Brad Green value on the market?

Neita3000

Brad Green is better than O'Keef. Whats O'Keef asking? I dont blame Green if he leaves by the way hes been treated and, some of the posters on here want to trade our BEST! player? He is our best bar none. Give him 3, look after him give him the captiancy. He deserves it and wont let us down.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brad Green is better than O'Keef. Whats O'Keef asking? I dont blame Green if he leaves by the way hes been treated and, some of the posters on here want to trade our BEST! player? He is our best bar none. Give him 3, look after him give him the captiancy. He deserves it and wont let us down.

I think its safe to say that there is no possible way Brad Green will be captain of Melbourne next year.

It's probably been mentioned elsewhere but is there any chance of

O'Keefe to Hawks

Green to Swans

Pick 16 to Demons?

Yes, the Greener pastures thread....here is what I said: -

I'm tipping a three-way deal here. More than likely I will be wrong . But I will go out on a limb and take a 'speculative' stab at it: -

O'Keefe to Hawthorn

Green to Sydney and Melbourne's third round pick (35)

Hawks first round draft pick (16) to Melbourne, and second round pick (34?) to Sydney

I'll await the critics.....

Feel free to comment, is it a win-win-win?

edit:

fwiw here is the LINK

Note: Roos wants a first round draft pick for O'Keefe. So the above probably won't happen. What goes to Sydney is Green + 2nd & 3rd round picks..

You can't do that, Beetle. Once he goes into the PSD, he nominates his price.

no no no, if he goes into the psd and we pick him up it is up to him to play for us on an agreed contract. if he doesnt agree to our terms then he wont be playin afl that year ala fabian francis leaving port and to miss a year of footy.

Yes, the Greener pastures thread....here is what I said: -

I'm tipping a three-way deal here. More than likely I will be wrong . But I will go out on a limb and take a 'speculative' stab at it: -

O'Keefe to Hawthorn

Green to Sydney and Melbourne's third round pick (35)

Hawks first round draft pick (16) to Melbourne, and second round pick (34?) to Sydney

I'll await the critics.....

Feel free to comment, is it a win-win-win?

edit:

fwiw here is the LINK

Note: Roos wants a first round draft pick for O'Keefe. So the above probably won't happen. What goes to Sydney is Green + 2nd & 3rd round picks..

i just spent the last 1/2 hour thinking of how this would work. you are on the money.

my version-

O'Keefe to hawks for pick 16 + Beau Dowler (swans gain 1st round draft pick in dowler who is still only 21?)

we give Green + pick 35 to swans (swans keep there 1st round pick plus gain ready made player and earlier 3rd round pick)

we gain pick 16 + pick 28? ( we gain an extra 1st round pick - picks 1,16,17,19,28. **4 picks in top 20**

swans will have Green + Dowler + picks 12 and 35. (who knows they may give pick 12 to bombers for Lovett!!!)

your right. probably wont happen but nothing wrong with speculating!!!! it is trade week after all................ <_<

no no no, if he goes into the psd and we pick him up it is up to him to play for us on an agreed contract. if he doesnt agree to our terms then he wont be playin afl that year ala fabian francis leaving port and to miss a year of footy.

Yep, but a club spending pick 1 on a player who won't sign just to spite him? A lose-lose.

Yep, but a club spending pick 1 on a player who won't sign just to spite him? A lose-lose.

Agree Pants.

Some posters have rocks in their heads.

If we send Green to the PSD only to pick him up and try and screw him financially on a football contract, we either f@c% a players football career or we retain a senior player with a malignant attitude toward the Club.

Also if we screw a nine year player over a contract, what does that tell the other players about their fair dealings with the Club in the future? Oh that right, players should play for the jumper!

Furthermore how would bastardry sit done to Green sit with players from other Clubs and how will it affect our already difficult task of attracting talent to MFC?

It's probably been mentioned elsewhere but is there any chance of

O'Keefe to Hawks

Green to Swans

Pick 16 to Demons?

I remember hearing Roos saying he would want a first round draft pick for O'Keefe, so I don't see how we fit in here.

