Russell Robertson Injury

Last game for the MFC I rekon. It's not as out-there as you think it is.

Quite possibly. Was it Wilson at Port who did an achilles a year or so ago and has barely played since. About the same age as Robbo. Without his leap he will barely get a game. Lets hope we get to see him again for entertainment sake. Could be a blessing in disguise everyone. He has had little impact all year and our season was shot very early on so its a dozen games that another kid will get under his belt that he may not otherwise have played.

our forward line is farrrrkkkkeeedddd.

How did we ever get in this position after spending about 6 draft picks on key forwards... it's really pathetic drafting and it makes me wonder why everyone lauded CAC for being a good recruiter.

We have only 1 true key forward in Miller and he is strong trier but is average.

Bate and Sylvia aren't true KPP (most mobile flankers) and PJ is a ruckman.

We don't even have any developing key forwards other than NEwton who looks a spud atm.

very depressed

Would love to see Trent Zomer elevated.

I liked what I saw from him in the pre-season. Looks to have a nice set of hands.

I'm up for that. We need to give Newton SOME competition...

Jeez it's sad for Robbo. Without his leap he's a very ordinary footballer...

I'd hate to think we have seen the past of Neitz and Robbo within an 8 week period... That's 1000 goals experience, and 100 goals a year right there...

The only silver lining here is that we do get to see what the kids are made of. There's no-one else.

POOR ROBBO! i feel for him coz he bleeds for this club! the good old days of yze, robertson, white, neitz, woewodin, leonchelli playing fantastic football is nearly coming to an end.. :(

What a sad, sad day for the club. One of my personal favourite's (i picked as 'my man' after seeing him kick 6 or 7 goals in the ressies in 1997 before making his debut, and have backed him ever since). Up until the start of 2008 i had #24 on the back of my Melbourne jumper, which has since gone numberless*, so its definitely one of those moments in footy i'll never forget, should the career-ending worst eventuate. (*Incidentally, it was finally torn off completely during the Demonland/Ology v Sainsational match this year, not because i dont love Robbo).

I'd like to think Robbo can get back from this one, but his chances seem very slim now.

If so, to go out like this is, after working so hard to prove himself as an AFL footballer, seems highly unjust, and a very sad and dissappoiinting way to end a career, which in many ways has mirrored the fortunes of the club. In other words, an inconsistent roller-coaster of dizzying highs, and at times, sickening lows.

I'll miss Robbo a lot, and as long as he's still on the list and is working 100% hard to get back into the side when he's fit again, then i'll back him to go round one more time, maybe late in 2009 and have a proper farewell then. But as i said earlier, the chances of that seem highly unlikely now, with the severity of his injury, and age. I'll reserve my farewells and thankyou's for after he's retired though. However it still a sad day, probably the last time we see Robbo running around in the red and blue.

Looked very innocent at the time..until he quickly stuck his mit in the air..and thats NEVER good :((

Ive avoided adding to too many other threads for this game..as it al ljust sounds like me too and a broken record...but we all do now :((

I dont shirk givng this bloke a roast when he deserves but recall thinking at the time thats mighty brave of you Robbo..and then !! :((

Just looking at this realistically I really dont want to comment until a med report is in but if it is as bad as sounds..then it ,might really be the end of the road for Roboo. His whole game really is built around taking flight and threading goals; neither of which may come back to anything like 80% let alone 100%

He's gone for this year..and its any guess when hed get back to the track. Is unlikley to get a good preseason in. What can I say..it simply doesnt stack up well for him..An utter bugger of a way to go out and that seems our lot this year.

Robbo ...I wont wish you a speedy recovery..I'll wish you a GOOD recovery..take your time..and weigh up your options going forward. Think long and hard.

edit:

oh for the record.. that first kick was one of the dumbest things Ive ever seen!!

Looked very innocent at the time..until he quickly stuck his mit in the air..and thats NEVER good :((

I dont shirk givng this bloke a roast when he deserves but recall thinking at the time thats mighty brave of you Robbo..and then !! :((

Does anyone remember who the high kick to Robbo v 3 saints came from?

Hospital-ball of the ABSOLUTE highest order....

Quite possibly. Was it Wilson at Port who did an achilles a year or so ago and has barely played since. About the same age as Robbo. Without his leap he will barely get a game. Lets hope we get to see him again for entertainment sake. Could be a blessing in disguise everyone. He has had little impact all year and our season was shot very early on so its a dozen games that another kid will get under his belt that he may not otherwise have played.

Yea but wilson has a massive injury history, one or two knees along with that, you're farked.

Really really sad news for the leaping lunatic his season over but he should be able to come up again fitter than ever. it will allow for those knees to have a nice old rest too. He might come back better than ever.. hopefully he'll learn to chase as well....

Get behind him instead of writting him off just yet.

As to replacement. I think the ever joyful RR might be spot on Grimey to come back on. Then the use of Holland, and hopefully Maric might be getting close, addition by subtraction along with Newts