Crowd increase after half time

tez

Gee what a poor crowd at the start only looked about 10thousand or so did the early start throw people of or are we a fickle bunch and turn up when a win is looming

Did anyone else notice this

Its not the first time a few have been causght out by the earlier start ( which I prefer as it happens..for a Sun ) !! lol

Did look a tad empty...still.. we're not writing any checks today ;)

23,000+ in the end... That's ok...

given the crappy weather and the early start 23,000 is a pretty good turnout... compare it to 29,000 on Friday night, with a side on fire like Hawthorn, and 23,000 is pretty good...

the most important thing is we would've made money and not had to write a cheque out to the MCC

oh, 23k was a super turnout for Melb vs interstate side (even though Brissy does have a few of the Lions faithful still coming in the gates locally). A little bit of folding money for the boys, and the cheque book stays in the drawer! I think i actually cheered when i saw that. Just gotta keep getting people through the gates, easy way to cut a few hundred K like that.

Yeah a good effort, i'd be interested to know what the club budgeted for.

Definitely noticed it.

I was telling dad before the game this will be the lowest turnout in a long long time.

People definitely were confused with the 1pm start. Next time this happens we need to better inform supporters. I myself wouldn't have bothered checking the start time, and I only knew it was a 1pm game because someone mentioned it on Demonland.

Got a few calls from mum at 150, a text saying are you there now, because she thought it was the 210 start.

Another mate was going to come down, but also didn't know about the 110. Messaged me after the game saying he should've come, bombers fan.

Only knew to check because I sort of turned up a bit late once :rolleyes::lol: .not half way through.. but definitely missed the first bounce..lol

Guest melbman

Yeah I noticed sometime during the last quarter that the crowd had swelled from humble beginnings.

Was listening to the Triple M broadcast at the ground when before the bounce one of the commentators was repeatedly asking if it was the smallest crowd for 30 years. A co commentator finally shut him up with a NO!

Gee what a poor crowd at the start only looked about 10thousand or so did the early start throw people of or are we a fickle bunch and turn up when a win is looming

Doesn't matter what it looked like early on, we ended up with 23,000+, which isn't bad.

Yeah most people probably thought that it was a 2:10 start lol.

True. I didn't realise it until I checked the fixture at 12.50, just before stepping out the door.

Got lucky with the trains (only from Footscray) and got to the ground about 1.20 so only missed a bit. There were stacks of people just turning up at that time.

Always , people come near the start time , and if you know it is going to be a small crown (20,000), then their is no reason to come early, as you can always get a seat.

If you are early you just seat around watching nothing.

any word on the official crowd.

Our ability (or inability) to pull a crowd is the biggest myth! Hawthorn got 27000 last friday night and they are in the top 2 and have 15000 more members than us!!!!

Our crowds in general have been good considering our SHIZEN year.

just goes to show that half of the Tasmanian Hawks members are probably signed up pets

any word on the official crowd.

Our ability (or inability) to pull a crowd is the biggest myth! Hawthorn got 27000 last friday night and they are in the top 2 and have 15000 more members than us!!!!

Our crowds in general have been good considering our SHIZEN year.

just goes to show that half of the Tasmanian Hawks members are probably signed up pets

I find it hard to believe how people can be so stupid to turn up late. It's not like this infomation wasn't publicly available... how did the other 15K manage to turn up on time??? Read the paper or look at the fixture FFS!!!

FWIW, 1.10 start is much better. You can have a few beers after the gamne and still get home before dark

FWIW, 1.10 start is much better. You can have a few beers after the gamne and still get home before dark

Its much better for you or much better for everyone else? Im up for whatever suits the majority and that seems to be 2.10. Beers doesnt really come into it when most supporters come as families.

I didnt arrive until quater time due to a family event Id committed to the week before assuming it was a 2.10 start. Noticed on my way in there was a lot of families with kids around junior footy age that probably couldnt get in any earlier due to club footy. It'd be nice not to have to check the fixture every week to see what time the games on, I always keep the afternoon of game day free but nowadays that could be anywhere between 1 and 5. Im just thankful I live close by so its not so much of an inconvenience, most people arent in the position.

Pretty good for an early game

+ what was the weather like?

Bloody FREEZING. Only drizzled for a few seconds here and there thankfully.

I'm just glad that 20,000 and then 23,000 faithful supporters got to come and see the dees play two of the finest wins I've ever seen in the Freo game and Brissy game...

I find it hard to believe how people can be so stupid to turn up late. It's not like this infomation wasn't publicly available... how did the other 15K manage to turn up on time??? Read the paper or look at the fixture FFS!!!

Most people are probably just used to a 2:10 start and just assumed it to start at that time.

Yeah a good effort, i'd be interested to know what the club budgeted for.

and they were signing up members at a rapid pace. Really felt a great buzz today. To have a visible president amongst the crowd was great. We mightn't be the biggest supporter base but we're doing alright. When you look at the likes of Stynes, Bailey, Connolly, the new board, the players and of course all of us it makes you realise that it'll come good. In a way it took the club too long to admit to it's miriad of problems. Now that's been done when can get on with getting back to the top where we belong. Go you mighty Demons!!!

P.S. Don't sweat on draft picks we'll get a gun, probably 2 so just let thimgs pan out. I'm feeling that the footy gods are swinging back our way.

By the way, Jimmy's bringing the Demon back!!

Well i can understand today being an earlier start but if anyone noticed the crowd swell agains Freo well after the game started you would think alot of people did turn up, also got told ppl calling up a radio station complaining about having to pay at 3 qtr time did anyone else hear that on radio

I hope this is not the case agin today, was fantastic thought to out number the lions clearly and have a voice especially the roar when regaining the lead we may be small but we do have a voice well done

Enjoy

Go Demons