Brad Green value on the market?

Neita3000

they have PERMISSION, it doesn't say anywhere that they MUST pay that percentage only.

Its rubbish

incorrect....

MFC has been told that it should reduce in TPP from 100% currently (how the fark!!!) down to 92.5%.

It has been told this because paying anything above 92.5% when you're dead last for 2 years is complete and utter mis-management.

MFC has applied for $1.5M is assistence from the afl, and thus, in order to prove MFC is managing its finances properly. this is one of the requirements.

Most importantly, every club MUST pay atleast 92.5% of the cap. MFC has gotten no permission otherwise.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

incorrect....

MFC has been told that it should reduce in TPP from 100% currently (how the fark!!!) down to 92.5%.

It has been told this because paying anything above 92.5% when you're dead last for 2 years is complete and utter mis-management.

MFC has applied for $1.5M is assistence from the afl, and thus, in order to prove MFC is managing its finances properly. this is one of the requirements.

Most importantly, every club MUST pay atleast 92.5% of the cap. MFC has gotten no permission otherwise.

I stand corrected. I didn't realise it was a condition of the assistance payment

I think Sylvinator summed it up perfectly. How on earth we are currently at 100% TPP is mis-management and unbelievable.

back-ended contracts I would've thought.

Seems like Hawks have the right idea though with front-ended contracts for the better players while they are still on the up.

Pity we don't have the finances.

Guest McLean2Maric
Try SEN, not Essendon.

We should do a deal with Freo and allow Green and Warnock to go into the PSD. We pick up Warnock and they can have Green.

I seriously doubt Freo would want Green, I think they realise by now theyre nowhere near a premiership and learn from A LOT of previous recruiting mistakes. :lol:

Also wouldnt it just be better to do a straight swap Green for Warnock and keep our PSD picks?

same mate.

Does not help with Green making this decision with 1 day to go in Trade week.

Not saying for sure he has made his decision but just not nice to wait this long anyway before making an announcement.

I expected more from Mr Green.

Does not help with Green making this decision with 1 day to go in Trade week.

Not saying for sure he has made his decision but just not nice to wait this long anyway before making an announcement.

I expected more from Mr Green.

Me too mousey, but I honestly believe that there is a hell of a lot more going on here than we will ever know about......

Its easy for us to sit way on the outer and say that he should do this and that, but we really have no clue what is going on with him, his manager, the club, or the coach. He may have a real dislike for something going on, he may feel totally unappreciated and disrespected (which wouldn't be way outside the realm of possibility). And maybe he is weighing up his options because of any number of reasons we will never and should never be privy to.

Gutting him for doing this shows a staggering lack of understanding. People think players shouldn't be able to look after their futures, and at this time of year seem to think that they should only care about the love of the jumper, despite the fact a club can trade them out just as quickly. That is all well and good once in contract, but everyone has to the right to look for something they think could be better if they are not happy, or not being looked after or whatever the issues may be.

I honestly don't know, but the money and length of contract seem to be from the outside fine, the fact that the club has moved and there is still no decision, seems to me to indicate (either rightly or wrongly) that there are other issues in his head. And the Collingwood statement came as an "if, but, or maybe" from a radio station that seems to report on anything and everything without hitting too much, so lets not hurl abuse at Greeny, well ever or until we have an actual fact to hold onto.

Just my opinion :) !!!

green can eff off for all i care now

make your mind up son

offload him for a pick. i dont care if its pick 20 anymore, he can go.

Charming.....

make your mind up son

For all we know, there may be a deal struck between Green and the MFC that they will try and broker a deal for him that benefits both him and the club,but if the club can't secure a fair deal, then maybe Green has agreed to sign the contract we have put to him.

For all we know, there may be a deal struck between Green and the MFC that they will try and broker a deal for him that benefits both him and the club,but if the club can't secure a fair deal, then maybe Green has agreed to sign the contract we have put to him.

But I think that is the point Jerry, we don't know, we are going insane not knowing, and some folk simply want to believe the worst of one of our own.

The catch us, it is not our business to know, it is his and the clubs, and until there is something factual to believe I am willing to stay in limbo.

......that is without judgement or condemnation for something we simply aren't privy to.

If Green goes for Pick 29 i will kill somebody.

Absolutely!

make your mind up son

Clearly you've never had a job.

I like Brad Green as a player, and hope he stays at the MFC.

But if he doesn't, and wants to finish his career somewhere else, then good luck to him.

So long as the club receives a fair trade for him, then I don't see the problem.

If it was simply a fact of not liking the club, he would have left long ago!

:lol: Unbelievable isn't it!

Assumng 09 salary cap (and my limited maths) is 7.3 mil , paying 92.5% only reduces TPP maximum by $650,000 which taking into account half of Neita and Oozes 08 salaries plus all of White and Holland and (fingers crossed) Carroll and the end of our subsidy of Johnstone's Brisbane contract means that we should be struglling to make 92.5% not be struggling to get down to it.

green should be lucky to get 2 year deal from any club let alone 3 yr deal

trade him for whatever we can get he will not be in our next finals tilt anywhere in the twenties i will be happy to take

I wont be mad if Green wants to leave.

I would to if I was in his position. So I will back him 100%.

Hes been treated very ordinary by the MFC.

never thought id agree with yze magic but yes he has been very poorly treated. i rate him as our only a grade player. should have won B&F, should have been captain this year, and was haggled over a 3 year contract, despite having never had any real injury concerns.

i would understand if green left. most think this has been the only year he's backed back into packs and shown true courage, ive noticed for years, but many lose sight of the facts because he celebrates when he kicks goals.

i just hope we dont get dudded, due to his inability to make a decision about his future.