Brad Green value on the market?

Neita3000

sorry but i dont think miller is the guy to build a side around, not much to show in his 100 games, remember when he, he ,he did something, i dont.............

What you on. Cause it seems [censored] great.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the same time, I haven't seen any clubs surge from 10th to a premiership on the back on an extra late first round draft pick, which is about the best you'd get for Green or Bruce.

The question is therefore which is more valuable ... a known quantity that provides experience and leadership for a limited period of time (say 3-4 years) while we rebuild, or an unknown quantity of an extra draft pick that could be anything from a 10-year star to a 2-year dud?

Which we probably wouldn't even get......

All clubs are in the same boat as we are with the future drafts and unless they can get a guaranteed superstar, like maybe a Kerr or even Didak (although their off-field stuff may dent the trade appeal) and would be in my opinion opinion unlikely to cough up a first rounder or even a low second rounder for Green.

That doesn't mean he is useless it just means just as Maurie said, that he probably has more value to us than in trade terms with another club.

And I still think that in the wider community Bruce would draw a higher market price.

Just my opinion :) !!!

And I still think that in the wider community Bruce would draw a higher market price.

You're probably right, at least when it comes to the public's perception.

Bruce is probably our most highly-rated player by non-MFC fans that I know.

Seriously, if you think that Brad Green leaving will hurt more than Woey, you have short memories or you are just searching for arguments to give an irresponsible $450k three year deal to a 27 year old.

No, trust me, I recall Woey. You're right it won't hurt more.

I was browsing through BIgfooty forums and a lot of carlton supporters were talking about wishing they could pick up green.

Some said Fisher or Carrazo for Green?

Would you take this?

I personally would like Fisher because i think he is a very talented player and would be a nice addition to our forward line? But i not sure how old he is?

If we got Fish and a late rd pick i would probably think of taking it!

Is that bad?

Fisher doesnt have a big enough impact.

Carrazo is a so-so player. Same as Bartram really.

Top 20 Pick or young player.

No way in hell would we want to take Fisher, he is a hack of the highest order. Carazzo is Italian for turnover.

We would want pick 23/24 from Carlton for Brad Green and perhaps a young player. Either that or pick 17+ Green for pick 6. maybe throw in pick 18 as well to sweeten the deal.

I was browsing through BIgfooty forums and a lot of carlton supporters were talking about wishing they could pick up green.

Some said Fisher or Carrazo for Green?

Would you take this?

I personally would like Fisher because i think he is a very talented player and would be a nice addition to our forward line? But i not sure how old he is?

If we got Fish and a late rd pick i would probably think of taking it!

Is that bad?

No. I know some Carlton members, they don't rate him, he is frustrating. I agree. He bobs up now and again but most of the time gets beaten. No value, he's been around for a few years now. He won't get better. Prefer to keep Green than take Fisher. Same with Carrazzo.

I dont care if its a top 10 pick. I wouldnt trade Brad. We need to keep some players to build our young team around.

Bruce, Green and McDonald being the core in my opinion.

So the core of our young team will be 27, 28, and 32?

Get another development coach if our talented youngsters need guidance (we already have 2), if a 1st rounder is on offer Prendergast should take it.

If we do the right thing with our recruiting, I doubt in 2011 that either Green or Bruce will be in best 22. Or be an emergency.

I dont care if its a top 10 pick. I wouldnt trade Brad. We need to keep some players to build our young team around.

Bruce, Green and McDonald being the core in my opinion.

Some of the team ie McLean, Wheatley, Miller, Whelan, Sylvia, Davey, Moloney will be that next core to build the young team around. With Robertson, McDonald providing the experience, along with perhaps Bruce.

Its a cycle, and eventually others have to step up and fill the "void".

Guest Golgothan
No way in hell would we want to take Fisher, he is a hack of the highest order. Carazzo is Italian for turnover.

We would want pick 23/24 from Carlton for Brad Green and perhaps a young player. Either that or pick 17+ Green for pick 6. maybe throw in pick 18 as well to sweeten the deal.

Agree that Fisher and Carazzo are spuds.

Is that last line a suggestion to throw in pick 18 as a sweetener to offering pick 17 + green for pick 6? So we'd be giving away picks 17, 18 and Green and only getting pick 6 back in return. Great deal that one. They're the ones who'd have to throw in a sweetener, maybe their 3rd round (pick 40), making it Green & pick 17 for picks 6 & 40.

G,day 'Bay Riffin', I agree with your first comment but then baulked at the trding numerous picks for 1 early pick, this is where we dissagree, I think the strength of drafting is to get as many first round picks as possible,as any particular 1st rnd pick can be a dissappointment. But getting extra picks increases our chances of winning a future star player. I think thats the correct way to go?

Pick 6 for Green, 17 & 18?

Hell no :blink:

If a good deal was put on the table I'd happily trade Green.

The problem is, I don't think too many teams would be all that keen for him.

A skilled outside midfielder, with a motor and coming off a very good year? I reckon a few teams would be interested. Better get than TJ. Lions anyone?

If a good deal was put on the table I'd happily trade Green.

The problem is, I don't think too many teams would be all that keen for him.

I'd be very sad to see Green go, but ultimately I agree that if the price is right, we'd have to look at it.

I wouldn't trade him for another player though. Definitely not for players like Carrazzo or Fisher. That would be a massive step backwards, not to mention a huge waste of a spot on our list, which at the moment are at a premium. If we're going to trade players in our best 5 then it should be for a very good draft pick and nothing else.

A skilled outside midfielder, with a motor and coming off a very good year? I reckon a few teams would be interested. Better get than TJ. Lions anyone?

No. I like Brad Green and admire the way he plays his football. An earnest trier with some good finishing skills but not a player that breaks a game open and wins it. TJ for all his fault has the capacity to turn a game when he puts his mind to it. I think that is his value. I dont see Brad Green commanding that sort of premium.

I'd be very sad to see Green go, but ultimately I agree that if the price is right, we'd have to look at it.

I wouldn't trade him for another player though. Definitely not for players like Carrazzo or Fisher. That would be a massive step backwards, not to mention a huge waste of a spot on our list, which at the moment are at a premium. If we're going to trade players in our best 5 then it should be for a very good draft pick and nothing else.

Good post

Cameron Bruce will be traded ahead of Green

bartram is good trade bait

we have a bette run with player in Dunn, who has more skill

We are a bottom side with a surplus of players that cant hit targets by foot and hand. Our trade bait is week old fish!

because he is a solid, nagging run with player. trust me, more stupid trades have been done

These players don't fetch much interest at trade time. You said Bartram is good trade bait. Like RR said, he is definitely not good trade bait.