Jack Grimes James Frawley Ben Holland Addam Maric Ricky Petterd

Out Matthew Bate Lynden Dunn Mark Jamar Stefan Martin Michael Newton (all omitted) Austin Wonaeamirri (hamstring)

New Jack Grimes (Northern Knights)

RICHMOND

Backs Chris Newman Will Thursfield Kelvin Moore

Half backs Jay Schulz Luke McGuane Jordan McMahon

Centreline Matthew Richardson Shane Tuck Brett Deledio

Half forwards Matt White Joel Bowden Richard Tambling

Forwards Shane Edwards Jack Riewoldt Trent Cotchin

Followers Troy Simmonds Kane Johnson Nathan Foley

Interchange Daniel Jackson Mitch Morton Adam Pattison Greg Tivendale

Emergencies Daniel Connors Dean Polo Alex Rance

In Adam Pattison Greg Tivendale

Out Tristan Cartledge Daniel Connors (both omitted)

Like-for-like changes are mostly positive, given the form of the players dropped:

Maric for Wonaeamirri

Petterd for Bate

Grimes for Dunn

Holland for Newton

Frawley for Martin

Carroll for Jamar //well, Carroll played in the ruck on the weekend ;)

Guest fatty
How does delisting him work? Would that mean we pay out his contract till end 2009?

Probably.

Whilst his off-field indiscretions have been well documented and rumours exist that he has been shopped around in the past, this is the first public statement with respect to Nathan Carroll's future. I would have thought that given he is still contracted and if we can't trade him, would there be any benefit to de-listing him? He'd be okay as back-up in a developing squad.

Could be that we're going very deep into the draft this year.

RISING STAR WATCH!!

Current top three performances for round 22 by rising star elgibile players who have not yet been nominated -

Marcus Drum (freo) - 24 posessions, 4 tackles.

Clayton Hinkley (freo) - 18 posessions, 1 tackle.

Robert Gray (Port) - 17 posessions, 1 tackle, 3 goals.

Marlon Motlop, Albert Proud and Lachlen Hansen did alright, too. But the rest of the performers have already been nominated this year.

Our Nomination-eligible players vs Richmond include

Simon Buckley

Jack Grimes

Ricky Petterd

Addam Maric

James Frawley

Emg: Michael Newton

Surely one of these fellas can grab it and take us to four nominees for the season?

I know it's not such a big deal and all, but having so many nominees in a season is at least a symbolic statement.