In: McDonald, Newton, Morton

B: M.Whelan, M.Warnock, P.Wheatley

HB: B.Green, C.Garland, C.Johnson

C: C.Sylvia, L.Dunn, C.Bruce

HF: M.Bate, M. Newton, A.Davey

F: P. Johnson, B.Miller, A.Wonaeamirri

Foll: M. Jamar, C.Bartram, N.Jones

Interchange from: S.Buckley, C.Morton, S.Valenti, S. Martin, J. McDonald

i can't find a 3rd person to drop... would be one of Martin, Valenti, Buckley you would think...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've got 5 on the bench.

And personally i wouldn't rush Junior in the team at the expense of any of those three

He knows he has 5 on the bench, he can't figure out who to drop.

Isn't it interesting that we have only won 2 games, but we are struggling to find players to drop. Especially when you consider potentially we have the likes of McLean, Rivers, Moloney, Petterd, Grimes, Frawley, Morton, Newton, Marric and even Jeff White all pushing for selection when fit.

Isn't it interesting that we have only won 2 games, but we are struggling to find players to drop. Especially when you consider potentially we have the likes of McLean, Rivers, Moloney, Petterd, Grimes, Frawley, Morton, Newton, Marric and even Jeff White all pushing for selection when fit.

Is that because we love our players too much, or because they're actually good?

A bizarre embarrassment of riches! I doubt DB will want to mess with last weeks team effort too much. Most likely just the 2 changes with Chook and Bode going out and probably Morton and Junior coming back in if he is fit. Wondering if Warnock might get a rest as he has had some big jobs of late and may not have a great match up against the smaller Dog forwards. I can see Junior on Aker perhaps? Would be good to see Newton have a run though and he must be close you`d think

.....Would be good to see Newton have a run though and he must be close you`d think

Doubt it. 2 games in the sandy 1's, for 2 and 4 goals; and kicked for goal like a dog apparently. Before that 2? uneventful games in the sandy 2's.

Doubt it. 2 games in the sandy 1's, for 2 and 4 goals; and kicked for goal like a dog apparently. Before that 2? uneventful games in the sandy 2's.

Our forward line functioned ok without a non-chasing basket case. Has to show 4 weeks consistent form to get a show.

I actually agree with ya Mono. I actually am not sure what the hype is about him as I saw all his games last year and only really had 1 or 2 reasonable games. I don`t see the harm in giving him a crack for 2 games and see if he is up to it. Great time to see if he warrants being on the list at years end or not?

Still - doesn't seem it fit with Bailey's modus operandi. He would have to play a few more weeks for sandy yet. But if the undisciplined acts that got him dragged today don't stop I see a trade or delist coming.

Morton in for Mclean.

If Jnr Mac is fit and ready to go, we should find a spot for him.

Doggies are a quick team, Buckley will retain his spot. One of our bigger guys could miss.

At this stage in the year, we need to have a look at everyone. Newton has not done enough for a call up, that said, we need to test him out sooner rather than later, as Bails will want to see who he wants to retain for 2009.

Re Newton, he still doesn't get it. Sorry, too obtuse for some, he gets the ball.

Morton in for Mclean.

If Jnr Mac is fit and ready to go, we should find a spot for him.

Doggies are a quick team, Buckley will retain his spot. One of our bigger guys could miss.

At this stage in the year, we need to have a look at everyone. Newton has not done enough for a call up, that said, we need to test him out sooner rather than later, as Bails will want to see who he wants to retain for 2009.

Out: McLean, Bode.

In: Morton, Frawley.

B: M.Whelan, M.Warnock, J.Frawley

HB: P.Wheatley, C.Garland, C.Johnson

C: C.Morton, L.Dunn, B.Green

HF: M.Bate, P.Johnson, A.Davey

F: C.Sylvia, B.Miller, A.Wonaeamirri

Foll: M.Jamar, C.Bruce, N.Jones.

Int: S.Buckley, S.Martin, S.Valenti, C.Bartram.

Out: McLean, Bode.

In: Morton, Frawley.

B: M.Whelan, M.Warnock, J.Frawley

HB: P.Wheatley, C.Garland, C.Johnson

C: C.Morton, L.Dunn, B.Green

HF: M.Bate, P.Johnson, A.Davey

F: C.Sylvia, B.Miller, A.Wonaeamirri

Foll: M.Jamar, C.Bruce, N.Jones.

Int: S.Buckley, S.Martin, S.Valenti, C.Bartram.

4 tall backman plus wheatley? against the Bulldogs? no way... unless we play garland forward...

I actually agree with ya Mono. I actually am not sure what the hype is about him as I saw all his games last year and only really had 1 or 2 reasonable games

He's only remembered for one (great) mark. I remember years ago, when Skilton was coach, the mark of the year was of some sandy headed kid standing on the head of someone in a Melbourne practice game. Skilton was asked where he was now? Answer: back playing suburban footy.

..... But if the undisciplined acts that got him dragged today don't stop I see a trade or delist coming.

delist. Mark it down now. (Unless Freo want him. ;) )

In: Morton

Out: McLean

If McDonald's fit, I'd drop Martin as well.

Then who matches up against Minson? Martin is a good match IMO, and Jamar with Hudson.

Bode should be omitted for .................. (you fill in the blank). McDonald's still listed with a groin.

For me:

In: Mcdonald, Newton (last chance), Maric (yup, bdogs a good game 4 him)

Out: Bode, Mclean, Martin(no match up 4 him)

But most likely:

In: Mcdonald, White (didnt play 4 Sandy, indicates he'll be back, not that I want him 2 be)

Out: Mclean, Martin

Out: Bode, McLean, Martin.

In: Morton, White, Frawley.

I think Frawley is more capable of playing on the small Bulldogs forwards than Stef.

In Newton

Out McLean

The match ups could work like this, no need to drop Martin.

Bartram Martin Wheatley

Akermanis Minson Welsh

Whelan Warnock Garland

Giansiracusa Hahn Murphy

Out: Mclean, Bode

In: Morton, Newton

Full side:

Bartram Martin Whelan

Wheatley Warnock Garland

CJohnson Jones Green

Bruce Miller Bate

Sylvia PJ Wona

Jamar Davey Dunn

Newton Morton Valenti Buckley

The match ups could work like this, no need to drop Martin.

Bartram Martin Wheatley

Akermanis Minson Welsh

Whelan Warnock Garland

Giansiracusa Hahn Murphy

I agree. Garland and Warnock would struggle on Minson due to height and Minson can be dangerous if he drifts back to the square. it would be a good test for Stef. Warnock would be a good match up for Hahn as Warnock is quick of the mark and Hahn is a great mark. Garland would be a good match up for Murphy.

The four harderst to match up on will be Aker, Johnson, Gia and Welsh (who always goes to town on us).

Dunn on Aker.

Bartram is another option for Aker. I reckon Dunn is more likely to tag Cooney as he is IMO their most damaging attacking midfielder.

Bruce on Johnson. He's done it successfully before. He has the stamina and one on one strength to go with Johnson and the ability to damage going the other way.