• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Your Bluey Truscott Current Top 5 after Round 13

H_T

Michael had nine possessions, but didn’t play as well as he did in his last two games, where he displayed a lot more energy and attacked the ball much harder. Having said that, he still competed hard on a wet and windy day, and presented well at the ball. Another positive to come out of Michael’s performance was his defensive pressure, which will continue to be a focus for him

He is not interested at all in football and it shows.

Huge disappointment by any measure.

Well so far out of all posts the majority have Green and McLean either at position 1 or 2.

I've considered dropping Jones down my own pecking order from position 2 to No.4, due to popular opinion from posts. He may well of dropped off a bit in form over the past 3 weeks.

Wheatley and Garland are the ones to watch I gather come B&F night.

Sorry Neita 3000, I can't possibly fit Dunn into my top 5. Even Top 10! Michael newton has been injured, so thats a bit harsh. Agree with Garland.

Davey at 3 is a surprise, I would have Wonaemirri in front of him having kicked 19.3 compared to Davey's 9 goals this year.

Miller has been solid - correct. Green and McLean - I agree.

I know how coaches vote Dunn will be rewarded mark my words

1. McLean

2. Green

3. Bruce

4. Wheatley

5. Jones

If we get Davey fit i recon he'll make a play for the top 3-5 spots, Miller could be thereabouts as well, he's been much improved this year and is clearly a favourite of Bailey.

Morton and Wona will fight it out for best first year player, and Garland would surely be most improved. Best Sandy player would have to be Valenti at this stage and i can't see him being chased unless he gets a regular spot in the seniors.

5 - McLean

4 - Green

3 - Bruce

2 - Wheatley

1 - Davey.

Most Improved: Colin Garland.

Best First Year Player: Austin W.

Most Courageous: Matthew Warnock

Best Clubman: James McDonald

Most Dissapointing: Adam Yze or Michael Newton.

I think I'm allowed an opinion. So if I think someone's post is harsh, I have a right to an opinion, the same as you referring to someone's assessment as valid of which I can't fathom.

Yes he did play the last 10 rounds last season. And looked impressive. So I have got some clue. Whats to say he isn't carrying a niggling injury he can't shake. Don't forget it is only a poor report card for 1 week. He's past two games prior were considered positive.

You do make a good apologist even if you lack substance.

If you are going to call someone else's opinion harsh you want to substantiate why it is harsh. You havent and been shown to be light on the fizz. You are entitled to your opinion but I will remember not to place much weight on it.

So a player who played 10 AFL games in the AFL last year was "impressive" is now wallowing in Sandy 2nds for past three weeks and you find positives. :wacko::lol: Are you sure you are not Juice's mum? :D

Dont worry if you cant fathom it, I understand completely. ;)

But RR, he won MOTY, he must have been impressive :lol:

I admit, on occasion last year i was pretty excited. He seemed to be going out of his way to really attack the footy and work hard.

Unfortunately it seems he's gone backwards, when his only option was to move forwards.

I'm not sure if i'm more dissapointed though in Weetra, or more to the point, why we drafted him.

Is there a story behind this? Was he Rookie listed? Was he injured before the draft and we assumed he was better?

But RR, he won MOTY, he must have been impressive :lol:

I admit, on occasion last year i was pretty excited. He seemed to be going out of his way to really attack the footy and work hard.

Unfortunately it seems he's gone backwards, when his only option was to move forwards.

I'm not sure if i'm more dissapointed though in Weetra, or more to the point, why we drafted him.

Is there a story behind this? Was he Rookie listed? Was he injured before the draft and we assumed he was better?

Hmmm! :unsure:

After having seen Newton over the past 3 to 4 years I have observed the talents on show spasmodically and I have seen the questionable atttitude that goes with it. Newton was pick 30something in 2004 where CAC suggested that he could be something or he could be nothing. Wide spread but seemingly close to the mark. He had a great opportunity this year to be the one up forward. And he drifts in Sandy 2nds.

Weetra was pick 66 in the 2005 draft and what you would call a punt. Injured last year but has struggled to make any impact. Cant see why we picked him early on. But I dont think he has it and will be cut at seasons end.

Deeoldfart, You have Wheatley in second! For him to be in second, gee we have struggled as a side.

Yep. I doub't anyone could disagree with that!

Then daylight fourth? What about Cam Bruce>?

Yep again. Bruce and Jones, but a long way behind the first 3 IMO.

