Melbourne vs Richmond

titan_uranus

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i wasnt talking about contributions from yourself, i was talking about those calling for baileys head and basically loosing their [censored]. for the record, im as frustrated as the next supporter. you'll just have to take my word for it.

nothing I ever say is funny.

during a game is never an appropriate time for people to make comment on big issues within the club. Too much passion, and there is plenty of it amongst us, to think clearly.

Anyone calling for Baileys head in the circumstances in which he is working is just not thinking clearly.

phew!! nearly won that !! :).

Some promising efforts. Some good signs...and a good result . Not all will think that . oh well. ;)

It's over now:

Richmond 16 20 116

Melbourne 14 10 94

Well we weren't disgraced: Garland and Wheatley were good, Morton and Wonna were poor, Bode and Sylvia were unsighted.

Harsh on Wonna there.

While he didn't impact on the scoreboard he was good around the ground.

All over.

I think our second half showed that we have more than enough to build from. That second quarter can come from any young side. Statistically if you take that out of the game, we win by 5 goals. Obviously it's not that easy, but with more experience, and more leadership, i think we could have eradicated that momemtum, and with not much else different, could have won this won.

We have no experienced defenders, our forward line is cobbled together by mobile but unaccustomed players, it will take time but with each positive quarter we take a step ahead.

That was a gutting loss, but i like that because it meands the team showed me they could have won, at least we're getting somewhere.

Brad Green is a gun by the way.

All in all, positive display, completely upset by just 10 minutes of footy. but at 1-11 if you're focusing on 10 minutes of bad footy over the potential of 70 minutes of good footy, you don't know much about our situation.

Go the dees, i'll be driving up to Manuka to watch the boys

It's over now:

Richmond 16 20 116

Melbourne 14 10 94

Well we weren't disgraced: Garland and Wheatley were good, Morton and Wonna were poor, Bode and Sylvia were unsighted.

harsh on silvia, i actually thought he made a very good contribution and used the ball particularly well.

Arguably the best possible outcome.

A fighting loss, still rooted to the No. 1 pick, and now Richmond have denied themselves any chance to claim a priority pick.

2nd quarter was a pungent blight which, hopefully, we'll never have to endure ever again, but aside from that they weren't too bad at all.

Richo undeniably the difference. Still a big sook, but he's having a ripper year.

In case anyone is in any doubt, if we don't bottom out this year we are in serious deep strife.

Have a look at the Dorks and the Blues with their draft picks.

Unfortunately we'll get one great shot at this year's draft. After that the new teams beckon.

With a considered approach we could do okay. Trade, delist, bargain and draft.

Here's the opportunity. We've been ordinary for far too long.

Arguably the best possible outcome.

A fighting loss, still rooted to the No. 1 pick, and now Richmond have denied themselves any chance to claim a priority pick.

2nd quarter was a pungent blight which, hopefully, we'll never have to endure ever again, but aside from that they weren't too bad at all.

Richo undeniably the difference. Still a big sook, but he's having a ripper year.

agree. My main concern with the game was the form of morton. I know hes young but i thought he was touted as having good disposal and decision making?

I was really happy with Cameron the Bruce tonight,29 mostly clean disposals,although should have nailed that goal before the onslaught.

Also happy with Wheatley,29 good disposals.

Brad Green played well,took some more gutsy grabs and is having his best season ever.

We really need the above 3 to be consistantly good if we are going to challenge,we can't rely on the under 22's.

We won the first quarter and second half and 10 minutes in the 3rd cost us.

There are some real positives on the horizon.

agree. Yy main concern with the game was the form of morton. I know hes young but i thought he was touted as having good disposal and decision making?

True. Didn't want to say anything but I was a bit miffed at him in the 2nd when he torched two perfectly good opportunities. He has plenty of time usually, though he does seem to have a propensity to run himself into trouble. At least he accumulates the ball, and you can't teach that. Having seen him deliver some sensational passes in the U18s last year I'm confident that time is all he needs.

harsh on silvia, i actually thought he made a very good contribution and used the ball particularly well.

Really? Well I was only listening on radio but he got about 15 disposals and didn't seem to have much influence but if you saw him then fair enough. Did he play forward, because he didn't score?

agree. My main concern with the game was the form of morton. I know hes young but i thought he was touted as having good disposal and decision making?

Yeah I agree, I reckon he shouldn't go to Canberra next week. Give him and maybe Wonna a rest, let's be honest, we're not going to beat Sydney and these two definitely could use a rest.

Sylvia was out best player in the 3rd, which also happened to be the quarter we dominated.

How was he unsighted?

Really? Well I was only listening on radio but he got about 15 disposals and didn't seem to have much influence but if you saw him then fair enough. Did he play forward, because he didn't score?

i would say he played half forward pushing up, therefore he didn't get heaps when the flow was against us, but he had a big impact in getting us going imo.