Why wouldn't it just be pick 16 to Sydney for Rhino, and perhaps a player if the Swans want one.

I don't think he'd want a first round pick to then use on Brad Green IMO

I say trade him, if he is tossing up his options why should we wait! We have gone to his asking of 3 years, we are offering him a fair price with even some teams probably not prepared to pay him what we would be. He is holding us hostage and i dont like it. He must be weighing up if to go to a contender knowing we may me down the bottom for a few years.

Very disappointing but i say move on.... People should be aware if Brad Green does not play for the dees next year it will NOT be the clubs fault for not trying but HIS decision to leave our club.

I say trade him, if he is tossing up his options why should we wait! We have gone to his asking of 3 years, we are offering him a fair price with even some teams probably not prepared to pay him what we would be. He is holding us hostage and i dont like it. He must be weighing up if to go to a contender knowing we may me down the bottom for a few years.

Very disappointing but i say move on.... People should be aware if Brad Green does not play for the dees next year it will NOT be the clubs fault for not trying but HIS decision to leave our club.

I disagree a little with you here Mousey, I think the Results in the B & F have really [censored] Greeny off,, & i Don't Blame him. Mclean 2nd after only 14 games. Brad Green was a Shining light For MFC this year and he wasn't even rated in the Leadership group at the start of 2008. Brad feels he got shafted particulairly as his contract penalized him for not getting a higher B & F Nomination. The Voting System in place Stinks.

I disagree a little with you here Mousey, I think the Results in the B & F have really [censored] Greeny off,, & i Don't Blame him. Mclean 2nd after only 14 games. Brad Green was a Shining light For MFC this year and he wasn't even rated in the Leadership group at the start of 2008. Brad feels he got shafted particulairly as his contract penalized him for not getting a higher B & F Nomination. The Voting System in place Stinks.

You are only speculating about Brad's disposition and have little idea how he feels.

How does the voting system work?

You are only speculating about Brad's disposition and have little idea how he feels.

How does the voting system work?

I think he means, in his opinion, the RESULT of the voting system stinks.

I don't think Green deserved to be any higher in the voting imho.

He played good for a lot of the season and was consistent, but he didn't consistently play BETTER than everyone else on the park.

Good luck to him, but now that he's dragged his decision out this far, i hope he gets traded.

what about

brad green and pick 17 or 19 for collingwoods pick 11 and their 2nd or 3rd pick

would this work?

No. Why would Collingwood give up 11 and another pick for 17 and a 27/28yo who is closing in on 200 games? The filth aren't that dumb. If the deal looks good from your point of view, it won't come to fruition.

If Brad decides to leave for Collingwood, it will likely be for pick 29.

No. Why would Collingwood give up 11 and another pick for 17 and a 27/28yo who is closing in on 200 games? The filth aren't that dumb. If the deal looks good from your point of view, it won't come to fruition.

If Brad decides to leave, it will likely be for pick 29.

I agree, if he goes to the filth it will be for pick 29 and a player.

Ten news have just said that the swans want him??

Well then, there is that three way deal again. (Haw-Syd-Mel).

Just been reported on 10 sport that this is what is being looked at

Okeefe to Hawks

Green to Swans

Pick 16 to Us

Makes sense

Just been reported on 10 sport that this is what is being looked at

Okeefe to Hawks

Green to Swans

Pick 16 to Us

Makes sense

Gathering momentum it seems. If this does come to fruition, and we end up with 16, we'll secure Warnock IMO.

I would be absolutely stoked to get pick 16!!!!!!!!!!

Pick 1, 16, 17, 19!!!! 4 top 20 picks! Possibly giving one to freo for Warnock.

if we lose a top 20 pick for warnock i will be [censored] off

draft picks are like GOLD!! but are better at footy

however, how about davey and 19 to PA for pick 4

giving us

1, 4, 16, 17 and 19

btw, having 16 and 17 is really good, because we have one after the other so no clubs can rudely snatch someone we want in between

more picks melbourne

more picks