Most people are saying Brock is #1, but for my money, he's taken a while to get going. His last month or so has been brilliant, but Greeny was the stand-out player in the early rounds. I think it'd be fairly even between then in terms of BOGs, probably two to Green and either two or three to Brock, but that is only off the top of my head, haven't looked at the games in detail. These two are clearly the top two for mine, while Brucey has had some pretty good matches, and picked up a lot of touches in a few matches (not that this really means anything). Wheatley has been good but has missed some matches, didn't he miss a few?, I forget now but I know he hasn't played them all. Davey has been serviceable interspersed with moments of brilliance, but he is capable of more. Nathan Jones continues to show something, certainly one that we should build around for the next half-decade, but again, is capable of more. So my top 5 is:

1. Brad Green

2. Brock McLean

3. Cam Bruce

4. Paul Wheatley

5. Nathan Jones

then Aaron Davey, Brad Miller, Austin Wonnaemirri.

And the remarks about Dunn, I agree he has done well in some matches, but I don't think he's been in our top 5 players to be fair... although he did a great job on the weekend.

Most people are saying Brock is #1, but for my money, he's taken a while to get going. His last month or so has been brilliant, but Greeny was the stand-out player in the early rounds. I think it'd be fairly even between then in terms of BOGs, probably two to Green and either two or three to Brock, but that is only off the top of my head, haven't looked at the games in detail. These two are clearly the top two for mine, while Brucey has had some pretty good matches, and picked up a lot of touches in a few matches (not that this really means anything). Wheatley has been good but has missed some matches, didn't he miss a few?, I forget now but I know he hasn't played them all. Davey has been serviceable interspersed with moments of brilliance, but he is capable of more. Nathan Jones continues to show something, certainly one that we should build around for the next half-decade, but again, is capable of more. So my top 5 is:

1. Brad Green

2. Brock McLean

3. Cam Bruce

4. Paul Wheatley

5. Nathan Jones

then Aaron Davey, Brad Miller, Austin Wonnaemirri.

And the remarks about Dunn, I agree he has done well in some matches, but I don't think he's been in our top 5 players to be fair... although he did a great job on the weekend.

A lot of people have Wona high, but he's played relatively few matches. I'll be surprised if he gets anywhere near the top ten. Bate will be there, he's only played 7 matches so far, but he's easily been BOG twice and his averages are better now than last year when he came third. I agree though, it's a two horse race at the minute.

1. Green

2. McLean

3. Miller

4.Bruce

5. Jones

6. Wheatley

7. Bate

8. McDonald

9. Robertson*

10. P. Johnson

I expect Colin Garland to come home with a flourish.

You do make a good apologist even if you lack substance.

If you are going to call someone else's opinion harsh you want to substantiate why it is harsh. You havent and been shown to be light on the fizz. You are entitled to your opinion but I will remember not to place much weight on it.

So a player who played 10 AFL games in the AFL last year was "impressive" is now wallowing in Sandy 2nds for past three weeks and you find positives. :wacko::lol: Are you sure you are not Juice's mum? :D

Dont worry if you cant fathom it, I understand completely. ;)

Hardly. But read this from today's Herald-Sun: -

"Forward Michael Newton is also considered a strong chance to play in the VFL this week after overcoming knee soreness...he has been unable to overcome knee pain." - John Ralph

Its no wonder he's been "disappointing", as you believe. Sometimes you have to back up what you believe....not that I like making excuses for footballers, but this is justified. "There end of lessen"

Its no wonder he's been "disappointing", as you believe. Sometimes you have to back up what you believe....not that I like making excuses for footballers, but this is justified. "There end of lessen"

He injured his knee around Round 5. He was already dropped to the VFL and struggling before he hurt his knee at training.

BTW, the word is lesson but in this case lessen may be apt. :unsure:

He injured his knee around Round 5. He was already dropped to the VFL and struggling before he hurt his knee at training.

BTW, the word is lesson but in this case lessen may be apt. :unsure:

Neitz was playing Full Forward up until Round 5, bit hard to get a game up until he hurt his knee with a 306 game star filling the void.....shall i continue.

Very apt :rolleyes:

Maybe DB has a different philosophy?

You are right. After round 1 when Newton once again could not make an honest attack on the ball, DB clearly decided he only wanted committed and focussed footballers in the side.

And wasn't Neitz starring in those early rounds while Newton was knocking down the door of selection to get back in. There is no reason why you could not have played both together especially as Neitz was terrible in those rounds.

No its definitely lessen..more than I thought.

You are right. After round 1 when Newton once again could not make an honest attack on the ball, DB clearly decided he only wanted committed and focussed footballers in the side.

And wasn't Neitz starring in those early rounds while Newton was knocking down the door of selection to get back in. There is no reason why you could not have played both together especially as Neitz was terrible in those rounds.

No its definitely lessen..more than I thought.

Thankyou. I was there Round 1, you could argue not one player made an honest attack on the ball, let alone Newton. 22 players at Hawthorn would support that.

Lesson. Correct Neitz was terrible in those rounds too. What do you think of Bailey anyway? (getting off the topic) :lol: